• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I'm very careful to never point the muzzle past the walls of my balcony, I'm on the third floor so I'm kinda out of sight. The rest of my building loves me and say they feel very protected. Too bad its a hassle to defend and protect my own property let alone theirs. If push comes to shove, if someone else is on danger ill do what it takes. If it takes me going to jail to save an innocent so be it.

As long as folks are willing to do this noting will change. What do do about fence sitters? How about a frank talk about why you need to risk jail just to help a neighbor or protect their kids. I don't know what I would do if a 3rd party or a child were in danger.. I will not know until it happens, but I will be damned if I will let mu neighbors think I am their patsy..

Innocence is relative -- somebody is voting for thees clowns -- by allowing them to assume you will act as protector you again let them disown their responsibility -- this time to you, the rest of the time to the government -- this is the problem in a nutshell.

"I may help, but its your job to protect your own" -- get this message out and Maryland starts to change. Otherwise it continues its downward slide.

Its time for frank talk not more of the same.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My deed says my front property line is the center line of the highway in front of my house ... is that a can of worms?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    My deed says my front property line is the center line of the highway in front of my house ... is that a can of worms?

no.. old properties still has middle of road is property line.

make sure though that there is no recent right of way taking since the deed.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Ok, so here it goes. The property is owned by "River Oaks Condominium Association" and we are all members of such. When speaking with our attorney regarding adding a rule about carrying of a handgun, she said that MD law would trump any rules that went against it. My question would then be this:

If it were written into the rules that residents that are legally allowed to possess and own a firearm are allowed to wear and carry a handgun concealed, wouldn't that be giving written permission to carry on the property and thereby meet the MD laws?

Just like going to a friends house that gave you written permission to carry on their property.

I know asking here is not "legal" but thought I'd use up these resources before spending association money on an attorney.

Unless your friend's property is being used as an informal target range, your friend's permission does not make it legal for you to carry on his property.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You could legally be showing him part or all of your gun collection on his property, but that wouldn't include carry as I read it. Not sure if you meet the definition of bona fide collector, whatever that is. It's not defined.

Maybe Esqappellate can elaborate.

IANAL.

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    My post was in regards to protecting life not personal property. A lot of the people in my building are much older and are very pro 2A. If I hear calls for help I'm going to assist, if thier life is threatened without doubt then ill do what's necessary.

I need to stop posting when I'm half asleep, my thoughts don't come out how I ment.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    You could legally be showing him part or all of your gun collection on his property, but that wouldn't include carry as I read it. Not sure if you meet the definition of bona fide collector, whatever that is. It's not defined.

Maybe Esqappellate can elaborate.

IANAL.

You would need to be MSP recognized collector for that to be a safe option. BTW, that is worth doing, as it gets you out of the one gun a month restriction. And it doesn't do much in these circumstances other than get you out of the transport restriction. I doubt you carry on your friends' property by saying you are collector. A step too cute. Rule: Don't try to be cute in getting around the carry restrictions.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    no.. old properties still has middle of road is property line.

make sure though that there is no recent right of way taking since the deed.

As I understand it, the state does have right of way, but the property is still mine and I am taxed on the entire acreage, even thought I can't exclusively use all of it.

I would assume that if 100 years or so in the future, the road was abandoned and no longer traveled on, that my heirs could conceivably regain use of the total acreage. My brother's property adjoins a section of realigned road. The new road is about 200 feet from the property line and original road. I am sure his deed says that original road's center line is the property line and that the original road is state right of way. Without applying to the state to deed the right of way to him, do his property rights end at the edge of the unused right of way or the middle of the unused right of way?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    As I understand it, the state does have right of way, but the property is still mine and I am taxed on the entire acreage, even thought I can't exclusively use all of it.

I would assume that if 100 years or so in the future, the road was abandoned and no longer traveled on, that my heirs could conceivably regain use of the total acreage. My brother's property adjoins a section of realigned road. The new road is about 200 feet from the property line and original road. I am sure his deed says that original road's center line is the property line and that the original road is state right of way. Without applying to the state to deed the right of way to him, do his property rights end at the edge of the unused right of way or the middle of the unused right of way?

its at the edge (now).
    like i said before.. do some research... once the state does a fee simple.. they plat the road and it becomes theirs (yes.. some get taxed..,day pendimg how its written in the deed. areas wise). if the road gets abandoned.. the ownership goes back to the previous or current owner. depending it can be split between adjoining owners also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom