CCW training requirement just might be here soon.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I hope I'm right in thinking Miller is deliberately pushing this back in hopes that it will not make it to the House if it does pass.

I would love to hear the exchange between Miller and Frosh.

Miller= "Look you little twerp, the next time you decide to take a simple bill that gives a little perk to police officers, who's votes I charish, and twist it into your own anti-gun campaign, causing me to bail your ass out, you and your Charlie Chaplin mustache will be seated so far back in the room, you'll need a carrier pidgeon to get messages to the podium."

Frosh=

Miller didn't do it. He's been siding with Frosh. The only vote I have yet to see is the one pushing this back. Don't know where he stood on that one. But Saturday he voted against an amendment to get rid of G&S. In other words, he voted against shall-issue.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Just put off till the next session again.

There is no next session. The push was into the current session, which began at 1427. You were correct...four hours ago. ;)

This stuff moves too fast sometimes.

They have gotten through most of the perfunctory stuff already. They are going to get to the special order probably by about 1630.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    It is being debated right now, Frosh is defending his craptastic amendments now. Eastern Shore Senator is grilling him.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Only until this evening's session after Frosh was getting too heavily grilled by the esteemed Senator from the Eastern Shore (who brought up the emails that have been slamming his box).

Thanks for the extra details. I was only able to join late because of work.

What time is the evening session and will that give it enough time to still go through the house?

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I just sent another round of emails to all the state senators and delegates. Why not right. God I hope we win this one. Maryland cannot stay like this forever. I actually love this state but hate how she's run.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    If this does fail, we need to make sure that the LEO, and their union, knows who was responsible for the failure: Frosch.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Per the Listen Live page, the House is in adjournment until 1700.

According to The Capital, the House adjourned because the Senate was not compromising sufficiently on the budget. Busch said their negotiators were waiting in conference until the Senate shows up with something they can jointly agree on. Quote: "We will not leave there and come back in (session) until we have a budget," Busch said.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/ne...y-of-General-Assembly-no-budget-in-sight.html

Hopefully this delay plays to our benefit in terms of running out the clock.

And: Go Senator Reilly! I'm impressed with how our friends have been working this today.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Pipkin proposed the last special order. Other bills had proposals to special order but those moves were defeated - meaning people wanted to just vote on them and get them over. But nobody seems interested in helping Frosh out on this one.

Frosh claimed this was not gun control.

When the biggest advocate of gun control in the state of Maryland refuses to admit he is into gun control, you gotta be winning something...

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    We already pay $30 extra every time we buy a handgun. Imagine a training fee added to that. Lots of people shopping at basspro have a hard time scraping up money to justify getting a $400 taurus m85....that's now $430+6% tax...$455.80. Add in even a $30 training fee and that gun is now an unaffordable $485.80.....assuming the person can afford to take a day off of work.....

They're targeting poor people across maryland. Our elitists in office only want to allow your to exercise your rights if you're rich enough.

$30 training fee? You're being awfully optimistic.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Pipkin proposed the last special order. Other bills had proposals to special order but those moves were defeated - meaning people wanted to just vote on them and get them over. But nobody seems interested in helping Frosh out on this one.

Frosh claimed this was not gun control.

When the biggest advocate of gun control in the state of Maryland refuses to admit he is into gun control, you gotta be winning something...

That's promising.

:thumbsup:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    $30 training fee? You're being awfully optimistic.

If the rumors we heard were true, the total cost including ammo and range time for live-fire would easily exceed a few hundred. DC's rules call out a class that is roughly $200 without the cost of either. Add in an eight hour day and a lot of people get left out.

The language we supported included things like hunter's safety courses - low-cost or free in many states - plus military service, other state permits if they required training, etc. In short, a lot of options that would include the largest numbers of people possible while still providing something more than nothing.

I would have been happy to work with the state on modifying the online class to include info relevant to permitted carry in Maryland.

But that was all tossed aside. Safety was not the issue. They wanted a backdoor regime for rights denial, and we caught them red-handed. The chief instigator won't even own up to it now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom