• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    hmmm.... 3% chance the president will sign this.
    Especially in light of recent events.
    But stranger things have happened!

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Obama, our hero, our fuhrer, always has our best interests in mind.

Im sure he will sign this with a smile, knowing how many collectors, sportsmen, and Patriots he will be helping out.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    If this ever goes thru, I will max out on my yearly limit.

I missed my chance to buy $64 Garands back in the 70's. I missed my chance to buy an M16 for $695 in '81. If this goes through, I'll be camping out in Bama three days before they go on sale - with a phone placing online orders while I'm in line.

:D

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Obama, our hero, our fuhrer, always has our best interests in mind...

Fortunately, he doesn't have to sign it. It just needs to go to his desk while he's sunbathing in Denmark and Congress remains in session.

10 days and BINGO!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    here are pictures of two recent government 1911's

6755986537_14874b0895_b.jpg

and

5514714029_7c675973cc_z.jpg

notice the cut slides, modern sights, lowered ejection ports.

Many of these no longer look like issued pistols. There are a bunch of unissued but you know those will go to auction.

Don't expect deals....

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

and

Many of these no longer look like issued pistols. There are a bunch of unissued but you know those will go to auction.

Don't expect deals....

Like I said in another thread regarding this topic.:innocent0

Dave, thanks for the pics and showing the "other type" 1911 USGI stuff such as that Springfield Inc gun, and yes, Springer was doin' some for the US and rebuilds too. So boys and girls, don't expect any deals on these (WWII and earlier original guns) if they become available as they will almost certainly go to auction and will sell for ridiculous prices.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I'm still going to buy one, after all it's got USGI Sandbox era provenience and it reminds me of the pistols on my sub (although those were still USGI, I wonder if this includes Navy pistols or just Army).

It'll fit my collection of modern guns. My best guess price will be mid level 1911 (more than a Rock Island, less then a Kimber).

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    CMP Special Garands are beautiful, almost like new rifles with 60 year old receivers.

I would expect no less for their 1911s.

The bargain field grade rifles are definitely battle worn, but still decent shooters.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I just don't see this happening. Remember, the libs consider this "thousands of untraceable handguns hitting the market with no background checks"

Not true, but that's what they are going with, and that's what the media will spout

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I just don't see this happening. Remember, the libs consider this "thousands of untraceable handguns hitting the market with no background checks"

Not true, but that's what they are going with, and that's what the media will spout

The irony is that even if it were true, which it isn't, these valuable prized possessions will be going into the hands of a very small segment of "the market," as they put it -- responsible, avid collectors, shooters, and history afficionados who would no sooner allow them to be put to use in street crime than the owner of a restored '65 Mustang would use it to make weekend trash hauls to the dump.

These extremists have unrealistic views, conjured up by fear and imagination.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'm still going to buy one, after all it's got USGI Sandbox era provenience and it reminds me of the pistols on my sub (although those were still USGI, I wonder if this includes Navy pistols or just Army).

It'll fit my collection of modern guns. My best guess price will be mid level 1911 (more than a Rock Island, less then a Kimber).

CMP Special Garands are beautiful, almost like new rifles with 60 year old receivers.

I would expect no less for their 1911s.

The bargain field grade rifles are definitely battle worn, but still decent shooters.

For the well used modern 1911 types, I'd suspect you're somewhat right Dave, but the originals from back when (WWII & earlier) will be $$$$ at auction, see my post below.

Like I said in another thread regarding this topic.:innocent0

Dave, thanks for the pics and showing the "other type" 1911 USGI stuff such as that Springfield Inc gun, and yes, Springer was doin' some for the US and rebuilds too. So boys and girls, don't expect any deals on these (WWII and earlier original guns) if they become available as they will almost certainly go to auction and will sell for ridiculous prices.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

and

Don't expect deals....

Top picture is a Springfield Armory Inc POS, NOT USGI. Issued pistols will be sold, just like the ones I watched get the hot axe. They will be deals compared to what people are paying now, just like the M1's.

I'll buy whatever my funds allow.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The libs will never let it happen, they will all be junk, the prices will be to high, they will all go to auction, so you might as well just ignore any guns the CMP has or may get. Please don't bother yourselves with the CMP, Please!

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    There is an executive order just waiting to be signed to prevent this from happening.

over/under

Nov 11, 2012
    Top picture is a Springfield Armory Inc POS, NOT USGI. Issued pistols will be sold, just like the ones I watched get the hot axe. They will be deals compared to what people are paying now, just like the M1's.

I'll buy whatever my funds allow.

I wouldn't call a MEUSOC .45 built by PWS a POS. The frame is from no later than 1945. And I suspect these are not the variety that could end up with CMP. I agree that non-mixmaster all original 1911A1s would be sold at auction, but I would still get in line for a legit army refurb.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom