• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    IMG_20240327_131338_921.jpg

Unsure what that is on the end...it isn't slotted....do I just drift the sight off, or is that pin or threaded screw of some type....I haven't soaked it...but I couldn't budge it with needle nose pliers...
    IMG_20240327_131324_995.jpg

shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    I appreciate all the tips and advice. I got it all together....I could not get the screw out from the front sight ...I gently persuaded the rear band ring over the sight with some large pliers, then gently persuaded it back to round again. Getting the rear pin in that holds the flip up sight in was a chore....but doable. I had to chuck it in a drill and polish it with fine grit to get it to fit....back and forth, test and polish....but it fit snugly through and the sight flips up as it should....We plan in shooting this weekend. I will ad some photos/videos to close out this thread. Only thing left would be a bayonet.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I appreciate all the tips and advice. I got it all together....I could not get the screw out from the front sight ...I gently persuaded the rear band ring over the sight with some large pliers, then gently persuaded it back to round again. Getting the rear pin in that holds the flip up sight in was a chore....but doable. I had to chuck it in a drill and polish it with fine grit to get it to fit....back and forth, test and polish....but it fit snugly through and the sight flips up as it should....We plan in shooting this weekend. I will ad some photos/videos to close out this thread. Only thing left would be a bayonet.
    Sometimes, the screws through the block are tough and frozen being exposed to the elements and age.
    A sheet metal band can be pried apart a touch but a milled one would definitely been harder but sounds like you got it well enough.
    Recently I saw where SG ammo had a pretty decent section of ammo particularly Prvi which is good brass for hand-loading which is a rewarding venture for 303 not to mention it has good function and service rifle accuracy for the ball ammo.

shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    Sometimes, the screws through the block are tough and frozen being exposed to the elements and age.
    A sheet metal band can be pried apart a touch but a milled one would definitely been harder but sounds like you got it well enough.
    Recently I saw where SG ammo had a pretty decent section of ammo particularly Prvi which is good brass for hand-loading which is a rewarding venture for 303 not to mention it has good function and service rifle accuracy for the ball ammo.
    You are always one step ahead. I will look them up. I have a buddy who re-loads and has some ready to go for the weekend.

shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    IMG_20240331_112112_027~3.jpg

Mine is the middle ..was in good company today. Much much better feel in the wood furniture. Wasn't really trying hard today, but at 80 yards, there wasn't a miss. So happy I went back to this configuration (semi authentic).

Attachments

• IMG_20240331_114848_090.jpg
      IMG_20240331_114848_090.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 15

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Looks good, just the way to shoot them too.
    I like the way the action sounds when the bolts being closed over a live round.
    Nice and tinny, from the hollow of the box mag. Tight.
    Not like a bent mailbox door on a green waterlogged wood post.

shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    Lol. It does sound and feel good. Mechanically sound and smooth. I like my semi autos....but nothing compares to a bolt....levers are a close second though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom