• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Not sure the need for a DINO movement in SMC, unless of course you want to DINO at the state level primaries. Republicans became the majority party last year and I hope it stays that way. If we can unseat Bohanon and get Morgan elected it will be a good year.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Yea I'll take that Puff grading with a grain of salt. I don't feel too good electing a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Matt Morgan - 29A:
    Don't fall for that bucket of smoke that "PUFF is a true conservative" and that "the Democrat party moved away from me". BS! He is a phony that the DEMs have put-out (and strongly funded) to distract ill-informed conservative voters.
    That ploy worked well for the DEMs in the most recent VA governor's race where they put-up a fake Libertarian to draw just enough votes away from the Republican candidate -- that enabled the Clinton-era sleazebag Tony McAuliffee to squeak out a win.:sad20:
    Don't let that same tactic win here.

Regarding Puff's "Keep Waldorf in Waldorf" slogan, note that Matt Morgan came close to winning the last time around and scared the Dems. They then purposefully changed the district via DEM-controlled redistricting which forced him to move South. Now they're attacking him for moving.:mad54:
    See Matt's campaign page here.

Deb Rey - 29B:
    Deb is perhaps our best chance for a conservative win in southern Maryland this time around.:D
    JohnB was scared by a VERY close race the last time around. To give him further protection, the DEM-controlled redistricting re-shaped his district, giving Tony O'Donnell(R) some of the most conservative areas of 29B while leaving JohnB's house in a little protruberant wart on the very North of the district.
    Deb Rey is a STRONG conservative candidate, USAF veteran, wife and mother. She stood firmly with us :party29:when we protested against SB281 when JohnB would give us little more than lip-service.
    See her website here.

Last edited:

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Matt Morgan - 29A:
    Don't fall for that bucket of smoke that "PUFF is a true conservative" and that "the Democrat party moved away from me". BS! He is a phony that the DEMs have put-out (and strongly funded) to distract ill-informed conservative voters.
    That ploy worked well for the DEMs in the most recent VA governor's race where they put-up a fake Libertarian to draw just enough votes away from the Republican candidate -- that enabled the Clinton-era sleazebag Tony McAuliffee to squeak out a win.:sad20:

Regarding Puff's "Keep Waldorf in Waldorf" slogan, note that Matt Morgan came close to winning the last time around and scared the Dems. They then purposefully changed the district via DEM-controlled redistricting which forced him to move South. Now they're attacking him for moving.:mad54:
    See Matt's campaign page here.

When is Matt going to start campaigning? "Puff" has signs all over the place and I think I've only seen 1 or 2 for Matt.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Last week I was working in my garden and Matt Morgan stopped by to chat. First time I've met him but seemed like a good guy. We talked 10-15 minutes, mostly about firearm issues but other things as well. NRA and MSI member. Does not hunt but is mostly a handgun guy from what I could tell. Seemed knowledgeable about ARs. I'm strongly leaning toward supporting him. As a lifelong DINO I can't help him in the primary. :sad20: I told him that he was getting some good press on MDShooters.

I've talked to Roy a couple of times. I do a firearm demonstration at the 'Veterans of Helen' the last couple of years. Last year, Roy was telling me about getting him FL carry permit in a class while on vacation down there. I believe he's the real deal on firearms. I just wish he'd change parties.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Matt Morgan - 29A:

The Dems have done the same as DINO's ref this page http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=152227
    Lets not fall for it down here. Puff has signs all over the place compared to everyone else. Is there a reason?

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    Anybody know if Dyson sponsored any Pro-2A bills?

Edit: found one! It is about training rifle shooters to hunt deer
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?id=SB0966&stab=01&pid=billpage&tab=subject3&ys=2014RS

IIRC, Dyson voted FOR cloture to bring SB281 to the Senate floor and then AGAINST SB281. Not sure if he was looking for political cover or if he was truthful in saying the bill deserved to be debated in the full Senate. Wish he'd voted AGAINST cloture to let it die on the vine.

Regardless, watch out for politicians thinking they can have it both ways, creating political cover by voting bills out of committee, knowing there's plenty of their party's votes FOR so they can vote AGAINST and claim that stance to their constituents during their next campaign! Those politicians need a good :smack:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    IIRC, Dyson voted FOR cloture to bring SB281 to the Senate floor and then AGAINST SB281. Not sure if he was looking for political cover or if he was truthful in saying the bill deserved to be debated in the full Senate. Wish he'd voted AGAINST cloture to let it die on the vine.

Regardless, watch out for politicians thinking they can have it both ways, creating political cover by voting bills out of committee, knowing there's plenty of their party's votes FOR so they can vote AGAINST and claim that stance to their constituents during their next campaign! Those politicians need a good :smack:

i thought roy voted right and i am sure mac middleton voted that way. someone correct me if i am wrong so i will know for sure.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012

Agreed that votes on amendments sometimes do not match the final vote! However, for Dyson on Cloture, the source I have shows he voted against Cloture. See below, and let me know if you think that site is inaccurate or if I am not looking at the correct vote

i thought roy voted right and i am sure mac middleton voted that way. someone correct me if i am wrong so i will know for sure.

Per MD's web site, Dyson voted against Cloture - http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...b=subject3&id=SB0281,s-0375&stab=02&ys=2013rs

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    You remember wrong. The last time you posted this I told you that you were wrong and gave you the link to the vote. Like I said before, Dyson has voted the wrong way on some issues but cloture and SB281 weren't them. Please stop posting wrong info.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Deb Rey hasn't said anything of substance. Sure she's for the 2A. Aren't they all.

"I want to be your voice" - Doesn't tell me anything

"I am volunteering to be your voice in Annapolis." -no you're not. You're getting paid. What is her current job?

"I will fight to lower taxes and fees, and will oppose any new taxes or fees proposed. I will work to cut programs to reduce the size of government and the stranglehold it has on our lives." - Be specific. What taxes to be cut. What programs to be cut?

"I will fight for your right to pursue liberty. After all, liberty is the freedom to choose your own course and not have it defined for you." - Nothing to see here.

"long-term vision of eliminating all current income and property taxes and funding all levels of government with a sales tax instead." Isn't going to happen.

"This sales tax would be set at a rate that would drastically reduce every American’s tax burden. Further" - If possible, it would be astronomical to offset the taxes not paid (income, property, and capital gains) from the wealthiest.

"I proposed turning our current tax structure upside down and keeping the vast majority of our tax money at the local and state level instead of sending it to the federal government." - Again - it's red meat. Need specifics.

"Pushing government spending down to the state and local levels puts the money in the hands of the people who are best positioned to spend it wisely." - Not sure this is true. But I could be convinced otherwise. DO you really want our county commissioners setting all the requirements. Look at schools in St. Mary's County. Grossly underfunded and the county has 50 million in reserve.

"How do we accomplish this vision? First, we elect representatives to all levels of government who believe we need to lower taxes and stop re-electing those who constantly increase our taxes. Second, these leaders need to examine every government program and cut anything that isn’t vitally important or a constitutional mandate." - agree with this, but it doesn't state how.

"Third, we need to push every government service or program down to the lowest level possible." Really. This is nonsense. Maybe she would like our county commissioners to regulate her Air Force pension.

"Fight for adequate funding to improve the sources of congestion in St. Mary’s County" - so she wants projects to improve roads in St. Mary's County and Southern Maryland, but she states she wants to reduce taxes. You can't get roads for free.

Much of her platform is contradictory. For example in general terms - wants more oversight, but wants to reduce costs. Who is going to do the oversight. Jackie Russell and Larry Jarboe?

"Repeal the rain tax and develop alternative solutions that balance the need to protect the bay with the need to reduce Marylanders’ tax burden" - contradictory. Maybe the solution would be to back out the storm water drainage requirements. Or Maybe get the Conowingo damn polluters in other states to pay the bill. This is complicated.

My opinion of her isn't that much different than any politician. Wanting more and paying less isn't smart economics.

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Deb Rey hasn't said anything of substance. Sure she's for the 2A. Aren't they all.

<SNIP>

My opinion of her isn't that much different than any politician. Wanting more and paying less isn't smart economics.

I couldn't disagree more with you statements. go to her website she her stances laid out there.

Deb Rey

Deb Rey is for Marylander's she is against these High Taxes that the DNC has brought us.

She is for the repeal of the multiple Gas Taxes imposed during Johns rein

She is for repeal of this ridiculous Rain tax.

Who do you thing John Bohanan supported in the last Gubernatorial election? Do you believe he opposed o'Malley who imposed FSA2013 on us? How about all the 2A amendments he failed to support on SB281? Did you know that he works as an aide for Steny Hoyer Mr F- NRA rated gun control fanatic?

What about this election, is he pro- Brown? Of course he can't say no to the party.

I have met Deb Rey she is great people, go to her site, see where she stands. Plus she has a nice shotgun raffle going on there for a Beretta A400. Pretty nice auto 12ga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom