• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I understand what you're saying. One thing you could do is just back out the screw a tiny bit before taking it down, then screw it back in a bit when you re-assemble it. The thing that concerned me about the steel screw on mine is I believe it would have a tendency to "bite" in to the upper receiver lug, and over time that would probably cause some wear at the contact point on the upper. You won't ever have that problem with a nylon screw. Again, a great idea and thank you for mentioning it.
    True, but... for me, that means taking the grip off, messing with the selector detent/spring, etc... I may look at drilling the grip, if I can (have room without screwing up the grip itself) to gain access to the setscrew without removing the grip. This is on my pistol build, so it's not really that big of a deal. I just took it in, backed it out til I had no tightness in the takedown pin and left it at that.

Glad to help!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    who and how is the NFA "registration" tax enforced. Meaning theoretically what would/could happen if one says meh.

It's enforced by the B.A.T.F.E., violations are dealt with strictly. Making an illegal NFA item is subject to strict fines ($250K, IIRC) and 10 years in Federal "Pound me in the ass" Prison. Added bonus, you lose the legal ability to own anything classified as a firearm, for life.

It's one of the ultimate "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    It's enforced by the B.A.T.F.E., violations are dealt with strictly. Making an illegal NFA item is subject to strict fines ($250K, IIRC) and 10 years in Federal "Pound me in the ass" Prison. Added bonus, you lose the legal ability to own anything classified as a firearm, for life.

It's one of the ultimate "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

Wow 250k and 10 years. Do bank robbers get the same penalties?!?!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wow 250k and 10 years. Do bank robbers get the same penalties?!?!

Figure for fed offense, your doing 85% of the sentence. So 8.5 years, 250K fine, and no more firearms legally.

Yeah, not worth the risk.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Russ - If the offer stands, I'm more than happy to come to Manchester. I've several which need building and took a test drive assembling one yesterday which took way longer than I think it should've.

Thanks -

Lower Parts Kit

What's up!! I was wondering if anyone would happen to build a Mag Tactical Lower. If so tell me the LPK that you use I'm been shopping around but cant make a final decision. But my top 2 are Stag Arms and Core15 (just cause they're built in my home town.) But....yeah let know what you think

NewCastle OUT!!!!""""

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    Can someone point me in the right direction to where I can find step by step instructions on installing my parts kit into my lower?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    There are some good YouTube vids on how to do it. Just go to YT and search 'lower build' or something similar and you will find them..

BigW

Tactical Geek
    Mar 19, 2012
    Bowie, MD
    I second twowheelsforever, the ITS Tactical videos are great. Brownell's has some pretty good step-by-step videos as well.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Brownells has a great collection of resources on their website! I have used a handful of them. Easy to follow and to the point..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom