• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Isn't the SPAS 12 listed as a regulated firearm? How about the StreetSweeper?

I don't have list right in front of me.....
    And a Mossberg is on the list too.
    (xxx) Mossberg model 500 Bullpup assault shotgun;
    http://law.justia.com/maryland/codes/gps/5-101.html

http://www.nisat.org/weapons pages linked/US/mossberg_model_500_bullpup_12.htm

This is the entire list. Notice especially the "Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format" because that includes Saigas which are Kalashinkov versions,

(p) "Regulated firearm" means:

(1) a handgun; or

(2) a firearm that is any of the following specific assault weapons or their copies, regardless of which company produced and manufactured that assault weapon:

(i) American Arms Spectre da Semiautomatic carbine;

(ii) AK-47 in all forms;

(iii) Algimec AGM-1 type semi-auto;

(iv) AR 100 type semi-auto;

(v) AR 180 type semi-auto;

(vi) Argentine L.S.R. semi-auto;

(vii) Australian Automatic Arms SAR type semi-auto;

(viii) Auto-Ordnance Thompson M1 and 1927 semi-automatics;

(ix) Barrett light .50 cal. semi-auto;

(x) Beretta AR70 type semi-auto;

(xi) Bushmaster semi-auto rifle;

(xii) Calico models M-100 and M-900;

(xiii) CIS SR 88 type semi-auto;

(xiv) Claridge HI TEC C-9 carbines;

(xv) Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle;

(xvi) Daewoo MAX 1 and MAX 2, aka AR 100, 110C, K-1, and K-2;

(xvii) Dragunov Chinese made semi-auto;

(xviii) Famas semi-auto (.223 caliber);

(xix) Feather AT-9 semi-auto;

(xx) FN LAR and FN FAL assault rifle;

(xxi) FNC semi-auto type carbine;

(xxii) F.I.E./Franchi LAW 12 and SPAS 12 assault shotgun;

(xxiii) Steyr-AUG-SA semi-auto;

(xxiv) Galil models AR and ARM semi-auto;

(xxv) Heckler and Koch HK-91 A3, HK-93 A2, HK-94 A2 and A3;

(xxvi) Holmes model 88 shotgun;

(xxvii) Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format;

(xxviii) Manchester Arms "Commando" MK-45, MK-9;

(xxix) Mandell TAC-1 semi-auto carbine;

(xxx) Mossberg model 500 Bullpup assault shotgun;

(xxxi) Sterling Mark 6;

(xxxii) P.A.W.S. carbine;

(xxxiii) Ruger mini-14 folding stock model (.223 caliber);

(xxxiv) SIG 550/551 assault rifle (.223 caliber);

(xxxv) SKS with detachable magazine;

(xxxvi) AP-74 Commando type semi-auto;

(xxxvii) Springfield Armory BM-59, SAR-48, G3, SAR-3, M-21 sniper rifle, M1A, excluding the M1 Garand;

(xxxviii) Street sweeper assault type shotgun;

(xxxix) Striker 12 assault shotgun in all formats;

(xl) Unique F11 semi-auto type;

(xli) Daewoo USAS 12 semi-auto shotgun;

(xlii) UZI 9mm carbine or rifle;

(xliii) Valmet M-76 and M-78 semi-auto;

(xliv) Weaver Arms "Nighthawk" semi-auto carbine; or

(xlv) Wilkinson Arms 9mm semi-auto "Terry".
    Kalashinokov versions includes 30-06, and it includes the .410 and 20 gage too.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thanks Novus

I wanted to drive home the fact that it would specifically include trap guns. This is so ****ed up I don't even know where to start.

BlindViper

Mar 15, 2007
    felton, pennsylvania
    looking at the list
    I see
    9mm
    7.62 x 39
    12ga
    .50 bmg
    .30-06
    .410 ga
    20ga

Bushmaster semi-auto rifle (any caliber their rifle can come in)
    .450 Bushmaster
    6.8 mm SPC

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Yup....I was just trying to keep things simple and boil it down to the most extreme examples.....22lr and 12 gauge shotgun. The plinkers and the trap guys will wake up in a heartbeat over those.

looking at the list
    I see
    9mm
    7.62 x 39
    12ga
    .50 bmg
    .30-06
    .410 ga
    20ga

Bushmaster semi-auto rifle (any caliber their rifle can come in)
    .450 Bushmaster
    6.8 mm SPC

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    this is despicably sad. i hate to be melodramatic but seriously, what would Franklin, Hamilton, or Jefferson have had to say about this nonsense? they wanted Americans armed with the latest and greatest weapons of the day. antigunners say "they all had muskets" well, anyone that knows diddly about history knows that NOT ALL MUSKETS ARE CREATED EQUAL! many americans had cheap, old, outdated, or underpowered (smaller caliber) weapons. compared to standard issue english military weapons, these were NOT equal in any way shape or form.

i'll end my rant and go bag to emails.....just needed to get that out so i didnt include it and a lot of profanity in my emails to some of our finer legislators......

MentalSquint

Can't Stomp Us Out
    Dec 6, 2007
    Frederick
    Damnit now I can't sleep. I'm going to print all this out and post it on the bulletin board at the CFGPA in Myersville, I'll put it up at the Lions, Eagles and Moose Lodge in Brunswick too if they'll let me. I'm sure the guys at the Monocacy Pistol club and Tuscarora will be pissed about it too. Would a petition be useful? I'm not sure if a lot of these guys would write letters though.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hearing set for February 26th at 1pm.

R2.0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2008
    They can't be stupid enough to believe this will do anything to reduce crime! But then again this is Maryland.

No, the politicians are not that stupid. Their constituents are.

Why? Because those same politicians have done everything in their power to make the Baltimore and PG County schools some of the worst in the nation.

Why? Because an uneducated electorate is less likely to look at campaign promises critically and more likely to go with voting based on emotion rather than reason. This ensures these politicians constant reelection.

Why? So those politicians can stay in the state house and collect bribes, perks, and graft.

epc3762

Dec 30, 2007
    Forest Hill, Maryland
    No, the politicians are not that stupid. Their constituents are.

Why? Because those same politicians have done everything in their power to make the Baltimore and PG County schools some of the worst in the nation.

Why? Because an uneducated electorate is less likely to look at campaign promises critically and more likely to go with voting based on emotion rather than reason. This ensures these politicians constant reelection.

Why? So those politicians can stay in the state house and collect bribes, perks, and graft.
    :clap:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I knew these chuckleheads didn't think of this one on their own.

Bullet Serialization Bill to Be Heard in Hawaii House Judiciary Committee!

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=3413
    I smell a rat. It seems like they are trying to get a similar legislation passed in a bunch of states in hopes of the manufacturers having to comply nationally or lose a bunch of sales.
    I detect an organized, multi state effort here. I wonder which fervent anti gun group is behind this one?

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    My letter....comments appreciated:

The Honorable Communist Sympathizer
    1 Red Square
    Annapolis, MD 21401

Delegate Lenin:

I am writing to you to express my outrage and profound opposition to HB517, The Ammunition Tax and Encoding bill recently introduced before the House Ways and Means Committee.

This bill, summarily defeated during the 2007 General Assembly, is nothing more than a subversive attempt by the sponsors of the bill to circumvent the will of the citizens of Maryland and impose a de facto gun ban. The Draconian measures enumerated by the bill would render the law-abiding citizens of Maryland incapable of affording ammunition assuming that any manufacturer in the world would be able or willing to comply with the bill’s specifications.

As you know, the sponsors of the bill propose a $.05 per cartridge tax on all ammunition capable of being used in a regulated firearm. This would include nearly every cartridge used in every sporting firearm manufactured in the world. This onerous tax would impose a $25 tax on a “brick” of five hundred rounds of .22lr ammunition typically used for recreational target shooting. This $25 tax represents 200% of the cost of ammunition itself which currently is running around $12.50 per brick.

Aside from the punitive level of taxation proposed by the sponsors, the encoding requirements alone are enough to price ammunition out of the reach of Maryland’s citizens. There is not a single ammunition manufacturer in the world that has the capability to serialize individual cartridges, pack them in similarly serialized boxes and then record the sale of those individual boxes to distributors and retailers. Furthermore it places an undue burden on retailers to have to maintain records of their sales to those citizens that have already passed a substantial criminal background check in order to even purchase their firearms.

Moving beyond the obvious financial burden this places on all aspects of the shooting community, there are the legal issues involved. A savvy criminal, aware of the process with which ammunition is sold under the auspices of this bill, would simply proceed to the nearest shooting facility and help himself to a handful of fired shell cases. Since these shell casings are registered to a single individual who purchased their ammunition in accordance with the bill the criminal would be free to spread the fired shell casings around a crime scene, thus deflecting reasonable suspicion to a law-abiding gun owner and citizen who did nothing more than follow the law and then leave his fired shell cases amongst the thousands of other cases at the shooting faciltity.

Delegate, the state of Maryland already has the IBIS ballistic fingerprinting system that requires that all handguns sold in the state contain a fired case that is to be entered into a database and maintained by the Maryland State Police. These cases are already tied to an individual firearm that is, of course, registered to the owner of that firearm. If we already have a system of shell case identification in place what motivation could there possibly be to enact HB517 other than to makes its requirements so stringent and expensive so as to become, as I said, a de facto gun ban?

I strongly oppose this bill in any form and urge you to give it an unfavorable report.

Respectfully,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom