Garand order Pending in estore.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    Mailed 9/20
    Received 9/23
    email order received and given customer # 10/10
    Ammo order charged and shipped 10/30
    Garand order Pending in estore.

Did you order the HRA Service Grade? If you got the "official" switch email, would you take the SA Service Grade instead? I got the switch request and decided to stick with the HRA.

The CMP website was updated over a week ago to change the available rifles from HRA to SA, so the SA Service Grades are available again if anyone is interested. The HRAs won't be available again until they build up another stockpile of them. I guess there are still lots of rifles for them to process!

If anyone is interested in the International Harvesters, they are now being listed on the CMP auction site. And, wow, are they bringing some big bucks.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    UpperMarlboroman,

I ordered the H&R Service Grade on 8/30 and did not receive the email option to switch to a SA, at least not yet.

I don't know if I would switch or not. I am new to the M1 Garand so don't have a lot of info on either. I thought I saw someone on the CMP Forum who ordered the H&R on the same date as me, switched to the SA after being offered that and received his rifle on 10/31. That may be enough to get me to switch.

Thoughts anyone?

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    The SA have name appeal and could have receivers that saw combat, the HRA's seem to be built a bit better and you have a chance of getting an LMR barrel (very accurate).

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    So I sent a reply into CMP Customer Service and told them that since this is my first M1, I would be open to receiving the SA or the HRA. I did add a few comments about what my desired SA would look like as well.

Today I noticed that the gun case has been added to my order and it is switched to SA and being shipped. I hope I made the right choice but I don't know how you could go wrong with your first one......Right?

UPDATE**
    Mailed - 8/30/13
    Emailed Order Received - 9/3/13
    Pending in E-Store - 10/22/13
    Emailed CS ok to switch to SA - 11/4
    Gun Case Added and ready to ship - 11/6
    M1 Arrival Date - TBD

myuen021078

Jan 18, 2013
    Rockville
    I received my HRA M1 Service Grade Garand today. Hit my CC on 12/13 and shipped yesterday 12/16 Fedex overnight. The rifle is in great condition especially the wood stock.

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    Mailed 11/1
    Rec'd 11/5
    Email 12/13
    Rifle delivery attempted 12/17 (though I was not here and will have to pick up)

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    Yeah, I was really surprised to see the FedEx note on my door when I got home this evening. I got the Special, so maybe they ship those a little quicker?

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    Mailed 11/1
    Rec'd 11/5
    Email 12/13
    Rifle delivery attempted 12/17 (though I was not here and will have to pick up)

Somebody at the CMP must like me. They processed my application and shipped my M1 within 6 weeks. Surprised about that, and not having any 30-06 ammo, I ordered a can of Greek ammo day before yesterday. The website said it was in stock but likely would require a 30-60 day wait. I just received an email that it shipped this morning. Only downside is the hole being burnt in my credit card.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Got mine today... G3 HRA. Throat 2+, Muzzle 1+

Will tear it down tomorrow, unfortunately stuck with a headache :sad20:

Anyone else have the CMP stamp in their stock?

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom