• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Good to meet you Tim, I'm in D32 also. Let us know what you need from us. I work in IT, and if I can help, I will definitely try. I've also lived in this area for a long time, so if you need some introductions, I might be able to assist.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Good to meet you Tim, I'm in D32 also. Let us know what you need from us. I work in IT, and if I can help, I will definitely try. I've also lived in this area for a long time, so if you need some introductions, I might be able to assist.

Thanks "dfens42". This is a team event and I need all the help I can get. Obviously donations are always welcome but in the end the objective is getting my name out there and getting the points across on what I stand for and what the District and the state needs. That help is priceless. "Citizens for Tim Walters" face book page is up and can be passed for information on a lot of it.

As always please contact me if you want to set up a meeting with friends, co-workers or other potential citizens interested in voting for me and defense of our rights.

Tim
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Let us know when you have your website up and where and how we can send donations. Or whatever else we can do to help.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited:

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    All,

My website is up and working. It will be optimized over the next couple of days but please check it out as I tweak it. Always open to comments. It will take donations with credit cards. Checks can be mailed to the following address;

725 S. Hammonds Ferry Rd
    Linthicum, MD 21090

Please place waltersfor32.com directly into you web browser and it will come up. It will not if you search for it since it is new.

I will also need support in getting my message out. That will be placed on the website shortly as well. Bottom line I am a constitutionalist and conservative. However, I know how to work hard decisions and can build collaboration. I have an extensive history of both in hard environments.

Tim Walters

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Make sure you really ramp up your social media presence. Use it for free advertising. Twitter and Facebook and Instagram, should be posting their multiple times daily we campaign and conservative related news. And get linked up with the other conservatives running in MD, like Dan Bongino and others.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Thanks. Check out my "Citizens for Tim Walters" Faccebook page. I also have a great picture on the banner of my regular Facebook page.

On a side note the annual AAGOP Lincoln Reagan Day Celebration event is April 15th. If anyone is interested in attending let me know. I just finished filling a table and if I get 10 people I can get $5 off the ticket price per person. Guest speaker is Reince Priebus (RNC Chairman). The event is at Michael's 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie and will have an open bar and hors d'oeuvres.

The Delegate candidates have been invited to speak at the Linthicum Shipley Improvement Association on the 10th at Lindale Middle School on Andover Rd in Linthicum. Could always use support for that event also. This will be the first event where Repubs and Dem candidates will be together. This is important as the two incumbents are from Linthicum and will most likely be there. Good turnout for us will send a message.

Thanks.
    Tim Walters

Mr H

Banana'd
    The Delegate candidates have been invited to speak at the Linthicum Shipley Improvement Association on the 10th at Lindale Middle School on Andover Rd in Linthicum. Could always use support for that event also. This will be the first event where Repubs and Dem candidates will be together. This is important as the two incumbents are from Linthicum and will most likely be there. Good turnout for us will send a message.

Thanks. Time???

Penciling it in now. Thanks.

Mr H

Banana'd
    OK... back to tending the fire...

Sending to all D candidates today:

I am a near-lifelong resident of Anne Arundel County, and Conservative Democrat.

As I am now a Grandfather, and looking toward my family's future, safety, and security, I would appreciate you taking the time to answer a few questions regarding your positions, in preparation for my decisions in the upcoming primary election.

1. Please summarize in a few sentences your position on the proper role of State Government under the US and Maryland Constitutions.

2. As a property owner, I am interested in your position on the so-called "Rain Tax", and why you feel it is/is not appropriate.

3. Do you support the Firearms Safety Act of 2013? Please provide an explanation of your position.

4. Do you believe Marylanders have a natural right to self-protection, and if so would that right include the carry of concealed firearms outside the home?

5. Will you support or oppose the planned referendum to repeal the "Fairness" bill (aka "Bathroom Bill"). Again, a brief explanation would be helpful.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Nice, let us know how they respond. Do you have a list of all the D candidates?

The OP contains all their information by way of a link to the Board of Elections pages (except Sophocleus, I had to use his legislative email, pulled from the MGS website).

5/8 3:30PM
    Beidle responded immediately, but is being evasive, refusing to put anything in writing (though offering to talk). She is distrustful of people changing her words and forwarding erroneous information.

Spencer Dove has said he'll respond this evening.

5/9 8:05AM

Dove gave a thorough response:
    As promised, here are my responses to your questions. First, and if I may, know that I am running to be your independent voice in Annapolis. While I may be a Democrat, I am running to be your Delegate first. Never will I be beholden to special interests or the Party. With my family's military background and the values I was raised with, my dedication is to serve District 32's 128,000 residents with honor, integrity, and pragmatism. Please keep me true to this pledge.

1. Please summarize in a few sentences your position on the proper role of State Government under the US and Maryland Constitutions.

The Constitution is the framework by which State Government should operate. I believe we need to operate within the parameters of the Constitution, and not stretch them. With a background as a Parliamentarian for many organizations, I agree with strict interpretation of governing document(s). If the General Assembly wishes to expand the role of State Government outside of the prescribed constitution, then we need to send that to the ballot for approval or rejection by the voters. I believe in our referendum system currently in place, and also support a "proposition" system whereby citizens can place questions on the ballot without needing the legislature and/or Governor to approve them first.

2. As a property owner, I am interested in your position on the so-called "Rain Tax", and why you feel it is/is not appropriate.

I have mixed feelings about the Stormwater Management Fee (a.k.a. "Rain Tax"). It has been a successful program in both Pennsylvania and Virginia for years now, and something supported by both states' taxpayers. I understand the need to restore the Bay, because it is the backbone of our State economy. Many friends of mine own property that need the Stormwater Management Fee in order to keep their communities and the estuary alive and habitable, and they support it - many of these friends live in Pasadena, for example. I don't like additional taxes and am campaigning against them. That being said, I support the law as passed on the State level because it requires the counties to come up with a local solution in order to fund the backlog of Stormwater Management Projects. However, that is also the State law's biggest deficiency - the counties do not have the complete flexibility they need to implement the fee as they see fit (for instance, some are talking about paying for the Fee with tax revenues prior to the Anne Arundel's increase on property taxes, thereby repealing the tax increase). I think the State law needs to be revisited and addressed in 2015 to make sure that Counties can truly handle this fee in the way they see is most appropriate, and in a manner that does so with the consent of the governed. That is the right thing to do.

3. Do you support the Firearms Safety Act of 2013? Please provide an explanation of your position.

I would have voted against the Firearms Safety Act of 2013 for a number of reasons. For the sake of brevity, I will point out three. First and foremost, I do not believe that the law accomplishes its goal of keeping firearms out of the hands of criminals. See, for example, this article in the Baltimore Sun (click here) that points out that more than 200 guns were sold to people who shouldn't have them, one of which was used in a crime (car jacking) according to State Police. Second, it did not address accessing mental health treatment when it is most needed, nor did it reduce the stigma associated with obtaining mental health treatment. Last, while there were merits to particular provisions of the bill, I do not support omnibus (multi-subject) bills.

4. Do you believe Marylanders have a natural right to self-protection, and if so would that right include the carry of concealed firearms outside the home?

All people have a natural right to self-protection. I believe that people should have the right to conceal and carry (or even open carry) under particular circumstances. As I am no expert on the issue, I will need to see legislation and how it is crafted before I can determine my support or opposition to it. Every person has the right to feel safe in our homes and communities, and to do so within the framework of the Second Amendment.

5. Will you support or oppose the planned referendum to repeal the "Fairness for all Marylanders" bill (aka "Bathroom Bill"). Again, a brief explanation would be helpful.

I will oppose a referendum on the "Fairness for All Marylanders Act". As a human being, a Christian, and a child of a military family, I believe that any form of discrimination is wrong and should not be tolerated in "The Free State". The transgender community has been subject to many abuses and acts of egregious violence, which necessitated this law in the first place. "The Bathroom Bill" is a deceptive name thought up by the opposition to strike fear in those that may be unfamiliar with the trans-community. The recent Baltimore Sun (click here) and Washington Post (click here) pieces sum up my beliefs perfectly. With respect to the dissenting concerns, sexual assaults and "men dressing up as women to take advantage of mothers and daughters" has never been realized in any State, County, or municipality across the United States with these protections, nor does the bill legalize sexual assault in any form or fashion. In Maryland, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Montgomery County, and Howard County have had these protections in place, and again the thought of a "man in a dress assaulting women" has not happened.

I really appreciate and am grateful for this opportunity to talk with you about these issues, and welcome all of your feedback/views. No law is perfect in Maryland. If given the honor to serve, I want to know your positions so that I can serve you and our communities right.

Thank you so much. Be sure to keep in touch, and know that I am here to listen to you and serve you and your family with dignity, honor, and respect. May you and your loved ones be well and blessed.

Sincerely,
    Spencer

Spencer Dove
    Democratic Candidate - Maryland State Delegate
    Anne Arundel County - Legislative District 32
    Spencer@DoveForDelegate.com
    www.DoveForDelegate.com
    www.facebook.com/DoveForDelegate
    www.twitter.com/DoveForDelegate

5/9 10:00AM

From Mark Chang:

Thank you for e-mailing me. I gave a lot of thought to your questions overnight and would like to respond.

I'm a lifelong Glen Burnie boy and will keep fighting for Glen Burnie, our district, and our state. During my time with county and state government, I always believed in being there for our residents with everything from the potholes to the streetlights to keeping our community safe. I love this community and will continue to fight for it.

1.) I believe government should be transparent and accountable to the residents. I always believe in open communication and resident input on legislation that affects them. Overall, I believe local and state government should keep communities safe, promote job creation and a vibrant economy, and improve the quality of life for residents on a daily basis. Everyday for the past 7.5 years, I woke up every morning looking for ways to partner with fellow residents in making our area better, and I'll continue the partnership of putting citizens first in all decisions made.

2.) I oppose the rain tax. I hear over and over again how the rain tax is a financial burden on families. We're still recovering from the recession, and I do not believe in additional financial constraints on residents. I also oppose the flush tax and increase in gas tax.

3.) I think the Firearms Safety Act of 2013 has limited law abiding citizens in their rights for firearms and ammunitions. I've heard from so many residents that the gun laws in MD limit their right to bear arms. I'm for limited constraints on law abiding citizens.

4.) I support a concealed carry legislation.

5.) I support the repeal of the Bathroom Bill. It's a real bad bill. I'm signing the petition against this bill. I am very concerned about the safety of the young ladies and women in our state with this bill. We have to repeal this law.

I'm hoping I answered your questions clearly. Please let me know of any further questions I may answer or how I may help.

I'm hoping to fight for you in the MD House of Delegates.

Thank you,

mark

5/9 10:15AM

Follow-up from Chang:

I just wanted to share with you where I stand on the life issue. Ted Sophocleus and myself are the only candidates out of 10 candidates in the primary endorsed by Maryland Right To Life http://www.mdrtl.org/political.html

http://www.capitalgazette.com/elect...ate_b70d85d0-b063-11e3-bcc2-0019bb2963f4.html

5/14 5:00PM

Finally received an "answer" from Sophocleus. Weak sauce, at best.

In simple terms, I protect and abide as best I can with both.

Mandated by the Feds and handled poorly by the County. Tax and program too high and regional.

I support the 2nd amendment position.

Please See previous answer.

5. Will you support or oppose the planned referendum to repeal the "Fairness for all Marylanders" bill (aka "Bathroom Bill"). Again, a brief explanation would be helpful.

Major society change deserves and should be made by the citizens of the state. A referendum is in order.

Last edited:

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    The OP contains all their information by way of a link to the Board of Elections pages (except Sophocleus, I had to use his legislative email, pulled from the MGS website).

5/8 3:30PM
    Beidle responded immediately, but is being evasive, refusing to put anything in writing (though offering to talk). She is distrustful of people changing her words and forwarding erroneous information.

Spencer Dove has said he'll respond this evening.

Beidle did vote Nay on FSA, so that is good. She and the other 2 (I)'s split the votes pretty evenly in 2010 for both the primary and general election.

General Election 2010 was close - (R)'s did not loose by much, which potentially explains the votes that are not down the party lines - http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2010/results/General/gen_results_2010_2_01632.html

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd

Mr H

Banana'd
    Beidle did vote Nay on FSA, so that is good. She and the other 2 (I)'s split the votes pretty evenly in 2010 for both the primary and general election.

General Election 2010 was close - (R)'s did not loose by much, which potentially explains the votes that are not down the party lines - http://www.elections.state.md.us/ele...0_2_01632.html

I rode her like the Pony Express on FSA. I would like to think it had some small effect, but in reality I would think they knew her vote didn't matter.

The district has been moving in recent years, but we need to push it over the edge. Beidle and Sophocleus have been talking a good moderate game for years, but really are squishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom