• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    "Annapolis" "Gunshow" just sounds like an oxymoron to me.

images

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Mostly books, knives, and ammo

I went early ... bought an AR ... grille lighter :D

I didn't expect much, so I wasn't disappointed. Not much of a selection and prices were generally higher than what I could get online even with paying tax and shipping.

But, for a $5 admission ($4 with the coupon), it wasn't a total waste of an hour, since it was local for me.

jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester
    For those who attended: Is there any powder/primer deals?

Thanks
    Saw a few boxes of primers, no powder although I wasn't paying attention since I don't reload. For that reason I don't know about prices. Prices for things I do know about seemed very high but I didn't try to talk down any prices as I saw nothing of interest.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I saw maybe 5% guns, 95% everything else. But there are worse ways to spend a Saturday morning.

12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    Did the whole show in 40 minutes including a friendly chat with the ATF ladies
    who were very helpful in answering a couple of technical questions about trusts and C&R matters. Very few GUNS at this show. I did a quick count and came up with a total of 49 rifles,pistols, and shotguns in the entire show.
    The rest was ammo, mil surplus,junk knives,trinkets, books, and clothes.

Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland
    Pretty much what's been said. I don't regret going, but don't lose sleep if you miss it. Most of the show was 1/3 AR parts, 1/3 books, and 1/3 knives with a few dozen guns around. I did manage to find some 7rd. 1911 mags for $10 each, so that was worth it to me.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    It was my first gun show, and hearing reports about other shows, I went with low expectations. But it was good!

We spoke briefly to one of the organizers. He understood the complaints about the lack of guns. He mentioned both the VA show and the fact that this show, or pretty much any gun show hasn't been in Annapolis for 20 years.

Didn't buy anything, but got to touch come old rifles. Saw some people I knew.

My wife wanted to go along to share this hobby and spend some time after lunch at Chris'. I appreciated her interest.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Had a good time- didn't buy anything (tight budget now) but it was nice to spend the morning with some fellow gunners. Did like the older long guns. Going next weekend to Upper Marlboro hopefully a little more coin in the pocket for that one.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    I picked up a BG17 Tangodown grip for the SCAR for $38 and some SCAR panels. I had low expectations so I wasn't disappointed. I don't do well in big crowds with my son in his stroller so I didn't go to Chantilly.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I went to show support. Bought 50 rounds of buckshot. I don't demand a big show, but this was pretty bad. But maybe things will improve.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I went to show support. Bought 50 rounds of buckshot. I don't demand a big show, but this was pretty bad. But maybe things will improve.

We're going to be in Annapolis today anyway, as it turns out... so, might as well poke our heads in.

Probably getting there 11 or 11:30, so feel free to walk up to the fat furry guy in the tan jacket!!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom