• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    The moral of the story is:

If you have an FFL & intend to sell "stuff" in a county, make sure that "stuff" is legal in that county...

It seems pretty straightforward...

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    So its really illegal to possess a stun gun in harford county? I cant get over that we can buy a real gun but not a stun gun

Sadly that is correct, ref: http://ecode360.com/9375511

See if you can get a friendly county council member to support a bill overturning that law, and then work to gain majority support. We were able to do that earlier this year in Anne Arundel County, and overturned a law on the books that had been there for years.

It does seem inconsistent to allow for lethal force, while denying the opportunity for nonlethal means of self defense. That's a good angle by which to push for revision in the county laws.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Where is the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" crowd?

I didn't look up Baltimore county law on Tazers, but it was obvious to me what it was by a good guess when you don't hear the constantly annoying tazer demonstrations at timonium gun show, but the same promoter putting on a show in PA, there they are, every 30 seconds demonstrating a tazer.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Where is the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" crowd?

Sorry, was visiting family.

This is definitely a play stupid games win stupid prizes post, all right. They're illegal by County Law. Guess the seller only checked State Law.

Do your research, show your work. She's lucky if all she gets is the 20 tasers confiscated.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So its really illegal to possess a stun gun in harford county? I cant get over that we can buy a real gun but not a stun gun

Ah, but they know if you have a stun gun you will carry it. You can't do that with your real gun, can you? It all fits in with their agenda....protect the criminal class at all costs.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    A lot of people collect brass knuckles and switchblade knives largely because of all the stupid laws against them. Tell people they can't have something and they might want it even more. Kind of works the same way alcohol prohibition did. I guess I might start collecting stun guns and tazers now.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    A lot of people collect brass knuckles and switchblade knives largely because of all the stupid laws against them. Tell people they can't have something and they might want it even more. Kind of works the same way alcohol prohibition did. I guess I might start collecting stun guns and tazers now.
    If/when we normalize relations with Cuba, there's gonna be a mega eruby Havana Club rum karma.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It sucks to be her.

Use this as a teachable moment that Legal Research does not mean a verbal opinion from a random LE Ofc.

It only takes a slight squint to get the idea that rightly or wrongly Ms Guy seems to be firmly on the radar screen for hightened attention at present.

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    Hmmm.........

Montoya32 wrote:
    "The police stated that they were 'tipped off' that I was planning on selling Tasers' [] said Debra Guy, who runs the Guys Hunting kiosk in addition to a pawn shop in Havre de Grace. "If the police knew ahead of time, why didn't they just come tell me they were illegal, and I wouldn't have ordered them?"

The county agency I was associated with worked under the premise that it was "their job as a law enforcement agency to prevent crime" and..... if they knew of or saw any crime about to be committed.... that it was their (my) duty to stop it before it happened.

The op's frustration with this current state of law enforcement is well placed. :cool:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Seems like more to the story. David Craig is not helping his cause with this and a few other issues going on in the county.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

--There always is.
    --Yes, if it were any other business/person, we's all be yelling about knowing the laws.
    --I would reserve comment about the 'tipping off' and 'not ordering'. Since the illegal act wasn't even acted upon, I don't see how the LE agency has any responsibility for interdiction on something that was only talked about--she hadn't ordered anything illegal to sell in Harford County.

The commonly-accepted idiom is that the citizen is responsible for knowing the law.

I like Deb and her business, but lets not rally to support her bad decision just because she sells guns. That's a little hypocritical.

I have purchased from Deb before, and had no issues with those purchases.

However, she has made a number of poor business decisions lately. Such as not releasing firearms after 8 days during the back log, not being in the store to do ffl paper work, not having inventory, and lastly her decision to try and sell inside a mall.

I hope for the best for her, but she is ultimately responsible for not fully researching the laws and regulations for an area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom