• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    If a local restaurant served them, I would try them. Fried fish is one of my favorite foods.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Someone I know is involved with one of those tourneys over to Sharptown.
    There were all kinds put over there today.
    When I went by in the morning and then on the way to Riverton this afternoon.
    DNR is in there all the time, so be right and dont worry or dont care and they'll write for sure.
    Otherwise top tier catfishing and big ones are not uncommon.
    Its a decent place to put over but only one ramp and its tight the way its set up but plenty of parking.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    beware of some places serving fish. They will tell you it is something good and what you get is some turd fish like the tilapia or tile fish. The average person won't know what they are even eating.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We see Blue Catfish regularly at Geresbeck's in Pasadena (locations in Sun Valley and Essex, too).

We've been tempted to try it, but I'm not a huge fish fan. Maybe if I can get a recipe that suits my chicken-shit palate ;)
    Catfish is meant to be fried. It is a firmish flaky whit flesh. It's delish!

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    We see Blue Catfish regularly at Geresbeck's in Pasadena (locations in Sun Valley and Essex, too).

We've been tempted to try it, but I'm not a huge fish fan. Maybe if I can get a recipe that suits my chicken-shit palate ;)
    Fried Catfish with Hush Puppies will convince you what you've been missing

Giant has featured Local Blue Catsfish in their Seafood case as well.

Maybe we can have a MDS Catfish Fry?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Fried catfish and hush puppies is just about as good as food gets. I lived on that when I was in Huntsville.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Do blue catfish have to be skinned? It has been a VERY long time since I caught catfish.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Do blue catfish have to be skinned? It has been a VERY long time since I caught catfish.
    No, but I think it really depends on whose preparing them and how they're going to do that.
    We just filet, slather with mayo and bake then serve with julienne green beans. Parsley, Bay leaves and a dash of OB.
    Poor man's stuffed rockfish. Maybe Au grautin spuds or some other sides.
    Channel cat is even better.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Fried catfish and hush puppies is just about as good as food gets. I lived on that when I was in Huntsville.
    When I was in UCLA (Upper Corner of Lower Alabama), the local seafood restaurants would do Fried Buffets of Catfish, Gator, Frog Legs, Soft Crabs, Oysters and Shrimp and if it wasn't Lent, Chicken and Rabbit along with Fries, Hush Puppies and Coleslaw

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I just filet them normal. Used to skin them but it's a major PITA with little benefit. Cut down one side, flop filet over then run the knife down to remove the skin. Done.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Re. Snakehead comments, I got to try blackened Snakehead last year at Monocacy Crossing in Frederick and it was very good, an instant seafood favorite. I wish I could find it at more places. The waitress did mention that people seemed hesitant to try it because of the name but it really was delicious. It was a special so probably can’t even get it there now.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom