• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Mine came today. Works fine in my basement, but a little hard to test given the ambient halo-producing light sources. I got the EE version, and it appears to have a "dot" reticle instead of the --^-- reticle others have seen.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Mine came as well and appeared to work. Had corrosion on the reticle battery area that had to be scrubbed off. Also have the dot reticle.

Mine is out of focus but per the arfcom thread, I see how to fix it so I hope to get to try it this weekend.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Mine is out of focus but per the arfcom thread, I see how to fix it so I hope to get to try it this weekend.

Well I got two.

First appears pretty nice. Works and is about as good as my Z51 frankly.

Second has a huge burn spot in the center just up and left of the "V". Lots of sparkling too. Reticle knob is either on or off, no dim. But works.

Not a bad deal at all. I really should be about 10 more to hold as the value goes up.

Guys, please post links to these AR15.com threads as they are hard to find and will make a good reference for later. Thanks!

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    So I talked to HMG, they will do a discount for group purchases of 10 or more and save on shipping as well. My group needs 5-6, anyone else looking at picking one up?

Eric

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Wow, bit more than I figured one of those receivers would be.

Wonder if they would build my rifle if I sent it to them. Hmm. Might be worth it.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Damn, no such luck then. Like erwos I might be interested in the kit as well, then. MDS CETME build party anyone?

wbw2123 and I got together awhile back and knocked quite a bit of ours out. I'm getting pretty far along on mine using a Gen 1 flat, but there are all sorts of kinks within that design. He got his up and running but it took quite some effort.

If I'm lucky, Sunday I'll get a full day and should be able to get the majority of my build finished.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have a gen1 flat from Jetism that is junk - all sorts of crooked everything. He sent me a gen2 for free which is MUCH improved but still doesn't appear as nice as these HMG flats. I will be buying the HMGs to build my kits w/. I sounds like we are going to do somewhat of a bend/build party and will have the HMG bending tool.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    wbw2123 and I got together awhile back and knocked quite a bit of ours out. I'm getting pretty far along on mine using a Gen 1 flat, but there are all sorts of kinks within that design. He got his up and running but it took quite some effort.

If I'm lucky, Sunday I'll get a full day and should be able to get the majority of my build finished.

Maybe we could do this like an AK build part. Get together and ask you to share your native knowledge learned from your build. If I could get another kit I might, my Dad would love to do a project like this too.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    I have a gen1 flat from Jetism that is junk - all sorts of crooked everything. He sent me a gen2 for free which is MUCH improved but still doesn't appear as nice as these HMG flats. I will be buying the HMGs to build my kits w/. I sounds like we are going to do somewhat of a bend/build party and will have the HMG bending tool.

Maybe we could do this like an AK build part. Get together and ask you to share your native knowledge learned from your build. If I could get another kit I might, my Dad would love to do a project like this too.

I have a nice press and tig welder which with hand tools is most of what you need to put these together. We could definitely do a day... dependent on their delivery timeline. I still have some shims for the barrels on these which headspace differently than the hk stuff.

There's another member in HoCo that has an even better looking L that's up and running from a gen 1 flat.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I have a nice press and tig welder which with hand tools is most of what you need to put these together. We could definitely do a day... dependent on their delivery timeline. I still have some shims for the barrels on these which headspace differently than the hk stuff.

There's another member in HoCo that has an even better looking L that's up and running from a gen 1 flat.

We could probably gather together any additional tools easily between all of us. I cannot TIG so that would be a useful skill to have present if you're willing to assist.

Anyone sees another kit with a barrel keep me in mind.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    I cannot TIG so that would be a useful skill to have present if you're willing to assist.

You'll have to weld the receiver yourself, but we can definitely teach you on some scrap. I also have a small mig if you have experience with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom