• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm good friends with Dega, was 6D now CI. Cypher, did you get to the updates to the course outline you mentioned?

GREAT DUDE!! Him and I were in the same unit "sorta" before he went back to CSS.

He used out office when I was in street crimes

Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    GREAT DUDE!! Him and I were in the same unit "sorta" before he went back to CSS.

He used out office when I was in street crimes

His beard is getting longer and he's getting grumpier.

I was getting he and Jaime all trained up to work with me as instructors but MPD won't let them play. Carew was interested too but he's all domesticated now.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    His beard is getting longer and he's getting grumpier.

I was getting he and Jaime all trained up to work with me as instructors but MPD won't let them play. Carew was interested too but he's all domesticated now.

I've only met his wife a few times even though we both know what she does. I've literally only taken 4 car accident reports in my entire 7 years (I hate them) and I only took 1 out of respect for Degas police time on and military time. He cracks me up!!

If that beard gets any longer he's going to have to tuck it in his shirt.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Update:

The MPD denied my DC CCL Instructor application due to, "Training Syllabus Incomplete".

Of course, I had to call to find this out, then they emailed me a copy of a letter dated a week ago saying only the "deficiencies must be corrected".

I asked for a copy of the letter itemizing the deficiencies, and was told that it was not available, but they could summarize the general areas over the phone.

In response, I have obtained and submitted a copy of a DC CCL Syllabus that has ALREADY been approved by the MPD. And... I have also submitted a DC FOIA request for the communication from the DC Training Division rejecting my first syllabus.

Based on what I submitted and how they responded, they either didn't receive or didn't read it, or perhaps they are not fully committed to "providing the highest quality of police service with integrity, compassion, and a commitment to innovation".

If they were, they would have simply published a basic, minimum training standard and saved MPD staff and taxpayers the time and expense of evaluating individual syllabi.

I will update as events unfold.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    it's all about the plan. they don't plan to issue permits, they plan to tie everything up in the courts. it's DC for goodness sakes!

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Per the MPD department overseeing this scheme, there are currently 2 approved instructors.

I'm hoping to hear back tomorrow. I will report as soon as anything changes.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I am still waiting for the MPD Training Academy officials to approve my syllabus so my DC CCL Instructor application can proceed.

Sources speculated my syllabus, already approved as submitted by another instructor, might be approved before Christmas.

As of today, there are 3 existing approved instructors;
    http://mpdc.dc.gov/node/929382

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom