Carry question, Absolute newby concidering going there, so excuse the simplicity)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Sweet, with my MD W&C permit I can drive from Maryland to my office in Alabama armed.
    As long as you don't use the DC beltway because you have Montgomery County on the north side and that corner of District of Columbia on the south side.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The corner on the south side is about 1000 feet and MPD does not patrol it. DC is responsible for the river and PG and Alexandria enforce the highway

VSP and MSP also

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The corner on the south side is about 1000 feet and MPD does not patrol it. DC is responsible for the river and PG and Alexandria enforce the highway

VSP and MSP also
    It may be only 1,000 feet but it is still part of the District of Columbia and they do not recognize Maryland permits and MDS Forum members do not advocate breaking laws.

He could still cross into VA on Rt. 301 or up at Point of Rocks to name the next closest crossing points or by various other routes. I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of just how bad the Montgomery County law made things.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm ex military, but not your military.
    I'm familiar & was accurate & safe with both revolvers & self-loaders.
    I actually have a letter somewhere from the PA state police where I qualified "Pistol Expert" but the was a long time ago.
    I also took the "old" Maryland Police Training Commission Firearms Safety Training Course & have the cert but I assume its worthless?
    To those that tried to help, thanks.
    To the rest of you gee, thanks, Buddy.
    I'm in Talbot Co.

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'm ex military, but not your military.
    I'm familiar & was accurate & safe with both revolvers & self-loaders.
    I actually have a letter somewhere from the PA state police where I qualified "Pistol Expert" but the was a long time ago.
    I also took the "old" Maryland Police Training Commission Firearms Safety Training Course & have the cert but I assume its worthless?
    To those that tried to help, thanks.
    To the rest of you gee, thanks, Buddy.
    I'm in Talbot Co.
    Unfortuately the 16 hour MD W&C training is the only accepted training for those not explictly exempt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom