Does Westminster mayor have authority to confiscate guns in an emergency?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Agree with everything you say here but my issue is how this country allows these people in local, state, federal government to apply laws, rules or actions despite knowing the Bill of Rights tells them what they cannot do and they do it anyway knowing they have implied immunity. It’s incumbent on the average citizen to risk everything they have in legal costs to stand their ground. This creates a situation where those without the means are powerless against the powerful under the guise of Freedom and Liberty for all while those who have the means can deploy legal counsel to fight the legality of political/legal bullying.

Immunity needs to be addressed to create equilibrium. Policymakers need to be held accountable. Blatant affronts to the Bill of Rights need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
    They are not immune from being replaced by legislators and executives that don’t act like that. The problem isn’t the willfully unconstitutional politicians, it’s the people who put them in office and keep them there despite having all the power they need to make them go away. They get voted for because a huge portion of the population are, frankly, non-critical-thinking morons who fall for their lies out of ignorance and laziness. Then that gets baked into a multi-generational culture of voting that way because That’s What We Do Here In Chicago (or wherever).

Yes, the establishment types, particularly on the left, are responsible for egging along the ignorance, magical thinking, laziness and the rest through their unified application of cultural and administrative power throughout K-PhD, info/tainment media, and ever-more-lefty cultural institituions (including woke churches, etc). But it only works because people are lazy dumbasses and want free sh!t, or have become convinced that being an intersectional victim on social media is the only real currency in life.

We are watching a lot of people waking up to this. It took the ongoing travails of this non-establishment bull in a China shop populist caricature of himself for a lot of people to notice it. Fine. Whatever it takes. Wake the F up.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Reading the first page of this thread has me hoping I can just endure another 13 years in this county. Youngest starts kindergarten in a week. Once she is done with grade school, we will probably be done with this state.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Government authority always comes from the barrel of a gun.
    Sometimes this is done with the consent of the governed.

Sometimes that consent is informed; sometimes coerced; sometimes obtained by trickery.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Not to derail my own thread, but Sykesville seems to ban concealed carry with no mention of permits. That will be interesting come 1 Oct.

View attachment 428169
    If found guilty it is a misdemeanor and $1000 fine.

I think it would behoove everyone to become familiar with MSI's site.

Not true. I spoke to the Chief just now. He goes to the meetings and it has never been discussed. The Mayor doesn't have a majority to do this.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Not true. I spoke to the Chief just now. He goes to the meetings and it has never been discussed. The Mayor doesn't have a majority to do this.
    Not true as in they wouldn't actually do it or not true as in the law does not exist? If the law doesn't exist MSI needs to rethink their references. And yes, I AM ignoring COTUS/Bruen/SB-whatever from this year. Regardless:

CMC
    EBMD
    WWNC
    yada yada

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Not true as in they wouldn't actually do it or not true as in the law does not exist? If the law doesn't exist MSI needs to rethink their references. And yes, I AM ignoring COTUS/Bruen/SB-whatever from this year. Regardless:

CMC
    EBMD
    WWNC
    yada yada
    The law does not exist.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Here is the Mayor of Westminster
    Document

From her bio......"Dr. Mona Becker has been a resident of downtown Westminster, along with her wife, since moving to the city in 2003" I guess she and her wife will be coming for your guns!
    I fear this liberal being elected Mayor of Westminster is the beginning of the end for the Conservative stronghold of Carroll County.
    Could be related to this guy
    iu

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom