• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    rsideout was employee of the month several months in a row at the NFA branch of the GATFE and he does not even work there. He has so much NFA he should have his own examiner. And probably does. They have an approved stamp for him that just has his name on it... :lol2:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    rsideout, how is it you're so confident about the dates? What info do you have to make such predictions?

Because that is when I told the reviewer to have your stamps approved! So just sit back and relax, you'll get it soon enough. :tap:

I was half joking with you and Dave on your approvals. However, that is my guess as to when you'll be approved. This is only based on the current status of my 5 pending items, my last 3 approvals, the upcoming holidays, and on Mr. Pickles current release status on NFA Tracker. We'll see how close I come to these actual approval dates. Hopefully, I'm being too conservative with the timing and you both have early Christmas presents. :)

Last edited:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Pickles ought to be moving a little faster on the approvals.

Everyone spent there $$$ in the summer and the regular stamp collectors kept on purchasing with regularity...

That's my flawed logic, and I'm sticking to it. lol

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    He's very fast with Form 3's and 5320.20's right now. Approvals in 2-3 weeks and 1 week respectively. He just seems to be a bit backed up right now with the Form 1's and 4's.

Gee I wonder why? Could YOU have something to do with that? :D

I have been keeping an eye on Mr Pickles and it seems that on average it has been 3 1/2 months or so (which for me would be around Dec1) however i see some folks sitting on 6 months. So i will probably check around Dec 1st but not get my hopes up.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Thanks rsideout! I appriecate your help.

ar15dave, looks like we are still in our race. I look forward to the finish line.

Same here and to tell the truth i dont care who wins as long as it is a CLOSE race if you know what I mean.

Good luck. I will post once mine clears.

Dave

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    Just wanna throw my chip in the pot. SBR AR-15 and suppressor, coming to me as an individual on Form 4s,

Pending 7/14/11, called yesterday, still "waiting for review." My examiner is Dana Pickles.

Realllllyyyyyy want these damn stamps lol, it's been long enough!

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    1. NFA Item: Osprey9
    2. Form Type: Form 4
    3. Transferee: Individual
    4. MSP for CLEO:4/18/11
    5. Received CLEO:6/22/11
    6. Forms Sent:6/22/11
    7. Forms Rec:6/24/11
    8. Check Cashed:6/28/11
    9. Pending Date: resisted calling this time
    10. Examiner Name: Ann Feltner
    11. Approved Date:10/24/11
    12. Forms Received:11/3/11

So +2 months for MSP and +4 months for ATF this time. I gotta get a trust to cut MSP out of my wait for when the Honey Badger comes out.

Big thanks to Mark @ 2a for putting the fun back in buying guns.

ccff6805.jpg

cf1bcd44.jpg

After a couple flawless 20 round P226 mags of 158gr, I am all smiles. It exceeds my expectations. Suppressor serrations match the P226 SCT slide serrations too well to not have been designed for it. This is a fantasticly well matched and quiet combo. Almost have my strength and finances back for another wait :)

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Got another stamp today. :D
    9mm Can, Thompson Machine SG
    Form 4, Individual
    Reviewer - Pickles
    Pending - 7/12/11
    Approved - 11/28/11
    Received - 11/30/11

Still running 4 to 4-1/2 months from Pending to Approved.

The can is threaded for the Uzi, but here is a picture of it on a MAC using an adapter. It's a large volume can that will hopefully work well in full auto. Also easy to clean so I can use it with the .22LR upper.

Attachments

• SG.JPG
      SG.JPG
      38.4 KB · Views: 252
    • SG2.JPG
      SG2.JPG
      45.9 KB · Views: 256
    • SG3.JPG
      SG3.JPG
      44.4 KB · Views: 251
    Last edited:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    NICE!!!!

Im waiting on a stamp that went pending 7/19 with Pickles. So by your timeline I hopefully only have another week or so.

Leroi

Feb 16, 2011
    9mm Can
    Form 4, Individual
    Reviewer - Pickles
    Pending - 7/12/11
    Approved - 11/28/11
    Received - 11/30/11

Still running 4 to 4-1/2 months from Pending to Approved.

The can is threaded for the Uzi, but here is a picture of it on a MAC using an adapter. It's a large volume can that will hopefully work well in full auto. Also easy to clean so I can use it with the .22LR upper.

I'm pending since 7/14 with Pickles so this is very good news! Called today though and no approval

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Update

1. NFA Item: Factory SBR
    2. Form Type: Form 4
    3. Transferee: Individual
    4. CLEO Dropoff: 9/30/11
    5. CLEO Received: 11/16/11
    6. ATF Sent: 11/17/11
    7. ATF Arrived: 11/25/11
    8. Check Cashed: 11/29/11
    9. Pending Date:
    10. Examiner Name:
    11. Approval Date:
    12. Stamp Received:

Already picked up an Aimpoint T-1 for it. I was just gonna get an H-1 but with the Black Friday sales I managed to get a T-1 for less then the H-1, go figure. Now just gotta wait, and waiting sure does suck!

RedViperinMD

Mar 20, 2011
    MoCo

Very nice R! I just dropped my CLEO stuff off (prints and form 4) today at MSP. Hopefully, I'll retrieve my Max-11 from Engage by the end of May. You'll have to let me try out that can as that may be my next stamp (unless I find another FA that looks like a good deal before then).

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Very nice R! I just dropped my CLEO stuff off (prints and form 4) today at MSP. Hopefully, I'll retrieve my Max-11 from Engage by the end of May. You'll have to let me try out that can as that may be my next stamp (unless I find another FA that looks like a good deal before then).

Sure no problem. I'll let you compare a few different subgun cans. I tried out the Thompson Machine SG yesterday and was very pleased. It didn't give as much gas blow back on the MAC as some other cans. And it was also pretty quiet.

May is probably about right, if you submit to ATF in mid to late January. But hopefully the review times will improve. :fingerscrossed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom