• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I use ammo cans and label the outside with the caliber, bullet weight, and bullet type (FMJ, JHP, cast, etc…)

I take most of the anmo out of the cardboard boxes before putting it in the ammo can.

I also have a dehumidifier in the room running 24/7.
    I do the same.

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    I keep all of mine in a 48'' gang box with heavy duty casters. My plan for SHTF is to wheel it with me everywhere I go. I can also save calories by riding on top of it when I get to a hill.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I use ammo cans with the hand loads stored by caliber in baggies. Marked with bullet weight, powder used and weight, OAL and # of rounds in each bag. This way I can store various types in one ammo cans of the same caliber.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    I have some in ammo cans as a quick grab and go, the rest are in the orginial packaging on shelves and by caliber.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    I had several of the HF plastic ammo cans stacked 4 high in the basement when a main water line on the street broke. The basement flooded and I ended up with 14" of water. To my surprise, not a single can leaked and the ammo stayed dry. There must have been enough weight pressing down on the lids to create a tight seal.

PaFrank

Apr 2, 2020
    I have a couple cans of 06 ammo in the brown box dated 1966 in ammo cans. That's 57 years old and no sign of corrosion.
    Leave your stuff in the box. It will out last you!

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I leave it on the original pallets. Only problem is, the bunker's getting full and there's no place to park the fork truck

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Crystal kitty litter is silica gel. Get a 5lb bag and some cotton muslin pouches and you'll have more dehumidifier packs than you'll ever need. I recharge mine by setting it on the heating stove overnight in winter

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I have a couple cans of 06 ammo in the brown box dated 1966 in ammo cans. That's 57 years old and no sign of corrosion.
    Leave your stuff in the box. It will out last you!

The only potential downside to leaving in the boxes , is how many would fit into a particular ammo can . If ammo cans are your primary storage method .

( Are you burying ammo cans in a swamp ? If you are storing indoors in a vaguely temperature and humidity controlled environment , stored in boxes on a shelf will last ( long time , measured in generations ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom