• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Same question. I have a standard flat top and want to co-witness with a standard FSB.

I have never used the 32, but have mounted 2 TRS 25's on flat top AR's with standard FSB with this mid height riser:

Mid Riser

Damn near perfect co witness on both.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Awesome. Thanks for posting this up.

I've been trying to figure out what I'll put on the AR pistols that I'll eventually build.

Just ordered a TRS-32 for $45 shipped.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Crap I just bought one a week ago at $54 shipped and thought that was a great deal. Now I saw this and for $45 there was no way I could resist - and yes I already know where it is going :)

Thanks OP!

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    If you're thinking about a varmint rifle, I highly recommend the Bushmaster Varminter upper with a 24" extra heavy fluted barrel. It's not cheap ($600) but it has reach and accuracy. I just sighted my new one in a couple of days ago and it's amazing.

Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking about it a lot lately and there are so many options. I originally was going to build it up to a complete rifle but it seems like for the cost, it would be a wash and I could buy a complete upper for this purpose.

Any other suggestions on Barrels, uppers, complete uppers?

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking about it a lot lately and there are so many options. I originally was going to build it up to a complete rifle but it seems like for the cost, it would be a wash and I could buy a complete upper for this purpose.

Any other suggestions on Barrels, uppers, complete uppers?

My experience is limited, so I'm not comfortable recommending anything else. I already had the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S and initially was just looking for a flat top upper to swap out. The Varminter really caught my eye. I like it so much that I just had 2A Sales build a complete lower for me, so I won't be sitting around with an AR-15 and a half.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    So...I jumped on the bandwagon and got 3 of these mini-scopes. Bushnell TRS-25.......

Arrived, so I checked them out..all 3 of them..
    Not one of them has a clear red dot presentation.....what is seen can be best described as a "red pen scribble". not fit for man nor beast.

eMail to Bushnell went out yesterday.......

R

Last edited:

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    So...I jumped on the bandwagon and got 3 of these mini-scopes. Bushnell TRS-25.......

Not one of them has a clear red dot presentation.....what is seen can be best described as a "red pen scribble". not fit for man nor beast.

R

PSA finally shipped my TRS-32 yesterday with an expected delivery next Monday. Hope I don't have the same problem.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I already have 2 25s and third in route. The two I have do not have a single red dot, but what appears to be 3 very small tightly grouped dots. Looking very close the dot is more of a tiny triangle, but its not problem; especially for an optic I have only paid about $50 for. Adjustable brightness is good.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I ordered one a while ago. Still waiting for PSA to actually ship the damn thing...since they charged my card over a week ago. I tried calling their customer service number to ask if they planned to ship it. Got a fast busy signal each time I tried (called four times over the course of two days). Sent a couple emails-no reply.
    Now it seems maybe these are crap...

Guess the whole "too good to be true" bit may ring true here...if I ever get the damn thing. :mad54:

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I ordered one a while ago. Still waiting for PSA to actually ship the damn thing...since they charged my card over a week ago. I tried calling their customer service number to ask if they planned to ship it. Got a fast busy signal each time I tried (called four times over the course of two days). Sent a couple emails-no reply.

Guess the whole "too good to be true" bit may ring true here...if I ever get the damn thing. :mad54:

Thanks for posting this. It saved me from typing the same exact thing.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

R

Do you have astigmatism? That's a known problem with all red-dots and people with astigmatism.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Slow day at work today so I on hold for a while. It looks like they are still processing orders from back on the 13th. I guess they had a bit of a holiday rush

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD

To be fair. PSA is up front about charging your credit card as soon as they get the order and the web site did say shipping was running a week to ten days from order receipt and longer for some items.

Erick

Sep 13, 2013
    Pretty good deal IMO. I should have ordered more than 1. But, don't have need for more than 1 right now. Enter Bushnell10 for another 10%off. $44.99 shipped

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ot-731303.html

For that price I also couldnt say no even though I prefer EOtechs (and have them on my primary)

But I need to equip a back-up gun so I cant wait to get the TR25 in the mail.

Also picked up 2 Blackhawk VFGs which are among my favorite VFGs 2nd only to the Daniel Defense and at this price cant say no.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Awesome. Thanks for posting this up.

I've been trying to figure out what I'll put on the AR pistols that I'll eventually build.

Just ordered a TRS-32 for $45 shipped.

Mine that I ordered on the 17th shipped on the 27th, and I should have it on Friday. It'll go on an old rifle for now, and eventually on one of the AR pistols that are next on the build list. For $45 shipped, how can you complain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom