Beretta USA Announces Decision to Move Its Entire Maryland Manufacturing Capabilities

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Sorry for the double-post, but I just wanted to add that mil/LEO sales constitute a small minority of Beretta's US sales. Single digits, IIRC. This was relayed to me via a Beretta employee.

Interesting.

I'm of the opinion that Beretta will move everything in the coming years - maintaining only a sales / demo presence close to DC.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    This, and with APG being listed on the force structure realignment assessment there are possible big losses in store for MD. $6.6 million in sales tax losses for APG possible, along with $382 million less in income to tax, and 10K less people as a result.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    This, and with APG being listed on the force structure realignment assessment there are possible big losses in store for MD. $6.6 million in sales tax losses for APG possible, along with $382 million less in income to tax, and 10K less people as a result.

Don't worry...they'll have "business leaving our state tax" and if the businesses don't pay they'll put in place a "business replacement tax tax lost tax" and you and I will pick it up.

Much easier then fixing the failed business practices of MD.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    We need to get into the habit of applying multipliers. Use mind games to our fullest advantage. 300 taxpayers losing a good job at one facility means 2-3x more people will lose jobs in the surrounding area due to lost business, meaning our story's headline should read "1,000 jobs to be lost due to O'Malley and general assembly".

Maybe if we start referring to these employees as "fully-automatic employees", people will start to listen.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Mixed feelings. I'm pleased to see Beretta stick to their principles. However, now there is even less constraint on the grabbers (make no mistake, Beretta was central to some of the watering down of sb281). Lastly- MOM and Dumas still win: those aren't laid off machinists, they are brand new welfare recipients (aka permanent democrats).

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Sorry for the folks losing their jobs or being forced to move to keep them. I just hate what the politicians have done to this state. What a shame...

Being "forced" to move from Maryland to Tennessee sounds like it might be a step upward in life. And they'll already know people there when they move.

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    Sad to hear this after a long tenure in So. MD. Wonder if they will continue with the recent military contract for 92s. Interesting too, with talk of the military looking for a new sidearm.

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    This is good news for the upcoming election!!!

Spread the news far and wide!! Big job losses to Democratically controlled Prince Georges county because of The Gun Safety Act!!!!

May be we can actually get rid of some of the Democrats in the Legislature because of this!!!!:lol2:

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads