• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    He's having his Walkout Ceremony right now.

MPD Chief Robert Contee gearing up for new FBI role:

The "goodbye" interview:

Last day is June 3rd.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    He's having his Walkout Ceremony right now.

MPD Chief Robert Contee gearing up for new FBI role:

The "goodbye" interview:

Last day is June 3rd.

So is it safe to assume he is fully on board with the current "leadership" model of the Feebs?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    So is it safe to assume he is fully on board with the current "leadership" model of the Feebs?
    Enough to say "yes" I'm sure:

Contee is taking a role as an assistant director with the FBI. He said one of the reasons is to give him more time with family.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD

Would be great to see these reports for all local agencies in the DMV:

1685635636243.png

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    My bet on the new Chief.

"Before taking her current post, Smith served as the MPD's Chief Equity Officer (CEO), leading the department's efforts on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).

Prior to joining the Metropolitan Police Department in May 2022, Ms. Smith served as a United States Park Police officer for 24 years."
    You called it. Well done.

Smith will be the first Black woman to be chief. She retired from the U.S. Park Police in April 2022 and became MPD’s first chief equity officer. She then was named assistant chief of the Department of Homeland Security.

@StantonCree @Bafflingbs

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    From what movie/TV show does that originate?

I'm a dumbass

+1

I'm waiting for @StantonCree to chime in

And, comma, because someone has to, 'the new Chief is near!!'
    I don’t know anything about her besides what’s been mentioned. The informal outlook isn’t good but I’m willing to give it a try. Cops in general don’t like change so of course the rumor mill is flowing of negative things coming back.

Long story short the mayor and council run the department. The chief can’t really effect meaningful change.

I love Contee as a human and he tried but as you can see DC can only keep a chief just long enough for them to take that cash into retirement. A chief position should be longer than 2-3 years.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I don’t know anything about her besides what’s been mentioned. The informal outlook isn’t good but I’m willing to give it a try. Cops in general don’t like change so of course the rumor mill is flowing of negative things coming back.

Long story short the mayor and council run the department. The chief can’t really effect meaningful change.

I love Contee as a human and he tried but as you can see DC can only keep a chief just long enough for them to take that cash into retirement. A chief position should be longer than 2-3 years.
    Question for you Sir: Why/How did Chief Lanier stick around as Chief for such a long time? (Jan. 2007 - Sept. 2016) That made her the longest serving Chief in the history of the Department.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Question for you Sir: Why/How did Chief Lanier stick around as Chief for such a long time? (Jan. 2007 - Sept. 2016) That made her the longest serving Chief in the history of the Department.
    Cuz the city loved her. She also lucked out and caught the tail end of aggressive policing while transferring to hands off. So she still had aggressive units and community units. It looked good for her. Now a days if your new policy doesn’t include kissing babies and getting cops in trouble it’s not progressive enough.

try being a new chief in a job that offers a very good pension and regularly have officers with 15 years on (past the halfway point) retire

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom