• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer

Feb 9, 2009
    I'm just going to call them tomorrow.

I can't do much with my lack of abilities with the internet and the kindle.

I don't know why they would ban me either.

I was looking for answers like he anyone else experienced this.

It's just puzzling you know.

Made for a good post, lots of responses.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    You honestly mean to tell me that the people working the customer complaint box are going to have to the power to blacklist users of this site? His error doesn't look like an application error either, it looks like some sort of webserver error, but I am not not 100% sure because I am not seeing it myself. If anyone is blacklisting anything on BPS, it is coming from their security dept, not customer service.

You are basing your assumptions on what?

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...+specific+IP+addresses+from+web+server+access

The IP address is a field that is placed into email headers. It isn't that hard to add an IP address to a file on a web server.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yeah, but home accounts rarely have hard (immutable) IP addresses. You reset your modem, and you will likely be assigned a new IP address. And what was yours once, might be your neighbor's tomorrow.

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    Here's my message, just tried to access.
    Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.basspro.com/Hunting/_/T-12425000000" on this server.
    Reference #18.4bff4f17.1432250928.1594e2a9

Does this happen when you go to http://www.basspro.com without anything extra tacked on the end like you show above?

hammer

Feb 9, 2009
    Thanks guys but my fingers are sore , been trying for hours.

Top gun , how did they not tap into your talents to replace David Letterman :D.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    Just order it online and have them ship to the store. That will save the shipping costs and you know it will be there when they tell you it has arrived

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Ok i did say I didn't use profanity.

Basically I said I drove over an hour to get to your store to buy reloading supplies.
    No powder, no primers, no brass

How do you say you support shooting sports, like reloading, you sell reloaders, but no supplies for it.

Guess where I'm not going shop next time, not basspro.

I'm not an internet assassin, I'm a regular guy like most of you.

I won't treat you any different , than I would want to be treated.

Lastly there is a 28.50 surcharge for each item considered as a explosive. I was looking for 4 items. That's over 100.00 not including shipping.

I shared my story for help and answers. I wouldn't post anything if I had attacked basspro if I was at fault.

I'm denied access from my aol screen name I guess I could change my screen name.

I've never been disrespectful to anyone on this or any site. I only post if I have something to add, or if I need help and answers.

I hope this clears up any questions. I don't mind answering more.Thanks.

Did you trying visiting the site on your phone or tablet? On a different computer? If they don't want your money, don't bother begging them to take it.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    You honestly mean to tell me that the people working the customer complaint box are going to have to the power to blacklist users of this site? His error doesn't look like an application error either, it looks like some sort of webserver error, but I am not not 100% sure because I am not seeing it myself. If anyone is blacklisting anything on BPS, it is coming from their security dept, not customer service.

I don't know what's worse, your assumptions or the lack of info from the OP.

hammer

Feb 9, 2009
    Was walking the dog when he called. I'm not too upset about this. I got what I need.

I can order from cabelas.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Yeah, but home accounts rarely have hard (immutable) IP addresses. You reset your modem, and you will likely be assigned a new IP address. And what was yours once, might be your neighbor's tomorrow.

Where I work the internal network uses DHCP to assign IP addresses to desktops and laptops. If the desktop or laptop stays up it keeps its IP address for as long as months at a time. Your cable modem does the same thing with your cable company. If you have verizon FiOS then it is the same as a cable company. The work WiFi network works the same way.

They company, BPS, just needs to clear out there ******* IP address list ever week or so and nobody gets hurt.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Not saying anything different. Need to pay extra to get a static IP address as a residential customer. I doubt BPS goes to the trouble of banning IP addys of individuals unless they're getting spammed by a botnet - too much potential bad publicity if they make mistakes with customers. It's possible that they might ban a user based on log in credentials. More likely is that the OP is having some basic internet issue, and all will be well after his Kindle restarts or he tries logging in tomorrow.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Ok i did say I didn't use profanity.

Basically I said I drove over an hour to get to your store to buy reloading supplies.
    No powder, no primers, no brass

How do you say you support shooting sports, like reloading, you sell reloaders, but no supplies for it.

Guess where I'm not going shop next time, not basspro.

I'm not an internet assassin, I'm a regular guy like most of you.

I won't treat you any different , than I would want to be treated.

Lastly there is a 28.50 surcharge for each item considered as a explosive. I was looking for 4 items. That's over 100.00 not including shipping.

I shared my story for help and answers. I wouldn't post anything if I had attacked basspro if I was at fault.

I'm denied access from my aol screen name I guess I could change my screen name.

I've never been disrespectful to anyone on this or any site. I only post if I have something to add, or if I need help and answers.

I hope this clears up any questions. I don't mind answering more.Thanks.

Don't know if this has been covered yet, but the hazmat fee of $28.50 is for a box of a certain size. You can have as much powder and primers in it as will fit in it. The hazmat fee charge is NOT $28.50 per item. I ordered 10,000 shotgun primers from Brownell's about a year ago and the shipping was extremely reasonable. Same goes for shipping from Gamaliel's, etc. Gamaliel's even tells you what the weight limit is for the hazmat box and then it tells you how much each hazmat item weighs so you can figure out when you will hit the single box limit.

All hazardous items are given a hazardous point value ranging from .01 to .99. Any combination of items that equals 1 or less will ship in 1 box for 1 Haz-Mat fee. Any combination that equals 2 or less will ship for 2 Haz-Mat fees, etc.

Click on "What's This" at the bottom of any powder or primer selection and you will see a long explanation of what the hazmat fee entails. Not only that, but Gamaliel's has free shipping on any order over $50, but you still have to pay the hazmat fee.

http://www.gamaliel.com/hodgdonpowder/hodgdon_benchmark_powder.asp

Way less aggravating and way less time to just order the stuff over the internet if you are going to order anything in quantity.

Now, when looking for 1,000 small rifle primers, better to go to the LGS.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm voting for this thread as top thread that accomplished nothing answer-wise to an issue posted on MDS. :-)

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    For future reference when ordering powder and primers, just go online and order and use free store pick up. They will email you when your items are ready for pickup. No shipping fees and guaranteed your items will be there when you make the drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom