• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    They'd have to flush the entire council, and the mayor, to make a dent in the crime. Then they'd have to actually incarcerate the thugs, and open a juvenile Reform School, with corporal punishment, to civilise the yutes. You might turn the city around in a decade or so, but of course punishment instead of "rehabilitation" will never fly. Make crime unpleasant? What am I thinking?
    True.

This man goes first.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg

Clearly the problem is the lack of funding.
    what I do not understand is why throwing more and more money, like you stated will do anything. It isn't the money. As you and everyone knows it is the culture. Fix that and they will begin to play with society better. I was in a Monkey County school meeting and they was talking more money more money. I asked them how much is the right amount because they are constantly asking for more funding. They had a blank stare like how dare I ask. I was not invited back.
    Or, sadly... more funding so they can have yet another pocket filling scheme

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    They'll keep pointing at everything but direct causes. To point out the obvious would be uncivilized.

Let them suffer their consequences.

Ya plant corn, ya get corn.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    They'll keep pointing at everything but direct causes. To point out the obvious would be uncivilized.

Let them suffer their consequences.

Ya plant corn, ya get corn.

Indeed.

DC had 6,829 motor vehicle thefts in 2023.

If people who had their car(s) stolen voted differently after it happened, this would get better, but they don't so it doesn't.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    what I do not understand is why throwing more and more money, like you stated will do anything. It isn't the money. As you and everyone knows it is the culture. Fix that and they will begin to play with society better. I was in a Monkey County school meeting and they was talking more money more money. I asked them how much is the right amount because they are constantly asking for more funding. They had a blank stare like how dare I ask. I was not invited back.
    Or, sadly... more funding so they can have yet another pocket filling scheme

****They want ALL the money. Every last cent they can get. It's for the children after all. I've been hearing the "more money for schools thing" for basically ever. Never ever enough.

The smart kids will do well, the dumber kids wont regardless of money spent for the most part. Dumbing down the curriculum to appease the dolts and dullards only makes things worse for society. I have zero problem with separating the very smart kids and spending a LOT of more money on them to help them reach their potential, and to keep them away from the troublemakers and kids who really have no interest in being there, or who simply do not have the capacity to do well in school.

The not so academically inclined kids could be encouraged to pursue other avenues better suited to their strengths, or at least some kind of basic training to learn fundamentals to get by in life to go into whatever skill or trade they liked - and if they don't like *any* of it, at least keep them away from the kids who are absolutely more likely to do well in school, and who are not behavioral problems disrupting class. The disruptors need to be removed as they are holding the future achievers back.

Harsh, but it is what is mostly done in many other countries that require examinations to continue down an academic path vs just putting everyone through essentially the same system. People are not all equal, and some are much more gifted academically, or physically, or have high emotional IQ, etc.. It's reality.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    ****They want ALL the money. Every last cent they can get. It's for the children after all. I've been hearing the "more money for schools thing" for basically ever. Never ever enough.

The smart kids will do well, the dumber kids wont regardless of money spent for the most part. Dumbing down the curriculum to appease the dolts and dullards only makes things worse for society. I have zero problem with separating the very smart kids and spending a LOT of more money on them to help them reach their potential, and to keep them away from the troublemakers and kids who really have no interest in being there, or who simply do not have the capacity to do well in school.

The not so academically inclined kids could be encouraged to pursue other avenues better suited to their strengths, or at least some kind of basic training to learn fundamentals to get by in life to go into whatever skill or trade they liked - and if they don't like *any* of it, at least keep them away from the kids who are absolutely more likely to do well in school, and who are not behavioral problems disrupting class. The disruptors need to be removed as they are holding the future achievers back.

Harsh, but it is what is mostly done in many other countries that require examinations to continue down an academic path vs just putting everyone through essentially the same system. People are not all equal, and some are much more gifted academically, or physically, or have high emotional IQ, etc.. It's reality.
    1 million percent agree

Wayne

Shrimper
    Oct 8, 2010
    Ala Freaking Bama

Sad thing is I figured this out when I was maybe 11. We had a really enthusiastic first-year teacher. She was a wonderful person and so sure she could get all the kids up to a decent level even though many suffered from fetal alcohol syndrome and other maladies.

It was just a tad frustrating for her to hold everyone else back while trying to help them catch up.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Sad thing is I figured this out when I was maybe 11. We had a really enthusiastic first-year teacher. She was a wonderful person and so sure she could get all the kids up to a decent level even though many suffered from fetal alcohol syndrome and other maladies.

It was just a tad frustrating for her to hold everyone else back while trying to help them catch up.
    Diana Moon Glampers Elementary School?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

(Washington, DC) – Today, Mayor Muriel Bowser launched the new Gallery Place/Chinatown Task Force to develop a vision and recommendations for potential future uses of the two-block District parcel encompassing Capital One Arena and Gallery Place. The Task Force, which will be chaired by Jodie McLean and Deborah Ratner Salzberg, is charged with creating an immediate activation plan, long-term vision, and investment plan for the Gallery Place/Chinatown neighborhood.

The Task Force will focus on the future uses of the two city blocks between 6th and 7th Streets NW and F and H Streets NW, currently occupied by Gallery Place and the Capital One Arena, and inform the vision and key actions needed to re-envision the area between the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to the north, 10th Street NW to the west, Pennsylvania Avenue NW to the south, and 5th Street NW to the east.

Residents, businesses, and stakeholders can share their ideas for Downtown with the Gallery Place/Chinatown Task Force and receive updates on other progress happening Downtown by visiting BeDowntown.dc.gov

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom