• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Got my Larry Barber for Senate sign today and placed in my yard. I asked last night on Facebook and the sign was waiting for me when I got home this evening. We need people like Larry in the Senate who care.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Just had a good talk with Spencer Dove.

Interesting background, and an unusually varied set of endorsements... but he seems to be saying good things (particularly about 2A). He's also been working with Shannon to clarify his 'questionnaire', and ended up with an AQ if I heard him correctly.

Mr H

just had a wonderful talk with Tim...might have been more than an hour

He will be someone who will not be shy about doing what he believes is the right thing, and I found him to be forthright about his positions and ideas.

I encourage anyone who can take the time to engage as many candidates as possible, learn what makes them tick, and be able to make some well-considered choices in the primaries, regardless of your affiliation.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Early voting

All - Early voting starts next week, 12-19 June and the hours are 10Am - * PM. Please refer to the link below for locations;

http://www.elections.state.md.us/voting/early_voting_sites.html#annearundel

Tim Walters
    443-848-6291
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Regarding the D32 run for house of delegates - Democrat Primary only...

I'm voting for Tonya, no others of the 3 votes allowed.

Beidle and Sophocleus are both incumbents, and although they have some decent views on some things, I'm generally voting against all incumbents (on the Democrat ticket).

I'm not a Republican if anyone is thinking that; I just noted that no Republican voted for SB281 last year, so they all get a pass this election. I'm a registered Democrat, now. Thousands of us have done this in order to shake things up.

I will say I have met Spencer Dove and spent some time with him at an event very much like this one:

He was very personable, seemed very open minded and honest. I specifically asked him his positions about guns, self-defense, etc. He essentially said he didn't know much about the issue, but would consider it. He did ask some follow up questions and seemed genuinely interested to know more about it. If he is elected, I think there is a chance he might listen to what we have to say.

Having said that, I'll probably still vote for a Republican in the General election; must say though, from what little I've read I think I'm liking Wyatt (D) over Walters (R). Honestly undecided at this point. Let's see who wins their primaries first.

Good info on this race:

Discussion about the Democrat primary:
    http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/...cle_719ed4ef-c8dd-5f8a-8953-bb5206b01900.html

Discussion about the Republican primary:
    http://m.capitalgazette.com/news/el...0098feccf.html?mode=jqm#.U5N2c3lAxSQ.facebook

Last edited:

Mr H

Wyatt is getting decent talk, though I've yet to speak with him or get a response. I am backing Dove in the Primary, but not sure about any other.

In case you may have missed it, I have spoken at length with Tim Walters, and will be backing him in the General.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Wyatt is getting decent talk, though I've yet to speak with him or get a response. I am backing Dove in the Primary, but not sure about any other.

In case you may have missed it, I have spoken at length with Tim Walters, and will be backing him in the General.

That helps thanks. Looks like Dove is getting support from the democrats (real democrats) that I know. I like what Dove said about not being for higher taxes. Seems well grounded. Looks like I can vote for up to three, so maybe I'll vote for Wyatt and Dove; maybe. :)

On your recommendation alone - Tim Walters for the general election.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Minuteman - I am available to meet with you to discuss this. I understand waiting until after the primary. But I would like a chance to discuss this and other issues with you.

Tim Walters
    waltersfor32.com

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters

Mr H

That helps thanks. Looks like Dove is getting support from the democrats (real democrats) that I know. I like what Dove said about not being for higher taxes. Seems well grounded. Looks like I can vote for up to three, so maybe I'll vote for Wyatt and Dove; maybe. :)

On your recommendation alone - Tim Walters for the general election.

oh, no you don't Bub!

I don't want that pressure!!

:D:D:D

Definitely talk to Tim... It will be time well invested.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Minuteman - I am available to meet with you to discuss this. I understand waiting until after the primary. But I would like a chance to discuss this and other issues with you.

Tim Walters
    waltersfor32.com

Citizens for Tim Walters

Sorry, I didn't make the connection that you are Tim Walters; I only skimmed this thread.

You just being on this forum tells me a lot. And if this was your actual response to this progressive questionnaire, I'd say we are in good company:
    http://progressivemaryland.org/endorsements/2014/del/2014Candidate-D32-Del-TimWalters.pdf

I realize it's short notice, but would you be available to speak at a local gun club meeting tomorrow around 8pm? Senator Nancy Jacobs is speaking to this group, and I might be able to convince the President of the club to give you a few minutes if you are interested? I just sent Charlie (our club President) an email and I Cc'ed your campaign email. Good luck!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Tim Walters said this about:
    Gun Control
    “Nothing we’re going to do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring gun deaths down to 1,000 a year from what it is now." - Joe Biden, U.S. Vice President, January, 2013

Gun control laws, such as SB-281 (the “Firearm Safety Act of 2013″), do not prevent mass shootings, reduce homicide rates or treat the mentally unstable. It’s simple – gun control legislation is about politics, not about protecting the citizens. Society reacts to the media portrayal of horrific, rare events such as Sandy Hook and politicians react to society to ‘show they’re doing something about it’.

To understand why it’s vitally important to defend your 2nd amendment rights, one needs to appreciate why our founders felt it so necessary to write in the first place. In the words of President George Washington, “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” Despite the perceived comforts of modern society in America, this is as true today as it was in 1776.

Instead of banning certain firearms (which are fundamentally no different than those that remain unbanned) and placing further burden on law-abiding citizens, we should offer real solutions for crime prevention, mental health care, and firearm safety.

Stop intellectual dishonesty and start to educate on the facts…

Firearms banned in SB-281 are functionally no different from unregulated long rifles, semi-automatic pistols or revolvers. In all cases, each time you pull the trigger, a single round is fired.

Features such as folding stocks and pistol grips are ergonomic characteristics and have nothing to do with the lethality of a firearm.
    A practiced shooter can fire 30 total rounds from a semi-automatic in a similar amount of time regardless of using one high-capacity magazine (30 rounds) or three 10-round magazines.

Increased firearm sales do not lead to increased firearm related homicides – in fact, firearm related homicides have decreased as firearm sales have increased.
    Tim will fight to repeal SB-281 “Firearm Safety Act of 2013″.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom