• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I've sent out relevent info to the powers that be @ AAF&G...hopefully we can get the fudds in the trap/skeet trailer off their backsides for this one since it hits their 12g shotgun shells too!

Amen.

You should have seen the looks on the people fondling the $5000 shotguns at Bart's when I explained that this bill would essentially end their sport in this state.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Amen.

You should have seen the looks on the people fondling the $5000 shotguns at Bart's when I explained that this bill would essentially end their sport in this state.

Unfortunately I know what it looks like....momentary shock/horror followed by serene calm as the total utter denial sets in....usually followed up several months after the legislative season with outrage as to why no one told them about the bill so they could fight it when they had a chance before it became law.......

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Here's a question I am curious about. Would this effect Non-resident hunters who come to MD to hunt? If so we should see about getting in contact with as many sportsmans associations out of the state as well especially PA.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Here's a question I am curious about. Would this effect Non-resident hunters who come to MD to hunt? If so we should see about getting in contact with as many sportsmans associations out of the state as well especially PA.

Another good point considered the # of duck and goose guides down on the eastern shore.... You could say how we're going to lose that source of tourism revenue

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Help is here...

House Ways and Means mailing list in MSExcel Spreadsheet. (Easy to import into MSWord Mail Merge, ask if you need help)

Let me know if it has any errors.

-Boxcab

EDIT Feb 1,2008: I moved the mail list for the Ways and Means Committee file to the Mail Merge Thread { http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=4278 }just to keep everything together.

Last edited:

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    this one says only ammo for regulated firearms must be encoded so shotguns and hunters are probably safe... not that the tax isn't obscene and the motives aren't dubious. If it passes I imagine a lot of people buying pistol ammo for "carbines" and .223 for varmint bolt guns.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    this one says only ammo for regulated firearms must be encoded so shotguns and hunters are probably safe... not that the tax isn't obscene and the motives aren't dubious. If it passes I imagine a lot of people buying pistol ammo for "carbines" and .223 for varmint bolt guns.

Isn't the SPAS 12 listed as a regulated firearm? How about the StreetSweeper?

I don't have list right in front of me.....

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Saiga-12s are regulated in MD too, but they haven't specified if they will require all that can be used in a regulated firearm or all ammo intended to be used in a firearm.

its scary regardless.

looking forward to $40 bricks of .22lr!

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Saiga-12s are regulated in MD too, but they haven't specified if they will require all that can be used in a regulated firearm or all ammo intended to be used in a firearm.

If I recall correctly, last year's bill used the wording "capable of" in the text of the bill. I would presume that this year's will be no different since all they ever do is recycle their BS from year to year.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    House Ways and Means mailing list in MSExcel Spreadsheet. (Easy to import into MSWord Mail Merge, ask if you need help)

Let me know if it has any errors.

-Boxcab

Note: Change the .txt extension to .xls after you download it... until DD214 allows me to upload a file with an excel extension

You have a typo in the "E" column.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Of the 11 sponsors of the bill, all but 1 is from Baltimore City.

Interesting, that should work in our favor as far as talking points. I'll be sure to work that into the newsletter.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Interesting, that should work in our favor as far as talking points. I'll be sure to work that into the newsletter.

The one guy who isn't from Baltimore, is from PG, and his name is Jay Walker. I'm not making this up.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    The primary reason, (not being discussed), is to create the list, using regulated guns!
    Once this is done, the antis, will legislate to have your sporting firearms to be included on the that list.

The ASW bill had the same primary reason, “create the list!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    picked up another pack of stamps after work today. pricks.

these people who would trade freedom for security deserve neither (adaptation of ben franklin, who is one of my favorite men!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom