• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Time for others to enjoy some of the C&R rifles I have collected. Russian, finn, french, US etc. Do you know a local who can consult on values? Particularly rifles seldom seen for sale.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Have you looked at gunbroker completed auctions? May not cover all of them, but should cover some.

May be worth it to take them to the upcoming B'more Antique Arms show.

I consigned some things with an auction house which was there last year and was happy with the results. For me, a good auction is the best way to really determine what something is worth. If they will be there again this year, you may want to sync with them; https://www.amoskeagauction.com/

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    1708663828657.jpeg

waiting for the classified ad

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I'd say check Gunbroker for completed auctions for similar rifles and shave off around 10% off the final price. I was able to get my milsurp sold off in a good amount of time.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Your general location ?

Are you seek for real appraisal, or a general sense of current trends and ballpark $ expectations ?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Time for others to enjoy some of the C&R rifles I have collected. Russian, finn, french, US etc. Do you know a local who can consult on values? Particularly rifles seldom seen for sale.
    I'll probably be taken out back and beaten to death for saying this in the present company, but what about taking them to a reputable auction company? I know some of our members have had good success with Redding in Gettysburg. I've attended their auctions many times and have rarely seen anything go for a poor price, especially if you make sure to consign it in the proper sale (eg, military sale for milsurp rifles instead of throwing them into a general gun auction). https://www.reddingauction.com/ I believe our own Mawkie has consigned with them before.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I have about 50 mostly military rifles and pistols consigned with Pat Redding. Should be coming up soon. I've been pleased with the results for the most part. Like anything there have been a few outliers that surprised me selling way above and also below market. Tends to even out in the end.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I have about 50 mostly military rifles and pistols consigned with Pat Redding. Should be coming up soon. I've been pleased with the results for the most part. Like anything there have been a few outliers that surprised me selling way above and also below market. Tends to even out in the end.
    What shop is pat at?

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Your general location ?

Are you seek for real appraisal, or a general sense of current trends and ballpark $ expectations ?
    Good morning. Generally in the balto area. Can be in annapolis. I am not looking for appraisals but ball parks/general sense For the more esoteric rifles. For example, unfired SSG german with matching zeiss scope, czech vz 54( no scope), handful of finn 39s from the Pat Clark days. French 49/56, scoped with appropriate apex. Enfields, pattern 14 (w/100+ yr old sling), mk I springfield (one of the prettiest mil stock I have seen and unfortunately refinished by prior owner to make it so), Int’l harvester gap Garand, with a rare late 30’s caratouched stock, gorgeous wood and unfortunately refinished by same prior owner, but stock may be worth the value of the mix master HI rifle), mod 21 winchester SxS 16 ga which i took bird hunting in december (1948 assembly, 26”). kraig Carbine, jap mod 44 War bring back. The garands, mosins and the much more common surplus rifles are easier due to comps; they are all C&R; i have a C&R/003. There are a bunch of Colt SAAs, and a 1912 1911 that would need to go thru an 001. Some C&R snubs, mod 19, 36 nickel, cobra. 4-5 SKSs, russian, albanian chinese. Many colt 2nd gen BP including a nickeled army (50 made). Been collecting, or amassing, way too long.
    by the way, we have met and sat and talked.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    You might try Steeles in DE.
    He typically has a shitpot of C&R's and has been in the business for decades. Check out their facebook, they often get collections in to sell; and they move.

I've never been a seller but as a buyer I've been treated right and bought quite a few. One of my favorite shops.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    mod 21 winchester SxS 16 ga which i took bird hunting in december (1948 assembly, 26”). kraig Carbine, jap mod 44 War bring back.
    How's the condition? Does it hand any engraving?

These start, on the low end, at around $4k on Guns Intl. and go up from there with a pretty high ceiling.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    As others have mentioned, I'd look at GunBroker completed auctions. In particular, look at the auctions with multiple bids...there are some dealers who will advertise the same thing over and over at a hyperinflated price.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Our members Combloc (posted above) is an honest man who knows more.about military rifles than many dealers. He would be worth talking to about the Euro guns especially.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The SSG-82 is particularly tricky. There are three on GB right now, for $4K or more.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    How's the condition? Does it hand any engraving?

These start, on the low end, at around $4k on Guns Intl. and go up from there with a pretty high ceiling.
    No engraving. 26’ skeet/skeet. Its a ‘skeet’ mod. 16ga is not usual. Cody letter; butt pad added after it left factory. Wood nicelyfigured. Birth year and birth town gun.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    The SSG-82 is particularly tricky. There are three on GB right now, for $4K or more.
    That’s a rather amazing asking price, but people are willing to pay for what others don’t have. . I have not shot it ( wanted to) but read about broken triggers from sideward pressure and extraction issues. So it sat. Box for matching number scope and the 2 boxes of german ammo it came with. Blonde wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom