• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    One of the venders at the show today had Mini-14's with folding stocks for sale, but they were in a different caliber than 5.56.

Mini 30s
    7.62x39

Not banned or mentioned in any way. It can have a folding stock.

Tapco gen 2 30rd mags are the only aftermarket mags that work well. Besides factory Ruger. I have tried them all.

The Tapco gen 1 works for a while and then the hole in the front enlarges.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Mini 30s
    7.62x39

Tapco gen 2 30rd mags are the only aftermarket mags that work well. Besides factory Ruger. I have tried them all.

So the mini 30 folding stock is not banned, or none of the folding stock Rugers? This is one instance I would love to be wrong.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Mini 30s
    7.62x39

I think they were chambered in 300AAC.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Factory mags are best.. but John Masen jb1420 20 Rd mags are a close second for half the money. Nice rifle. The stout barrels on tacticals are more accurate for me.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    So the mini 30 folding stock is not banned, or none of the folding stock Rugers? This is one instance I would love to be wrong.

Only the .223 mini 14 with a folding stock is banned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-17-22-16-50-1.jpg
      Screenshot_2016-01-17-22-16-50-1.jpg
      55.5 KB · Views: 211

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Would the folding stock with flash hider and detachable mag cause some over evilness in the Peoples Republic?

Yes, that would be a copycat

Only allowed 1 of the following

Folding stock
    Flash hider
    Grenade launcher

Just swap the flash hider with a muzzle brake to be OK

Feb 28, 2013
    Mini 14? Only the folding stock version I think. Anyone else know?

Remember. Ya hafta think libtardistically.

Does the Mini-14 with a folding stock look like a machine gun that was used on TV?

After all, that alone means it only shoots armor piercin' heat seekin' boolits that only target children, puppies, and kittens all by itself and has therefore been declared too dangerous by our nannies for ownership by us mere subjects. :rolleyes:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    One of the venders at the show today had Mini-14's with folding stocks for sale, but they were in a different caliber than 5.56.

Yes, Mini 14 banned in the law is folding stock, .223 ONLY.

7.62x39 and .300 BO with folding stock would be legal.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Remember. Ya hafta think libtardistically.

Does the Mini-14 with a folding stock look like a machine gun that was used on TV?

After all, that alone means it only shoots armor piercin' heat seekin' boolits that only target children, puppies, and kittens all by itself and has therefore been declared too dangerous by our nannies for ownership by us mere subjects. :rolleyes:

I don't know, the A team couldn't kill anybody with with one in 5 seasons..... But I guess they didn't have the folding stock type. Now I get what they are banned :sad20: .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Thought they were banned by name per sb281.

Would be cool if I'm wrong...

Only the "folding stock model."

And as noted above, only in .223. The CA compliant or "ranch" version has 18.5 inch barrel, while the "tactical" or folding stock model has 16.1" barrel. The Ranch version (and the tactical version with non-folding stock) can be seen even in Wal-Mart in Eldersburg from time to time.

Unclear as to what would happen if you put a different stock on the ranch rifle, like the butler creek or choate folder. Heads may explode since it is not THE folding stock model (16" barrel, ATI folding stock). That extra 2.5" on the barrel is sooooo dangerous.

I sent my mini 14 trigger in to lighten it up, and added an adjustable gas block. Now its very crisp and shoots soft and does not kill the neighbors with brass. Love it!

Feb 28, 2013
    I don't know, the A team couldn't kill anybody with with one in 5 seasons..... But I guess they didn't have the folding stock type. Now I get what they are banned :sad20: .

The Mini-30 on the other hand, despite chootin' the bigger boolits, well that's perfectly ok because a full auto version was never used in any movies or on TV.

Granted, the VZ-58 made a brief appearance in Octopussy, but that looked enough like an AK to make it not worth a second thought by the nanny statists.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    When you buy mags stick to factory ruger. They're pricy but they work where as all the aftermarket I've tried suck.

+1

I've also had much better luck with the 20 rounders vs 30.
    Look at any photo of a PD using Minis and they are generally running 20s.

+2

Launching brass into the next county is part of the fun with a mini

Mine flings the brass at least 15 feet forward and to the right. Very cool. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom