• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    While making not-subtle accusations full of innuendo and misleading information, you clearly have no clue about Maryland corporate charters.

I had corporations and now one LLC I file for every year. Call me crazy, but tossing out $150 or so each time and the red tape letting it lapse, just doesn't appear rewarding to me. I didn't take it you are the sole person in the thread that understands corporate filings. Posting facts and your inference they are accusations is on you, just is what it is. What is bolded below is the concern, and agree you are correct is a typical causation of not filing yearly as required. Your analogy to Wells Fargo is very interesting

Care to share what the $10,000 Tort against Wells Fargo was about? Did it settle? Did MSI get any money?

It seems to happen particularly often with entities like non-profits and HOA's, and community citizens associations, where directors and officers change every year or two, because the faces and addresses change.

Exactly, and we know how well HOA's with musical directors run.. ymmv

Doing this volunteer work is a thankless job, and my hat is off to all the people who are willing to undertake it.

You sound like some of the (thankfully infrequent) ignorant complainers who come to their community association meetings and complain about the perceived shortcomings of other peoples' volunteer efforts, but are the first ones out the door when the meeting is adjourned, not to be seen again until the next meeting with your new complaints. Very constructive.

I've served two terms as an HOA treasurer. I volunteered and didn't expect a pat on the back. I think it one of the tasks of an HOA a bit unpleasant when you are the one that has to knock on doors of all the deadbeats. :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Care to share what the $10,000 Tort against Wells Fargo was about? Did it settle? Did MSI get any money? D
    Yes, it settled. By the conditions of the settlement, we are not permitted to give details, but it was a satisfactory ending.

This information has been public for quite some time.

Last edited:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Check went in the mail this morning. More will be coming as finances allow. I won't be waiting for a full financial disclosure report before donating more. I have seen the passion and dedication of MSI's board and officers in action in the fight to restore our 2A rights. That means worlds more to me than a bunch of figures in a spreadsheet.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I don't mind folks wanting to understand the process and the players. It's all about doing it right, and MSI is doing all they can to put it together the right way. I trust them without question.

When I was still involved with leadership, quite frankly we outkicked our coverage, and managing the massive new membership overwhelmed the ability to clean up the prior situations.

More quality people willing to make the needed changes are always a good thing, and I've been very proud of what is being done to make MSI a first-class Rights Advocate.

Where I have an issue is with people who get snarky about things that could have been answered by simply getting involved with the organization, and/or paying attention to the communications.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Capt. Snarky or Capt. Snipe, trying figure what has a better ring to it? I have no problem with good natured debate, actually I very much appreciate it, but we really don't need the constant edge. When I see that, I tune out the rest of the message.

Mr H

Banana'd
    SAF seems more effective to me recently but no one has really mentioned them.
    There is a distinction among the national .orgs as to their specialty and focus.

NRA-ILA deals with legislative processes/issues, and SAF tends to deal with applications of law/citizen legal issues.

In this instance, there IMO is a 'general' harm from the legislation rather than solely a specific, single individual having run afoul of the law.

So, NRA-ILA has the yoke on this one, with the support and involvement at the state level from MSI, MSRPA, MLFDA, and the other named plaintiffs. NSSF is, IIRC, also named and helping, but (as an industry organization) I don't know the depth of that one.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Someone seems to have a prepared opposition research file on MSI.

I've been known to dig into orgs and do research, but only ones that i'm deeply philosophically opposed to. You're overplaying your hand. seeds of dissent are best sowed slowly.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    There is a distinction among the national .orgs as to their specialty and focus.

NRA-ILA deals with legislative processes/issues, and SAF tends to deal with applications of law/citizen legal issues.

In this instance, there IMO is a 'general' harm from the legislation rather than solely a specific, single individual having run afoul of the law.

So, NRA-ILA has the yoke on this one, with the support and involvement at the state level from MSI, MSRPA, MLFDA, and the other named plaintiffs. NSSF is, IIRC, also named and helping, but (as an industry organization) I don't know the depth of that one.

It's time some of you face reality. You can't go on backing up and drawing another line in the sand forever. Eventually you will end up in a corner with a gun to your head and no means to resist.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say that you'll defend the constitution if you aren't willing to fight for it. Unless what you really mean is you'll support the constitution as long as someone else is doing the fighting.

The thing is, our enemy isn't the military and LEO community. It is the politicians that continue their long string of abuses and use armed police as the threat to make us accept it.

I don't want that showdown with police ever. We must continue Reach Teach and Inspire the Constitution while we have the opportunity because the day will come when we won't have the chance. If we will not stand up against tyranny now, inevitably we will have that showdown.

Arms are the peoples badge of authority and that is the reason for the second amendment. Imagine if you will, attempting to make citizen's arrests of some corrupt politicians, without arms. They'd laugh in your face just like any other criminal would to an unarmed policeman.

The people need to demonstrate the will and means to resist. You are fooling yourselves if you think you can successfully defend the constitution without this demonstration. Let's not allow it to get to that point where our only choice is bloodshed or the loss of everything for which our founders fought.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Capt. Snarky or Capt. Snipe, trying figure what has a better ring to it? I have no problem with good natured debate, actually I very much appreciate it, but we really don't need the constant edge. When I see that, I tune out the rest of the message.

I don't take it as either being snarky or sniping at MSI. He had a valid question with valid concerns that required a valid answer instead of him being sniped at.

He actually understands the corporate property tax process in MD and as far as I know, he was fine with the answer provided to him on the issue, thus it is closed as far as I am concerned. If he still has concerns or questions or if anyone else does for that matter, everyone knows where to find me and how to get ahold of me.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    We need to get back OT, but... It's interesting...

I'm asked almost daily "What's with this guy?"

Yes, we do need to get back on topic, thank you.

As for what is with him, he has questions and concerns and would like answers to them, it really is that simple to me.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Not sure what that had to do with my explanation re:SAF...

SAF, NRA/ILA along with other orgs supporting our cause legally only go so far. People need to face reality this only goes so far. The 10th Amendment Center is another place to seek advice on how to fight legally for 'we the people'. Why not seek other courses of action to we will not comply.
    Maryland firearms owners currently buy magazines outside the state.
    Why not support a fund to we will not comply along with funds towards law suits for our cause?

Are there any wealthy supporters of MSI? Someone who has opposite view of blumturd!

watch this.....http://www.midnightride.us/trailer/

Last edited:

Nikon

Jan 24, 2013
    In for $50.

The only way this will get solved is in the courts. The people in Annapolis only care about their liberal agenda and not anything we have to say. At this point, calls and emails to them are pointless. I've done it over the years only to be ignored.

We have to do it all. I haven't been a grassroots activist for that long on this issue, but I am seeing a change. From last year to this year, the anti-gun legislators know that we're here and we're not going away. If-and-when new anti-gun legislation comes up, we'll be there to stop them. You wouldn't believe the amount of time the leadership at MSI and other 2A supporting organizations (think AGC, etc.) put into reading over the legislation just to shine a flashlight on what they're trying to do. That and the personal time spent in Annapolis and around the state and rest of the country just to stand up and be the voice of those that can't or won't. I saw it in 2013 and I see it even this year. Who knows, we might even have a few wins in court by then which makes it harder and harder to pass the crappy laws like SB281.

Oh, and thanks for the donation. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom