• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gzahari

May 25, 2012
    Harford County
    Congratulations to the OP:
    I just received my confirmation email I mailed my application in on 06/18/2012:
    Michael W Cusimano (State Police)
    Your application was Not Disapproved, you may begin to purchases as a collector. Letters will be mailed as soon as time allows.

Thanks to all the helpful people here at the forum that helped me accomplish this goal. Odd me feeling so good about what I feel was a right taken away from me to begin with.

I got an email saying they were about caught up on paperwork. And to look for a letter in the mail... what the hell!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I just got my Designated Collector letter yesterday; about a month and a half after sending in the app. I sent in my C&R at the same time but haven't seen anything yet. Nothing else came with the DC letter other than just that. I guess we are suppossed to hold onto it for our records, but there's nothing else? Like a permit thing we're suppossed to carry?

What I posted was all the email said. From what I understand from reading here in the forum. maryland using the wording of "Not Disapproved" is just saying I was approved by the great state of maryland (insert sarcasm here) by using that sort of wording maryland doesn't come right out and say they approve of it, just that I wasn't turned down. I blame the word trickery on maryland liberal flip flopping...lol.

Edit:My letter came in the mail yesterday 08/03/2012 saying that I am approved.

Is this just the verbage in the email? My letter says your request to be a dc was APPROVED

Last edited:

seankar

Jan 22, 2012
    Millsboro, DE
    Question,how many guns does one need to be a designated collector?
    You only NEED one BUT if you get your collector status and your C & R license you want many, many, many. However Maryland prefers that you have compleated at least two regulated purchases so they can save their cost of doing their research

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I'm sure what a C and R is.Sorry for not knowing.

C&R is Curio and Relic. You can apply for a C&R FFL and cut out your local FFL dealer to buy guns that are on the Federal C&R list; which is a lot more than you may think. There is a C&R forum under The Arsenal on this Forum's index page; that can help you get started. :)

SammyB

Jan 2, 2012
    Andrews AFB
    Yup, got mine too! Sent my App in via email on June 18th and recieved the letter of approval on July 30th. I thought that was a pretty quick turn around.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Likewise--mid-to-late July. How long do these things usually take? About 6 weeks? Since MSP isn't gonna be processing a million CCW permits for at least a few more weeks, maybe they'll be able to get to these.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I just got my Designated Collector letter yesterday; about a month and a half after sending in the app. I sent in my C&R at the same time but haven't seen anything yet. Nothing else came with the DC letter other than just that. I guess we are suppossed to hold onto it for our records, but there's nothing else? Like a permit thing we're suppossed to carry?

My C&R application took about 2 months before I received the license, IIRC.

You only NEED one BUT if you get your collector status and your C & R license you want many, many, many. However Maryland prefers that you have compleated at least two regulated purchases so they can save their cost of doing their research
    I have zero firearms currently, have never purchased a "regulated firearm" in MD, and received my collector status letter from MD with no issues.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Is this just the verbage in the email? My letter says your request to be a dc was APPROVED

MD does not approve applications nor do they approve gun sales.

You are either disapproved or not disapproved.

Blame it on Annapolis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom