• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    This thread is for supporting the most pro- Second Amendment politicians in Maryland.

What do you know about those that are running, are they pro or against 2A?

I'll start on a positive note by strongly recommending a new candidate running for Delegate in District 32, Tim Walters:

http://waltersfor32.com/gun-control/

He's bold enough to say immediately : Tim will fight to repeal SB-281 “Firearm Safety Act of 2013″

Tim is much like myself in that he had almost given up on the political system and spent a few years as an Independent, but felt a calling to try to make a difference and turn this state around.

He is doing what many of us only dream about doing; against almost impossible odds. Tim served his country in the Navy, spending much of it as an Explosives Ordinance Technician (EOD), risking life and limb; having close calls while parachuting and in actual combat. He's a fighter, exactly the kind of man we have been hoping and praying would come along.

Tim at the range:
    tim-walters-maryland-district-32-gun-300x143.jpg

I urge you to learn more about Tim and get involved in helping his campaign.

--------

Upcoming event with Tim and our future Governor Larry Hogan: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/family...rry-hogan-and-tim-walters-tickets-12479613861

Last edited:

s34n

Feb 4, 2013
    Too bad he doesn't want to give free shit to people who do not want to contribute to society, seems that's the only way to win an election in this state.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just received this email from Larry Barber, candidate for State Senate in D32...

Since I am not in contact with you by Facebook I am sending this email. I am having
    a fundraising dinner/show on Sunday, 17 August 2014 from 2 - 6 PM. It will be at the
    La Fontaigne Bleue restaurant at 7514 So Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD.

Tickets are $50 per person, but does include a comedy show. You can either send
    a check to "Friends of Larry Barber" at 7889 Poplar Grove Rd, Severn, MD 21144
    or buy a ticket at the door.

Please consider this an invitation to join with us for some quality time and to support
    my efforts to help us all by way of the MD State Senate.

Larry is a veteran, and a strong 2A supporter. His love is old military guns.

More info for Larry can be found at http://www.barberlistens.com/

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    What do folks know about Allan Kittleman? He had some folks campaigning for him last night at the HoCo fair, and it looks like he's leading.

I just looked him up VoteSmart, and it looks like he voted against SB281.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    District 42

My personal goal for this election cycle is to send a particular Senator home from Annapolis. Jim Brochin did us one in the back with his actions on the FSA2013. If we can't get rid of him, we might as well go home.

His opponent in November will be Tim Robinson. Tim is a physician, a husband and father, and a NRA member who truly understands the meaning of the Second Amendment. He has my full support and I hope he will have yours.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I agree with Tim Walters. With us loosing Dwyer, Smigiel, and Jacobs retiring we need someone who can provide leadership and truly fight attacks on our rights. Tim will definitely be that leader. We should all show him our support. He is also in a very winnable district, he just needs that little bit to get over the hump.

mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    Dwyer is in my district. It is sad that he lost. I voted for him for last few elections due to his boat DUI. Let me know I am voting for Hogan for governor but need who is best for 2A at other elections.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    District 31A Terry Lynn DeGraw

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Citizens-for-Terry-Lynn-DeGraw/715191395160094

She is the MD State leader for The Well Armed Woman. She was asked to run based on her opposition to SB281. She is a NRA life member and recently was a contestant on Ammo and Attitude, a shooting/outdoorsman competition that is airing in November on the Pursuit Channel.

https://www.facebook.com/AmmoAndAttitude

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Well-Armed-Woman-Central-Maryland-Chapter/1429474193938077

We had 3 republicans in District 31. (Dwyer, Schuh, Kipke) The dems carved 31 into A and B to gain another seat in the house. 31B now has 2 seats (Kipke and Simonaire running) while the newly formed 31A has no incumbent and has a over a 2 to 1 ratio of D to R.

This is a fight that we conservatives need to win badly. This is a statewide issue and it doesn't matter if you don't live in her district. We need to support her!

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    What do folks know about Allan Kittleman? He had some folks campaigning for him last night at the HoCo fair, and it looks like he's leading.

I just looked him up VoteSmart, and it looks like he voted against SB281.

Alan Kittleman has been my Senator for many years. He did vote against SB281, but having "dealt" with him for a good while, I think he knew it wasn't going to make a difference. I really think he could have been more of a force in trying for the filibuster.

With other conservative issues that I have dealt with him on (Sunday hunting, fighting redistricting, and some more local issues), he was kind of an "empty suit", and I made much more progress with my Delegates instead (or in spite of?). He has supported progressive legislation, to the surprise of many conservatives here in southern Carroll and western Howard.

All that said, I am going to say a vote for him is more of a "devil you know" type of thing, especially since Watson being a Howard Co. Democrat is scary enough in itself. Also, if it is any kind of measuring stick, Watson is endorsed by Mikulski, Cummings, and numerous Howard county unions. If I had a vote for Ho.Co. Exec, it would most definitely be for Alan Kittleman. However, I am glad to see him go as Senator of my new district.(Now if we could just get rid of Van Hollen, that would rock)

Gail Bates is going to make a much better Senator for 9A, in my opinion. She is extremely pro 2A and conservative. She is very accessible, has a great knowledge of the budget, and is for fiscal and personal responsibility AND accountability.

Sorry for the long winded response.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    The best and strongest pro 2A candidate in 29B is Deb Rey. Her opponent (incumbent John Bohanan) says he is a supporter of the 2nd but his voting record on the amendments on SB281 say differently. He is also not well rated by the NRA. After meeting with him on several occasions, I was not impressed with his lack of knowledge and having no position on the Bill until much pressure from his District had been applied. Yes he voted against the bill during the final vote but did not make any viable effort to try to kill the Bill. He is also a strong tax and spend advocate who votes for every tax and/or fee increase the O'Money machine can dream up.

I would also recommend that Matt Morgan in 29A, and Tony O'Donnell in 29C are the best pro 2A choices in those Districts.

Last edited:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The best and strongest pro 2A candidate in 29B is Deb Rey. Her opponent (incumbent John Bohanan) says he is a supporter of the 2nd but his voting record on the amendments on SB281 say differently. He is also not well rated by the NRA. After meeting with him on several occasions, I was not impressed with his lack of knowledge and having no position on the Bill until much pressure from his District had been applied. Yes he voted against the bill during the final vote but did not make any viable effort to try to kill the Bill. He is also a strong tax and spend advocate who votes for every tax and/or fee increase the O'Money machine can dream up.

I would also recommend the Matt Morgan in 29A, and Tony O'Donnell in 29C are the best pro 2A choices in those Districts.

Tony is my rep and he and i took our kids thru hunter safety together. he is a good guy that we NEED in there. pro 2a all the way.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Fundraiser

Mousetom78,

I am having a fundraiser on 20 Aug and Larry Hogan is the guest speaker. Little things like supporting these can make all the difference. Plus anyone can fill out a survey. Please come out and talk with the politicians that will show up and look them in them in the eye when you ask your questions.

I have attached the flyer for your review. Please consider this event as these are key actions for the active 2A defenders to win.

Please reach out to me if you have any questions. If you live in Don's District you are now down to Megan Simonaire and Nic Kipke. Both will help protect our rights.

If you also want to help me as we are neighbors in Anne Arundel County contact me and we can talk. I have met several people on here and I love the opportunity to talk the issues AND learn from the voters.

Thanks for your consideration.

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Dwyer is in my district. It is sad that he lost. I voted for him for last few elections due to his boat DUI. Let me know I am voting for Hogan for governor but need who is best for 2A at other elections.

Attachments

• Walters_Hogan event, aug 20, 2014.pdf
      390.1 KB · Views: 111

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Degraw Support

Daggo66 is right. Redistricting was a purely partisan action. This is the worst sort of protectionism. For the record I would condemn anyone for doing districts and precincts this way. But we live in a one party state that has led us to the brink of ruin.

We have the opportunity to send a powerful message and elect Terry not another proponent for the things we are trying to change from. Help Terry and send that message. Use the same zeal that was shown in Annapolis last year and let the General Assembly know this is not OK to behave this way. Over 1,300 people showed up in opposition of and only 13 for SB 281. Let them know you will not tolerate being marginalized.

Vote for Terry Degraw!

Tim Walters
    waltersfor32.com

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters

District 31A Terry Lynn DeGraw

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Citizens-for-Terry-Lynn-DeGraw/715191395160094

She is the MD State leader for The Well Armed Woman. She was asked to run based on her opposition to SB281. She is a NRA life member and recently was a contestant on Ammo and Attitude, a shooting/outdoorsman competition that is airing in November on the Pursuit Channel.

https://www.facebook.com/AmmoAndAttitude

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Well-Armed-Woman-Central-Maryland-Chapter/1429474193938077

We had 3 republicans in District 31. (Dwyer, Schuh, Kipke) The dems carved 31 into A and B to gain another seat in the house. 31B now has 2 seats (Kipke and Simonaire running) while the newly formed 31A has no incumbent and has a over a 2 to 1 ratio of D to R.

This is a fight that we conservatives need to win badly. This is a statewide issue and it doesn't matter if you don't live in her district. We need to support her!

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Support

Thanks Hodgepodge for your support. I will not let you down.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, ideas or solutions you want to discuss.

Tim Walters
    waltersfor32.com

Citizens for Tim Walters

I'll be voting for Cathy Vitale.

I'll be sending checks to her and Tim W. as circumstances allow.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Bumping this up.

We really need to encourage all our members and all our friends and family to become involved this election, and help out the candidates who really do have our interests in mind.

Also...

The Hogan campaign keeps dropping off signs in front of my house. I currently have 2 to give.

Just PM telling me you're either volunteering for--or donating to--ANY Pro-2A candidate, and one of them is yours!

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Bumping this up.

We really need to encourage all our members and all our friends and family to become involved this election, and help out the candidates who really do have our interests in mind.

Also...

The Hogan campaign keeps dropping off signs in front of my house. I currently have 2 to give.

Just PM telling me you're either volunteering for--or donating to--ANY Pro-2A candidate, and one of them is yours!

Getting involved is absolutely key this year. For the first time in my life, I am working with my local candidate to push him to become my delegate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom