• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    Does anyone have any Adcor Defense BEAR rifles in stock. Apparently these are made right here in Baltimore? They have excellent feedback on their piston system and overall. Not cheap. Seems silly to get one on GunBroker when they are made right here. Anyone IPs have any? Thanks in advance.

gunone

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2011
    MD
    I know Accurate Pawn and Tackle does carry them.

They are an IP on the site.

But I don't know if they have any.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    From Adcor's Dealer page

Dealer Locator

Barts Sports World
    6814 Ritchie Highway
    Glen Burnie, MD 21061
    Phone: 410-761-8686
    Email: bartsgunshop@hotmail.com
    Fax: 410-768-8531

Accurate Pawn & Tackle
    6653 Washington Boulevard
    Elkridge, MD 21075
    Phone: 410-579-1576

Atlantic Guns – Silver Spring
    944 Bonifant Street
    Silver Spring, MD 20910
    Phone: 301-585-4448
    Fax: 301-585-5935

Just Guns
    7715 Harford Road
    Baltimore, Maryland 21234
    Phone: 410-663-4867
    Fax: 410-663-3800

Atlantic Guns – Rockville
    601 Hungerford Road
    Rockville, MD 20850
    Phone: 301-279-7983

Continental Arms
    9603 Deereco Road
    Timonium, MD 21093
    Phone: 410-560-3609

Duffy’s Gun Room
    15433 Falls Road
    Sparks, MD 21152-9590
    Phone: 410-771-4398

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    Worthless junk IMO.

Why Clandestine? The reviews online are very positive. People particularly seem to like the piston system as compared to other piston systems. Has this been a gun that people have brought to you to get fixed a lot? I appreciate your input. Helped me pick a shotgun a few years back.

Also, thanks for the dealer list, but I want to see who actually has them on hand so I can go look at one in person. Depending on Clandestine's feedback of course... :innocent0

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Why Clandestine? The reviews online are very positive. People particularly seem to like the piston system as compared to other piston systems. Has this been a gun that people have brought to you to get fixed a lot? I appreciate your input. Helped me pick a shotgun a few years back.

Also, thanks for the dealer list, but I want to see who actually has them on hand so I can go look at one in person. Depending on Clandestine's feedback of course... :innocent0

You can stop by Scotts to examine one, he has 2 in stock.

I cant speak to the Reviews as I wasnt there, but from my experience many are heavily limited in nature and are simply biased because they are from OWNERS who wish to justify their purchase.

Piston AR's are a bad design anyway but theres other reasons I wouldn't own one.

There are other reasons I simply cannot discuss on why I wouldn't own one, but I cant on a public forum. I wont open myself up for a Lawsuit. If you choose to ignore that I understand, you have no reason to trust me.

If you HAVE to have a Piston AR, then get a LWRC or nothing. Direct Impingement is better all around. The "positives" of pistons are all sales and hype.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I got to play with one awhile back at a shop , not fire just fondle . I would pass on buying one and if given one I would trade it out . The upper just felt flimsy especially the forward charging handle thing sticking out the side .

Like Chad said if you want a piston gun get a LWRC . Dad bought one , it runs great but my DIs will keep up with it all day . If something on the piston breaks you have to go to the manufacturer for parts . If a DI breaks you can get parts anywhere . Same with the Adcor the parts are proprietary .

If you just want a AR made in MD get the LWRC.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    If you HAVE to have a Piston AR, then get a LWRC or nothing. Direct Impingement is better all around. The "positives" of pistons are all sales and hype.
    I think I have to agree here, though LWRC does build a very good quality piston driven rifle and pistol.. :thumbsup:

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    There are other reasons I simply cannot discuss on why I wouldn't own one, but I cant on a public forum. I wont open myself up for a Lawsuit. If you choose to ignore that I understand, you have no reason to trust me.

Ooooooohhhhhh PM me I wanna be part of da secret squirrel coicle!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Scotts has some, he is a Dealer.

Worthless junk IMO.

Just curious if your opinion refers to lowers as well. I do not own a full Adcor rifle but I do own one of their lowers (which I built into an AR Pistol). I have to say that in terms of machining and finish, it is much nicer than any of my other lowers.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    If you must get a piston go LWRC, or HK. Colt wrote the book on that shit then decided it wasn't worth publishing and scrapped it selling the idea to those crazy Germans who took American garbage sprayed it with air freshener and declared it to be worthy of the Fuhrer.

FIFY.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Just curious if your opinion refers to lowers as well. I do not own a full Adcor rifle but I do own one of their lowers (which I built into an AR Pistol). I have to say that in terms of machining and finish, it is much nicer than any of my other lowers.

Lowers are fine.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    ADCOR also makes a DI rifle with or without a forward charging handle.

I got to tour the ADCOR facilitiy last week and was very impressed by their operation. First time I ever got to see any kind of production like that, seemed like dozens of CNC machines, saw billet material in block form skillfully transformed into every part of an AR. Went from shop floor into the bulid room where the rifles are assembled then into the range where they are all test fired. Handled a new complete billet rifle, with new billet upper receiver and lower, just awesome. The piston guns are shipping with a new 4 position regulator and a safety lever that can be removed rendering the rilfe locked on safe, the lever is made to fit on either side of the rifle for right or left handed shooters. I will be buying a complete billet rifle from Accurate Pawn when they arrive in the next few weeks.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Does anyone have any Adcor Defense BEAR rifles in stock. Apparently these are made right here in Baltimore? They have excellent feedback on their piston system and overall. Not cheap. Seems silly to get one on GunBroker when they are made right here. Anyone IPs have any? Thanks in advance.

GOOD LUCK trying to contact them for extra parts!!! I had one on deck at Continental Arms, but I tried to contact them about extra parts "4" times with no results. I then had Continental try several times with NO results! I said the heck with it, told them to SELL to someone else, and brought a LMT CQB from them, and soooooo glad I did.

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    If you must get a piston go LWRC, or Hk. Hk wrote the book on that shit.

HK 416 civilian model has a unchromed line bore which is a non started for me. I have other HK platforms and they are great. Definitly not married to piston. Interesting points about propriatary parts and mechanisms. Hadn't considered that. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom