• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    When I carry my Kel Tek P11 I carry the flush 10rnder and either 2 16rnders or a 30rnder. When people carry on about how much a 30rnder sticks out I tell them that if I am reloading I am past worrying about discretion.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    When I carry my Kel Tek P11 I carry the flush 10rnder and either 2 16rnders or a 30rnder. When people carry on about how much a 30rnder sticks out I tell them that if I am reloading I am past worrying about discretion.

haha, very true. not to thread jack, but could you lawfully carry an underfolder AK on your back? I mean as long as we're talking about full-sized guns.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Maryland long gun open carry unloaded is legal as per an opinion by AG Gansler but I don't wanna be a test case.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I have an AZ CCW permit, and usually carry a full size Beretta PX4. With the right holster, a full size gun can be concealed pretty effectively. I like Comp-tac's IWB holsters.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I've carried a Combat Commander and also carried a Gold Cup NM concealed.

You carry what you've got (or what 'policy' dictates).

Clothes are very important in concealment.

My youngest daughter's b/f carries/conceals a G22 (issued), and you can't tell he's got it on. (And he ain't that big of a guy!)

I keep forgetting what holster he says he uses. :shrug:

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I've carried a Combat Commander and also carried a Gold Cup NM concealed.

You carry what you've got (or what 'policy' dictates).

Clothes are very important in concealment.

My youngest daughter's b/f carries/conceals a G22 (issued), and you can't tell he's got it on. (And he ain't that big of a guy!)

I keep forgetting what holster he says he uses. :shrug:

That surprised we as well. When I first started to carry the G22 it surprised me how easy it was to conceal.

wjt1169

If you want a really minimalist holster that allows you to carry several different handguns with a light mounted...check out Armordillo Concealment's X-FER:

ACXFr01-1500-edit01-B3_zpsa927e867.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    CCW of Normal sized handguns is a a clothing question , not a gun issue. Dress around the gun. A good quality belt is important. A properly designed Pancake or belt slide can work well also.

The OP already has his solution at hand. The holster you already have works smoothly, conceals , and presumably is comfortably for you. Nothing needs changing.

With KelTec P11 I prefer the S&W 12rd mag. "For me" it allows full grip w/o any leftover , and still reasonably concealable other than actual pocket carry.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Good article that's worth repeating over at the Art of Manliness:

http://artofmanliness.com/2012/09/26/guide-to-concealed-carry/

Makes me want to start wearing sports coats.

Of course there is always Florida carry in a belt PDA case or fanny pack. Belly bands work as well. Cargo shorts are good because the outer pocket will disguise the large inner pocket with a good pocket holster. For IWB I like the larger supertucks that give a layer behind the entire gun for comfort.

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I just bought a Griffin Industries kydex holster and IWB hooks online for my Glock 22. Does anyone have any experience with them? If so please let me know your thoughts.

SlotMachine

Feb 6, 2012
    Seven Valleys, PA
    I carry my P226 in a retention holster. Doesn't bother me that people can tell im CC'ing, means they might think twice about giving me a reason to have to draw on them.

For formal occasions where I don't want to print tho, I carry a subcompact 9mm in a shoulder holster or IWB depending on outfit

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    I have a Jericho 941 (Baby Eagle) and unfortunately do not have a CCW in maryland. However I am going to class for my Utah and want a CCW in MD but Im not sure how well my Baby Eagle will be for CCW

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I have an AZ CCW permit, and usually carry a full size Beretta PX4. With the right holster, a full size gun can be concealed pretty effectively. I like Comp-tac's IWB holsters.

I have a full size Px4 Storm and a comp-tac minotaur. I can't carry it outside the house, but I'd say it does the job pretty well.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    4" M&P .45 in a Safariland 6378 ALS, with a good cover garment - no one's ever known I was carrying, or at least led on that they knew.

I prefer paddles because of my size, not a very big guy, but with the proper cut of shirt, it just disappears.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I no longer have a MD permit, but I carried a full-sized 92FS for quite a while before I purchased a Glock 19 RTF2. I used the Comp-Tac Minotaur holster which was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom