• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Had the same issue at On Target a while ago as well. Nothing like being chastised by someone who doesn't know the law.

It depends on who's helping. I actually prefer dealing with one of the ladies working there. They've all been nice and helpful. One younger guy always comments on my m&p's threaded barrel, I say, "yeah one of these days I'll have enough money to pick up a suppressor for it",...he says, "Pshh, not in maryland, that's illegal". This has happened a dozen times or so. I tried explaining the federal process for getting a suppressor the first time or two, now I just go through the routine, amazed that I'm having the same conversation with the same guy over and over again like groundhog day. On target is just around the corner from me and I usually have a very pleasant experience there, one or two underinformed workers aside. It was a little frustrating being muzzle banged today by customer after customer coming to the gun rental counter to trade out guns. Last week, I caught some motion to my 5 oclock while in my lane and noticed a single-action .44 pointed at my back by a guy in the lane next to me trying to get an omega lock out of it. I wanted to continue shooting, so I just offered to get it out for him...then waited a bit for the gun to find its way back to the lane shelf to continue shooting.

Whenever I go up to alucard's private range in PA, where it's $15/year for a 200 yd range where you can set up idpa stages, shoot on the move, do ballistics tests and have the whole range to yourself....it makes me further hate being stuck in balto-metro maryland.

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    One of my favorite times was being at Freestate and a guy began rapid fireing wildly and striking the floor several times. Nothing like seeing sparks and hearing things bounce around to get your attention. Fortunately his buddy stoped him with a "WHAT THE F%$K ARE YOU DOING?" If they had rules like Select Cheesesteak it would have never of happened.

JailHouseLiar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 26, 2013
    Timonium, Maryland
    Then you haven't been there in the recent past. Big sign right on the door-no loaded mags allowed.

Before the sign, I went in about 3 months ago and was chastised for having loaded mags and that it was illegal to transport that way...

Same experience some time ago. The mags were in a locked case that was in a locked rear of a truck. If it's store policy, fine. I don't need a lecture on the law and how I'd be arrested, seeing as the police would need x-ray vision to see inside a locked truck, inside a locked case. I notice that particular guy isn't there anymore. Not when I've been anyway.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    It's interesting - their website states an 8 day release policy. Wait, not quite... it actually says "...will be released on the 8 working day."

They have so-called Glock 17 high cap mags for $65 - ouch.
    I guess they mean standard magazines, but heck, for $35 you can get 33 rounders sent as repair kits: http://www.classiccityfirearms.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=37

The most surprising is they are saying that you may purchase AR15 Lowers unitl the end of NOVEMBER and full "ARS" as long as they are on the dealers books before 10/1. Sounds like a misinterpretation.

Edit: I love the website's use of color and ALL CAPS LARGE FONTS! Very readable

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    Whenever I go up to alucard's private range in PA, where it's $15/year for a 200 yd range where you can set up idpa stages, shoot on the move, do ballistics tests and have the whole range to yourself....it makes me further hate being stuck in balto-metro maryland.

can you post a link to that range? I tried googling it and come up with junk
    Thanks
    Dan

Josey Wales

Aug 4, 2010
    Own worst enemy..............

Select Fire....

Their own worst enemy.

Out of all the years I went there I never had a good experience. When I was screamed at about shooting too fast and having to space out the shots while using my pistol and yet the owner's son came out to the lane next to me with a full auto MP5 showering me and the floor with hot brass by the pound...I knew it was time to spend my money elsewhere. Even while doing the training classes there they did not have to space out the shots.

It does not matter who the owner is I will not go back because I believe Wayne will always have his hand in it.

This is me exercising my freedom of speech. If you do not like what I post on here do not blame MDS blame Select Fire for lessening the experience I paid good money to enjoy but did not.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    LGS Etiquette

Gun shops being ignorant of such basic gun law does not help the shooting community, not to mention makes me never want to shop there.

Well, for about a 25 year period, I did not go to many local gunshops. I would usually just get ammo then leave. About 3-4 years ago, with renewed interest I started making some rounds, and was amazed at the poor and ignorant treatment that many LGS employee's displayed. I would look in the case and listen to some of the discussions, and wanted to just chime in when I would hear many lie and distort the truth. Either about laws or the guns themselves, and usually it was just because the employee was not current with proper information. :D I had bought a brand new house down near Quantico. I remember talking with a LGS employee on a forum one time, and the young guy SWORE UP AND DOWN that you could not purchase a fully automatic weapon. His store was only about 3 miles away from me, and I had been in there several times before meeting him on line. I bet him lunch, then, after about a week or 2, he never returned any of my messages anymore...hahahhahah I never did go in and speak to him in person though....I really do not like that type of confrontation anymore to be honest.

When I was younger, I was in Valley Gun shop, when they were in a little stone building in Towson, and a day later, a customer walked in, asked to see a shotgun, put a round in it, and , well, proceeded to take his head off. Took a few days to clean up that mess and open again.... I used to joke that the guy just could NO LONGER TAKE THE BS he was getting in there....:D

But, I have been lucky up here, I usually just deal with Bollinger's, but still do get around and check out the inventory of different stores from time to time. Still , a bunch of nasty, dumb employee's working it seems! And I still like to dip into listening to those conversations from time to time.

It just amazed me about the lack of customer support or rather, respect, that still goes on. I guess its like what I used to say about the car business: They survive and sometimes THRIVE, inspite of themselves!!! hahahahahaha

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Anal warts

May they suffer "The Dance of a Thousand Anal Warts"

WOW That is just ONE NASTY ......PAINFULL...PENALTY!! :D

Hahahahahaha Man, I had NEVEReven heard of those, until I dated this nurse years ago. Where she worked, every Thursday was STD day, and she would tell me all these hilarious stories...hahahahaha The sex with her was pretty good, but,, the STORIES were even better!!:lol2:

But, our relationship could not last. She had 2 creepy, misbehaving youngsters, that are probably in prison now...or death row!@!! :D

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    ya know, if I ever have a bad day sometimes I just open up the forum and start poking around. Usually I find this thread and my day gets a whole lot better! I get smarter too, I would have never known there is such a thing as Feline Herpes Virus....thank you select fire

I love this forum

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This thread still has the best tags EVER at the bottom of the thread!

Just some of the current tags:

"8====|) heads, *******, best tags ever, douchebag, down syndrome, effin cheesesteak man, fastest growing thread, girls only shoot 22s, glorious mullet, google, gunshops to avoid, hemorrhoids, hmmm cheesesteak, horrible gun ranges, kitten herpes, lasts 4 seconds, no cell phones!, peach milkshake, pompous asses, romper room, select fire, shithead, sig for room clearing, simple shit bags, top 10 worst places ever".

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Just some of the current tags:

"8====|) heads, *******, best tags ever, douchebag, down syndrome, effin cheesesteak man, fastest growing thread, girls only shoot 22s, glorious mullet, google, gunshops to avoid, hemorrhoids, hmmm cheesesteak, horrible gun ranges, kitten herpes, lasts 4 seconds, no cell phones!, peach milkshake, pompous asses, romper room, select fire, shithead, sig for room clearing, simple shit bags, top 10 worst places ever".

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Simple sh*t bags is my favorite! :lol2:

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Check this out! I have my HQL, DC status, and previous mid year “ND" from Select Fire, and I called today to see if I can pick up my 9/30 lower receiver and I was told I couldn't because they waiting on my 9/30 app saying waiting for MSP to the background check... Wtf I have a HQL, DC status and I bought/receive a purchase from them (which means they MSP already done the background.) That is retarded.. No more purchases from them! The only reason I bought the lower receiver from the was because it was last minute and they had them on 9/30. Can't pick up a purchase when my background check alreadyed cleared.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    Check this out! I have my HQL, DC status, and previous mid year “ND" from Select Fire, and I called today to see if I can pick up my 9/30 lower receiver and I was told I couldn't because they waiting on my 9/30 app saying waiting for MSP to the background check... Wtf I have a HQL, DC status and I bought/receive a purchase from them (which means they MSP already done the background.) That is retarded.. No more purchases from them! The only reason I bought the lower receiver from the was because it was last minute and they had them on 9/30. Can't pick up a purchase when my background check alreadyed cleared.

Say again

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena

Say again

I believe he said he Fvcked up and should have read this thread first.

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    I've been to a bunch of gun shops around the Baltimore area, so far my best experience so far has been at Duffy's. Prices are awesome, staff is knowledgable and friendly, was honestly pretty surprised, I'm used to encountering major douches at every gun store I've been to.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I've been to a bunch of gun shops around the Baltimore area, so far my best experience so far has been at Duffy's. Prices are awesome, staff is knowledgable and friendly, was honestly pretty surprised, I'm used to encountering major douches at every gun store I've been to.

At first I was like how is this relevent to the thread? and then I saw you mentioned Select Fire at the end of your post...:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom