• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Please allow me a small Maryland related thread jack.

The long street with all of the cars that gave way down to the railroad tracks will be shown by GRETA on FOX in a few moments.

It's good video.

Now back to original programming.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I think I understand both sides of the issue here, and my gut feeling is this has the potential of liquidating more liberties; at least more then it will ever fortify.

That said, I don't think there is anything anyone can do to stop it. The technology is already here and those of us who live in states like MD, NJ, CA, etc. are at the 'mercy' of the legislators and ultimately those who elect them into office.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    You do understand that "our own" includes all of the gun owners and shooters in New Jersey right? All of the citizens there that will be deprived of their rights.

Do you know about California's Microstamp law? How about our hand gun registry? Stupid horrible laws. These take years and years to challenge in court. They are trying to run out the clock on gun owners. In the mean time, we are infringed, and your local lawmakers are inspired.

In other words, you in MD are much better off helping to fight this war on foreign soil (in this case NJ), before it gets to your own shores. You've got to see that.

I understand your argument. My belief, however, is that Engage notwithstanding, the trigger event will occur, it is inevitable. Everyone blamed the listing on Gunbroker of a single 5.45 pistol (shooting steel core ammo) for triggering the ATF 7N6 import ban. I hope that everyone concerned with this realizes that the NJ AG will find what he needs in order to start the 3 year clock running. In a nation of 310 million, you will not stop a single FFL, who got an FFL specifically and only to aid the antis, from "commercializing" the smart gun by conducting the first sale. Again, the first sale is inevitable, and the timing is measured in plus/minus a matter of weeks. There is NO WAY to keep a lid on it for years.

Last edited:

North86

May 1, 2014
    I understand your argument. My belief, however, is that Engage notwithstanding, the trigger event will occur, it is inevitable. Everyone blamed the listing on Gunbroker of a single 5.45 pistol (shooting steel core ammo) for triggering the ATF 7N6 import ban. I hope that everyone concerned with this realizes that the NJ AG will find what he needs in order to start the 3 year clock running. In a nation of 310 million, you will not stop a single FFL, who got an FFL specifically and only to aid the antis, from "commercializing" the smart gun by conducting the first sale. Again, the first sale is inevitable, and the timing is measured in plus/minus a matter of weeks. There is NO WAY to keep a lid on it for years.

I don't accept your argument. Getting an FFL isn't easy, and for a group to get an FFL just to sell a "smart" gun would be something that could be used in court against NJ at some point.

But why legitimize it? Why give Armatix any legitimacy at all. They do not exist to sell smart guns, they exist to get rid of all guns.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds

There's a difference between some faux FFL engaging in a conspiracy to screw us on the one hand, and a revered and otherwise reliable local FFL aiding and abetting the process.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Im really sorry some people feel the way they do about us but that is their CHOICE and they're entitled to it.

I consider myself exceptionally pro-gun. I will defend that right with my life or by taking others. Its that simple for me. I consider gun rights my personal jihad, which is why you see many of the things we do. We consistently push the envelope here in MD and I am extremely confrontational with the powers the be. In fact, I know have to pose any of my questions to MSP in writing and they will respond via letter. Apparently my attitude is reviled there. Moreover, I dont know any other dealer that has been as active against SB281 than us although everyone has contributed greatly for our cause.

This comes down to just a few things for me. The foremost being is that we can get people who are on the fence regarding gun ownership to buy guns. As many of you know, when you take an anti-gunner shooting they almost invariably love it. Yesterday, Chris Hayes from MSNBC shot my UMP and loved it. We all know that he represents the most extreme left wing of our media. However, if we can get those guys behind guns it is in our favor. If we can get people who are on that fence to go out and shoot it will only be good for us. Isnt that what we are supposed to be about? Encouraging the natural right to keep and bear arms?

I cannot stand that progun people are calling for the prohibition of a firearm. It doesnt matter what it is. That is opposed to everything we stand for and our entire platform. We cannot acquiesce to the fear that some ******* politician would make this mandatory. Thats what we have the REAL guns for, to prevent that. We cannot compromise our values but we cannot bow down to fear either. What drives people talking about gun prohibition or boycotts is fear. It doesnt matter if its from the right or left.

Despite what is said by others who support this technology, there is only one application for it and that is the gun right fencesitter. In its present configuration it is not ready for law enforcement use. It most likely is not ready for self defense use BUT it could get the soccer mom crowd, the urban dweller, or the pinko lefty into guns. This would be a good thing.

Anyone is free to email me at andy@engagearmament.com or call the shop at 301-838-3151 to discuss if you want. Or come into the shop and talk to me.

And that Andy is why I send so many people to you and your store!!I say Bravo to you Sir. I also find it sicking that so many gun owners want to turn on each other and would rather infight then work together. For what my opnion is worth you are Marylands Rosa Parks of second Amendment rights.

Thank you, for all you do.
    wes

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It has nothing to do with whether shops carry it. They banned the most popular rifles in the whole Country. They have an agenda. They will mandate smart guns if they want to. The line of thinking that if shops sell it the government will mandate it is just as bad as the libs. You are blaming an inanimate object for actions they have nothing to do with. My AR-15 influences me to become a mass murderer about as much as smart guns influence lawmakers to pass laws infringing on our Rights.

jayc0968

Cpl, U.S.M.C. 87-92
    Sep 22, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    I have to read more about all this, and right now don't have time.
    However, a "smart gun" is not going to make a dumbass any safer.
    Only training will do that...

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I don't accept your argument. Getting an FFL isn't easy, and for a group to get an FFL just to sell a "smart" gun would be something that could be used in court against NJ at some point.

But why legitimize it? Why give Armatix any legitimacy at all. They do not exist to sell smart guns, they exist to get rid of all guns.

Perhaps we shall agree to disagree, but please, regarding your line of reasoning, clarify something for me. You state that it isn't easy for a person to get an FFL just to aid the antis, yet you state that Armatix is an entire company, and not a lone FFL-holder, that exists to get rid of all guns. I find the concept of one person getting an FFL, (or an existing FFL-holder flipping sides), to aid the antis to be far easier to accomplish and more plausible than a group of people and investors going to the trouble and expense of creating a licensed firearms manufacturer just to devote itself to getting rid of all guns, thus putting themselves out of business. Also, the question of why an FFL-holder got his FFL is not relevant. All that would matter is that a sale took place.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    Why don't the mods move this to a regular forum like the 2a section and let everyone see it? Engage wants to stand out, so let them. Hell, why don't we put up a poll? Seems odd no one like MSI has chimed in.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Why don't the mods move this to a regular forum like the 2a section and let everyone see it? Engage wants to stand out, so let them. Hell, why don't we put up a poll? Seems odd no one like MSI has chimed in.

Why would MSI chime in? This is a respected retailer exercising a Right to sell what he chooses. The selling of the gun itself will in no way influence the passing of any legislation regarding smart gun technology. The very existence of the technology is all the legislators need. Believe me, they know it exists. Like I said before, a retailer selling a smart gun has as much chance of influencing legislators as my AR does making me a mass murderer.....

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Perhaps we shall agree to disagree, but please, regarding your line of reasoning, clarify something for me. You state that it isn't easy for a person to get an FFL just to aid the antis, yet you state that Armatix is an entire company, and not a lone FFL-holder, that exists to get rid of all guns. I find the concept of one person getting an FFL, (or an existing FFL-holder flipping sides), to aid the antis to be far easier to accomplish and more plausible than a group of people and investors going to the trouble and expense of creating a licensed firearms manufacturer just to devote itself to getting rid of all guns, thus putting themselves out of business. Also, the question of why an FFL-holder got his FFL is not relevant. All that would matter is that a sale took place.

Like SUGARMANN, JOSHUA ALAN, founder and Executive Director of the Violence policy center getting an FFL, in DC? That could never happen, you have to engage in the business to get an FFL.

Oh, wait, he DOES have an FFL...In DC.
    SUGARMANN, JOSHUA ALAN 1730 RHODE ISLAND AVE NW #1014 WASHINGTON DC 20036 1730 RHODE ISLAND AVE NW #1014 WASHINGTON DC 20036 2028228200

https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/f...il/XLS/0414-ffl-list-district-of-columbia.xls

To "blame" Engage for anything here is ludicrous. They are, and always have been, on our side.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I dont have a problem with somebody selling this, or taking the risk and buying it. That's why they call it liberty. If this is the only gun somebody will buy well, go for it.

I myself though am skeptical someone will go through the HQL and then get this.

I think what people are really objecting to is not the gun itself but the fact that CA and NJ and some other states are mandating certain technology as a de-facto prohibition, and this opens the door. The slope is indeed very slippery in MD.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    Like SUGARMANN, JOSHUA ALAN, founder and Executive Director of the Violence policy center getting an FFL, in DC? That could never happen, you have to engage in the business to get an FFL.

Oh, wait, he DOES have an FFL...In DC.
    SUGARMANN, JOSHUA ALAN 1730 RHODE ISLAND AVE NW #1014 WASHINGTON DC 20036 1730 RHODE ISLAND AVE NW #1014 WASHINGTON DC 20036 2028228200

https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/f...il/XLS/0414-ffl-list-district-of-columbia.xls

Is he selling smart guns? How much?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Is he selling smart guns? How much?

He is not. My point was reinforcing this:

You state that it isn't easy for a person to get an FFL just to aid the antis, yet you state that Armatix is an entire company, and not a lone FFL-holder, that exists to get rid of all guns. I find the concept of one person getting an FFL, (or an existing FFL-holder flipping sides), to aid the antis to be far easier to accomplish and more plausible than a group of people and investors going to the trouble and expense of creating a licensed firearms manufacturer just to devote itself to getting rid of all guns, thus putting themselves out of business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom