• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Today I received the latest NRA ILA email. At the bottom are stories on legislation being considered and passed in other states..Guess which state was not mentioned...at all....

The NRA knows where their money and time are working..it's not here...

Which is why Marylanders need to do what needs to be done.

Kick in, Mule. :)

SDA

May 22, 2008
    Dun-Doc Hun
    In for $50.

The only way this will get solved is in the courts. The people in Annapolis only care about their liberal agenda and not anything we have to say. At this point, calls and emails to them are pointless. I've done it over the years only to be ignored.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Which is why Marylanders need to do what needs to be done.

Kick in, Mule. :)

I'm a Life NRA member and donate. I'd recommend donating there.

I realize MSI is a sacred cow here. In ten years two forfeitures of their entity status for non reporting. Many changes in resident agents and office addresses. Different attorneys with multiple amendments. Ten years and no public disclosure of where money comes and goes, and when one asks.. they are the problem. Past performance is not necessarily an indication of future results, but the hostility at a legitimate question from "some" of the executives or BOD is not an acceptable response. People here who want to defend a non profits (asking for donations, now wanting to raise six figures) opaqueness when it comes to finance , go ahead :indiffere. A query about availability of financial information then immediately responded to as an implication of malfeasance, that is just a great straw man when there is no rational answer. I did receive an adult response via PM so I'm not going to paint the entire MSI crew with a "With us or against us" mentality. Maybe the insiders are fantastic, have a lot of pull with politicians etc. I have in fact donated in the past to MSI. Even though I don't like where every dollar NRA spends goes, I'm more the type "now" backing the horse I know. One member here an attorney, almost assures victory in bringing this action. If that is the case, I have no idea why NRA has forsaken such a drop in the bucket to win a case in Maryland. Shannon Alford has always appeared to be a realist when it comes to what is attainable. Have any MSI people consulted with her why NRA does not help with this?

I realize MSI is a sacred cow here. In ten years two forfeitures of their entity status for non reporting. Many changes in resident agents and office addresses. Different attorneys with multiple amendments. Ten years and no public disclosure of where money comes and goes, and when one asks.. they are the problem. Past performance is not necessarily an indication of future results, but the hostility at a legitimate question from "some" of the executives or BOD is not an acceptable response. People here who want to defend a non profits (asking for donations, now wanting to raise six figures) opaqueness when it comes to finance , go ahead :indiffere. A query about availability of financial information then immediately responded to as an implication of malfeasance, that is just a great straw man when there is no rational answer. I did receive an adult response via PM so I'm not going to paint the entire MSI crew with a "With us or against us" mentality. Maybe the insiders are fantastic, have a lot of pull with politicians etc. I have in fact donated in the past to MSI. Even though I don't like where every dollar NRA spends goes, I'm more the type "now" backing the horse I know. One member here an attorney, almost assures victory in bringing this action. If that is the case, I have no idea why NRA has forsaken such a drop in the bucket to win a case in Maryland. Shannon Alford has always appeared to be a realist when it comes to what is attainable. Have any MSI people consulted with her why NRA does not help with this?

I had heated discussions with who ever it is at MSI that runs their Facebook page. Instead of continuing the discussions, they made excuses why they couldn't or wouldn't do certain things that would possibly help the situation. They blocked me from posting and therefore I have come to the conclusion that MSI would rather take people's money and do nothing else. I didn't know about the non disclosure issue, or the fact that they have not once but twice been cited for failure to report. That's potentially criminal...so tell me again why people are so open to supporting them? Are they really working to help you or are they taking your money knowing that their "efforts" will never get the results Marylanders desire? Because we know one thing for fact...IF Maryland ever were to get s SHALL ISSUE ruling...MSI would not longer be needed....

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    ... Are they really working to help you or are they taking your money knowing that their "efforts" will never get the results Marylanders desire? Because we know one thing for fact...IF Maryland ever were to get s SHALL ISSUE ruling...MSI would not longer be needed....

Seriously? Most folks in MSI that I've interacted with can use their time to make more money through their personal efforts. They're contributing their time to an effort which they feel is worthwhile to them and their children. Maybe this concept is alien to you as you are so ready to impugn the efforts of others.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I had heated discussions with who ever it is at MSI that runs their Facebook page. Instead of continuing the discussions, they made excuses why they couldn't or wouldn't do certain things that would possibly help the situation. They blocked me from posting and therefore I have come to the conclusion that MSI would rather take people's money and do nothing else. I didn't know about the non disclosure issue, or the fact that they have not once but twice been cited for failure to report. That's potentially criminal...so tell me again why people are so open to supporting them? Are they really working to help you or are they taking your money knowing that their "efforts" will never get the results Marylanders desire? Because we know one thing for fact...IF Maryland ever were to get s SHALL ISSUE ruling...MSI would not longer be needed....

You are smoking crack if you think an organization like MSI will no longer be needed when we get shall-issue. Do you think the MD government won't try to put all kinds of crazy restrictions on TPM?

You are smoking crack if you think an organization like MSI will no longer be needed when we get shall-issue. Do you think the MD government won't try to put all kinds of crazy restrictions on TPM?

Then that's not a SHALL ISSUE is it? No, if Maryland were to ever get a REAL SHALL ISSUE (they won't) then MSI will no longer be needed.

Where is the money? what is it spent on? Lets see the records of their fund raising..

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

I donate to both bovines equally.

That way all udders remain full and can dispense green milk when needed.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    If you think things need to be done different, then step your know it all ass up to the plate and take a swing on your own Until you accomplish something productive pleases do us all a favor and STFU! Your whining is getting old.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/08/trolls-whats-confusing-nature-game.html

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/03/01/paid-govt-and-corporate-internet-trolls-are-real/

They jump into productive online discussions and civil debates, and undermine them, ruin them
    Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm not an NRA supporter. Until the NRA refuses to endorse democrat candidates I will never restart my membership.

And no...MSI knows who I am and why I refuse to back them. That's all I need to say.

Then donate to MDS so when more people join they can continue to read your posts and maybe you'll change a mind and more people will think like you..............instead of being so negative let us know where we should be donating so that our resources can best be pooled to best serve our needs.

I haven't seen a positive post from you in this entire thread discussing how we as a community can better accomplish our goals. It's been nothing but, "I'm not donating here, I don't support this, I hate democrats." BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..............Either say something useful or get off the soapbox because while we may be staring and listening it's not because were getting your message it's because we're wondering when the train wreck is going to stop.

End rant.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Definitely this.

When I first started asking about why the HQL suit was on pause I couldn't believe it was because of money only. I thought there was some legal or strategic reason.

I think I have seen someone say that there are like 20,000 members of this forum and I know not all are active. But if half of the members (10,000) here give $10 we have funded our lawsuit $100,000 and that is a damn good start. I think this HQL suit is one of the best things we can do right now that we actually have a little control of. If this thing doesn't get going it is a crying shame and I really don't know what to think.

It wasn't put on hold for money only, the original lawsuit was to bring the state into compliance on citizens being able to purchase a firearm with an HQL on Oct 1, instead of waiting however long it was going to take to get an HQL and then purchase a handgun. The state came into compliance with that issue.

There were also other reasons in that the same basic suit had been brought in NY, CT, IL and other states with permits to purchase, that had previously failed.

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    In for $50.

The only way this will get solved is in the courts. The people in Annapolis only care about their liberal agenda and not anything we have to say. At this point, calls and emails to them are pointless. I've done it over the years only to be ignored.

Unfortunately this is my experience as well.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Today I received the latest NRA ILA email. At the bottom are stories on legislation being considered and passed in other states..Guess which state was not mentioned...at all....

The NRA knows where their money and time are working..it's not here...

Maybe it's because the legislative session in Maryland is less than two weeks from being finished and no new legislation is being accepted and cross-over day has come and gone.

The e-mail I received spoke to legislation still in play in those states.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Couldn't figure out when my MSI membership expired so I just renewed sustaining for $50. Also contribute regularly to SAF and NRA, but NGRA - not so much - they spend too much effort arguing against the other pro-2A organizations.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

While making not-subtle accusations full of innuendo and misleading information, you clearly have no clue about Maryland corporate charters, Annual Personal Property Returns, forfeitures, and reinstatements. Many corporations, including HOA's, mom and pop shops, and even banks such as Wells Fargo http://sdat.resiusa.org/ucc-charter/Pages/CharterSearch/default.aspx have had either their charter or right to do business in Maryland forfeited for failure to file their Annual Personal Property Return and pay the $300 filing fee. They then have to file the missing paperwork along with Articles of Revival, pay the fees, and they're reinstated.

It seems to happen particularly often with entities like non-profits and HOA's, and community citizens associations, where directors and officers change every year or two, because the faces and addresses change. Nearly every community Citizens Association and HOA that I've been involved with, and there are several, has at one time or another had this happen to them, and they've all reinstated when it was learned. Nobody was EVER accused of absconding with the assets. I'm not surprised at all that this happened to MSI. It happened to Wells Fargo Bank, and to plenty of other corporations who have employees who are actually paid to make all the corporate filings on time but sometimes let them slip, if you care to do the research.

Doing this volunteer work is a thankless job, and my hat is off to all the people who are willing to undertake it.

You sound like some of the (thankfully infrequent) ignorant complainers who come to their community association meetings and complain about the perceived shortcomings of other peoples' volunteer efforts, but are the first ones out the door when the meeting is adjourned, not to be seen again until the next meeting with your new complaints. Very constructive.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

My only advise is donate to whom you feel comfortable donating to, but donate (and you have, thank you).

As mentioned before, MSI is working to get the books in order and transitioning from "5 guys" meeting in the back of a bar, to a full fledged organization.

2013 brought some real growing pains that we are still playing catch up to. (not an excuse, but a reality of the numbers influx due to FSA2013).

I prefer to under promise and over deliver, but at some point we will be able to provide more than a basic accounting of financials.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

The failure to report was for property taxes, which basically a non-profit doesn't have. The previous leadership did not report one year and lost the filing status in the state, in the process of refiling and providing back documentation, another year was missed, and the filing status was again lost.

This is the first and last time time I will address this issue in this thread so as not to hi-jack the thread and take it off subject.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    MSI does not block people on FB who disagree. We only block people who consistantly insult people, consistantly threaten violence or other consistant patterns of behavior.

If you got blocked it wasn't because we didn't want to discusss it, it was because you consistantly did one of the above things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom