• No, but I'm joining asap

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I did. No joy. I got my user name reset email a few minutes earlier in my inbox but why the PW reset email didn't come through a few minutes later is a mystery.

ETA: I want do donate FREE MONEY! Why is a login needed? Only valid credit card info from anonymous givers should be enough. This is not the first time I've had this issue,
    Sometimes, when working with grassroots volunteers, you get less than premium service :o. Send an email to info @ marylandshallissue.org (take the spaces away from the "@"). That email will get directed to the appropriate volunteer to help with your situation. The response may come from another email address altogether, so continue to watch your spam folder.

Thank you for your support.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Sometimes, when working with grassroots volunteers, you get less than premium service :o. Send an email to info @ marylandshallissue.org (take the spaces away from the "@"). That email will get directed to the appropriate volunteer to help with your situation. The response may come from another email address altogether, so continue to watch your spam folder.

Thank you for your support.
    I am tired tonight and really appreciate your response.

I am not looking for service. Before signing off for the night, I'll suggest it should be pitiably easy to give free money to a cause.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I am tired tonight and really appreciate your response.

I am not looking for service. Before signing off for the night, I'll suggest it should be pitiably easy to give free money to a cause.
    It should be...and at gun shows, the litigation donation can is right there. Unfortunately, cyberspace is not as safe as a gun show. If it's too easy for you to give away your money (and personal info), it might be too easy for someone else to take it. I don't know the answer :o

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Member since 2013. Back then, IRC, your membership application had to be vetted before admission.
    (Or maybe I just looked disreputable?)

Anybody could become a General Member . Executive Member ( back when that meant something ) had to be vetted .

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    It should be...and at gun shows, the litigation donation can is right there. Unfortunately, cyberspace is not as safe as a gun show. If it's too easy for you to give away your money (and personal info), it might be too easy for someone else to take it. I don't know the answer :o
    I've dropped money in the can at the show, but I just checked my email and while I got my username recovery email, I have yet to receive my password reset email. It's been about nine hours since I put in the request. It's not in the junk folder. This crap happens all the time.

Why does someone need to log in to give money? That is a barrier to giving by one-timers who just want to drop money into the kitty. TAKE IT!

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    As a new-ish private citizen gun owner, I had only ever heard of the NRA until seeing mention of MSI and GOA on this forum. Because of NRA's history of doing little work with the massive amount of dues they take in, I was reluctant to give money to any of the other groups, fearing more of the same.

After watching MSI notch a couple of victories and seeing the value of having an organization that is dedicated exclusively to fighting our state's overreach, I finally joined. I am amazed at what this organization does with so little money.

It's time to start funding our advocates at the same level or better that we're funding our opposition (through our taxes). As Ben Franklin said:

1280px-Benjamin_Franklin_-_Join_or_Die.jpg

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I did. No joy. I got my user name reset email a few minutes earlier in my inbox but why the PW reset email didn't come through a few minutes later is a mystery.

ETA: I want do donate FREE MONEY! Why is a login needed? Only valid credit card info from anonymous givers should be enough. This is not the first time I've had this issue,
    Sounds like you could benefit from a password manager - one password to rule them all. There are some for-fee/subscription ones like 1Password (which the software is great), but I find the free ones just as good and I have a burr up my @ss about subscription software. I use KeeppassXC because they have versions for Windows, Mac and Linux.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I left Maryland this summer-- but I renewed my membership later this summer as well. The fight for 2A is asymmetrical and the enemy doesn't recognize or stop at State borders. MSI is highly effective and I believe the "wins" column for Maryland translates into national implications for ALL of us--no matter where we reside. United we stand...divided we fall. Failure is not an option...bleed a little "green" now and prevent bleeding "red" in the future.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I left Maryland this summer-- but I renewed my membership later this summer as well. The fight for 2A is asymmetrical and the enemy doesn't recognize or stop at State borders. MSI is highly effective and I believe the "wins" column for Maryland translates into national implications for ALL of us--no matter where we reside. United we stand...divided we fall. Failure is not an option...bleed a little "green" now and prevent bleeding "red" in the future.
    We're on the same page. SC resident since the beginning of this year, but also just renewed. We can thank the patriots of NY and all their hard work for Bruen. That one ruling is knocking down anti 2A laws all over the country. I'm convinced MSI's work and the patriots of Maryland are poised for a similar impact. The HQL win was huge even if it gets delayed by an appeal process. Post Bruen everything has changed.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    We're on the same page. SC resident since the beginning of this year, but also just renewed. We can thank the patriots of NY and all their hard work for Bruen. That one ruling is knocking down anti 2A laws all over the country. I'm convinced MSI's work and the patriots of Maryland are poised for a similar impact. The HQL win was huge even if it gets delayed by an appeal process. Post Bruen everything has changed.
    :thumbsup:

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Sounds like you could benefit from a password manager - one password to rule them all. There are some for-fee/subscription ones like 1Password (which the software is great), but I find the free ones just as good and I have a burr up my @ss about subscription software. I use KeeppassXC because they have versions for Windows, Mac and Linux.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I am familiar such apps but am philosophically opposed to putting all my eggs in one basket.

BTW, I just dropped a donation to the lit fund in the amount of $100. GO GET 'EM, MARK!

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I have my MSI user name and while trying to reset my password have not, after two hours, received the email to reset my password. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GIVE MSI ANOTHER $100?? Where is my password reset email???????????????????
    Would you send me an email with your full contact info and we will get it straightened out, i promise, or die trying. Mpennak@marylandshallissue.org. Please reference this post. Thanks.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    "Are you a member"-YES, and I'll be renewing tomorrow, and maybe even upgrading my membership, and kicking in to the legal fund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom