• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Its because the AR/ M4 is a outstanding system with 50 years of improvements/enhancements.

Polymer designs, Piston Designs, or Disco Balls won't change the FACT that despite the ARs early teething issues that its one of the finest small arms weapon systems ever developed.

Better then the AK too.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Might be able to arrange something when I get some days off. ;)

*Back O.T.

6.8 would be an interesting option to pursue, but limited availability of Mags and 6.8 Bolts/Barrels currently could make it difficult.

6.5 Grendel would be even more interesting, IMO. But I feel that would be hard to manage as well.

Please don't.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I thought you were going to buy a 6.5 or 6.8. Yuk. ;)

Nah.

I find the exterior ballistics interesting, but not enough to buy one personally. (Sorry Forest. :o)

Only reason I even did a 300BLK was it'd be legal for deer. And I know from firsthand experience, it does VERY WELL on deer. Watermelons too. :D

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Color me not surprised. They just bought a few hundred thousand more M9s.

It is going to take a SIGNIFICANTLY better weapon system to justify replacement. The longer the M16/M4 is in service, the more significant the change must be.

Obviously the logistics of fielding a new weapons system are pretty much unfathomable to anyone outside of the Pentagon... but in short no one wants to do it.

Also, we all know how effective the M16/M4 platform is, despite the bickering from the piston gun fanboys. Yeah the SCAR is nice, but what does it really offer over a folding stock and ambi controls that the M16/M4 can't do?

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Its because the AR/ M4 is a outstanding system with 50 years of improvements/enhancements.

Polymer designs, Piston Designs, or Disco Balls won't change the FACT that despite the ARs early teething issues that its one of the finest small arms weapon systems ever developed.

Better then the AK too.

Don't got ahead of yourself now. :D

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Why drop the 3 round burst off the M-4. I do not see how dropping the 3 rd burst will make shooting it more accurate, semi=accurate, 3 rd burst = slightly accurate, FA = Maybe accurate.

All of the "well-trained" people I know only use well aimed semi-auto fire.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I prefer weapons where I don't have to barter with private sellers or pay Fulton Armory to get parts.

To be honest, I hate the M14 more than the .40 and Piston AR's combined. I usually turn them down for work, but Scott takes them instead.

LOL. I agree. I talked to many people about the M14/M1A platform, and basically got this out of it: the rifles used in service were built of parts matched at the factory. As in: put an op-rod on... ot binds or isn't bent quite right? Toss it back in the bin and try others until you find one that fits.

I've read the Kuhnhausen book cover to cover several times over. I'll do basic work on them, but that's it.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    LOL. I agree. I talked to many people about the M14/M1A platform, and basically got this out of it: the rifles used in service were built of parts matched at the factory. As in: put an op-rod on... ot binds or isn't bent quite right? Toss it back in the bin and try others until you find one that fits.

I've read the Kuhnhausen book cover to cover several times over. I'll do basic work on them, but that's it.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Now they gonna hate on you too. :D;)

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I prefer weapons where I don't have to barter with private sellers or pay Fulton Armory to get parts.

To be honest, I hate the M14 more than the .40 and Piston AR's combined. I usually turn them down for work, but Scott takes them instead.

I still love those damn things. Need to get one.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010

So if someone converted a piston AR to .40 S&W and gave it M14 furniture...would your head explode?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Certainly many rifles that perform better, I would rather have an FAL, but it sure looks good.

Attachments

• IMG_2080r.jpg
      IMG_2080r.jpg
      66.7 KB · Views: 127

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads