• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Perhaps if it had a Vertical Grip and an EOTech, yes.

Um. Well, when I was at Engage we got a trade-in once. M1A SOCOM II... with a cheek rest added (too high for any practical use), a FAKE EOTech (hitting NV turned the reticle green), green laser on the rail in front of this fake EOTech, a Grip Pod AND a folding CAA fore grip. It may have had a light on there too but I can't remember. I think it weighed about 30 lbs.

Wish I could find a picture of it, it could be on my old phone...

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Um. Well, when I was at Engage we got a trade-in once. M1A SOCOM II... with a cheek rest added (too high for any practical use), a FAKE EOTech (hitting NV turned the reticle green), green laser on the rail in front of this fake EOTech, a Grip Pod AND a folding CAA fore grip. It may have had a light on there too but I can't remember. I think it weighed about 30 lbs.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

If that happened in front of me I would slowly reach into my pocket and grab my book. I would scribble something in it.

This is the book:

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Among my assortment of firearms, I have a piston AR in 6.8. Love it. Shoots -1" at 100 yards with EOTech.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Where any of the new guns being evaluated in any other cartridges besides 5.56?

If not this makes perfect sense.

This didn't make sense to me:
    “Based upon Army analysis, test results may have been affected by interaction between the ammunition, the magazine and the weapon," the release states. “The Army’s existing carbine requirement assumed use of the M855 ammunition; the weapons tested in the IC competition all fired the next generation M855A1 Enhanced Performance Round (EPR) currently in fielding. The use of the M855A1 round likely resulted in lower than expected reliability performance. These effects are unique to testing conditions and are not known to affect the reliability of any weapon in the operational environment.”

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Here you go bro

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=50844

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Look I am not into wood furniture but holy shit!!!!! I am willing to bet andy, if you replaced the furniture with wood and sold off all the other accessories you could make a decent some of money on the parts.

This thing was around 2 years ago. IIRC that's what we did, parted it out. I like how the guy had a $600+ light and cheap ass optics.

I believe he also had some of the 30-round mags jungle clipped end-to-end... :sad20:

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Since I do not know the guy that owned that thing. I will say at the very least he was ignorant. He probably bought the EOtech on Ebay or amazon with assurances that it was legit, the way he clipped the mags seems to assure me he was ignorant not familiar with function

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    :lol: Someone did a stellar job installing that cheek riser. :lol:

I've always had a strong disdain for the SOCOM in general; it completely negates the reason to move up to the 308.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

I've always had a strong disdain for the SOCOM in general; it completely negates the reason to move up to the 308.

Not to mention the fact that not only does the scout rail all but completely obscure the iron sights (the front was a night sight), but the barrel was not in line with the rail AT ALL. :rolleyes:

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County

Huh?

A .308 round out of a 16" barrel has much higher muzzle energy than a 5.56 round and makes a larger hole.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    The M14 haters will really hate the way I set up this particular M14. It offends both those that hate the M14, and those that love it.

Attachments

• m14camo.jpg
      m14camo.jpg
      199.5 KB · Views: 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads