• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I fall down on my knees and thank God that only Civilian-grade ammunition will be available to the people of Maryland!

I can't imagine the horror of being shot by military ammunition.

Vive La Difference!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Is he talking about the 62gr green tips specifically? The statement is pretty vague.
    "“Facilities tasked by our government with producing military-grade ammunition for our armed forces, in defense of this nation, should not also be supplying civilians who are committing tragic mass shootings in our communities.”"

Sounds like to me, any manufacturer who's ever supplied ammo to .gov .

This is nothing more than a trial balloon. They can't constitutionally limit what guns you can have so they will limit what I mean issue you can have for your guns. They can try to ban the ammo sales here in the People's Republic of Maryland but it's a small state with plenty of neighboring states that won't comply with such nonsense. I guess we'll just have to start buying our ammunition from other places.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Is he talking about the 62gr green tips specifically? The statement is pretty vague.

***Yea. I was thinking .50 BMG with the depleted Uranium slug in them, or the 30mm ammo used sometimes in the A-10 cannon... Those seem pretty military like to me, and can at least see the argument that neither of those rounds are optimal for rabbit or squirrel hunting, nor even home defense... The 62g green tips seems like pretty weak sauce compared to those others..

They shouldn't be trying to ban anything and instead lock criminals up in jail - preferably forever if needed if they are a danger to society.

More prisons and a 5 year prison sentence means you're in jail 5 years, etc.. Death penalty means you die, and shouldn't make any cocktail party or other such plans for the long term, etc... cuz you'll be ded. DED!!!! :shocked4:

Gau-8.jpg

hog2.jpg

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    At least one 2A analyst/lawyer thinks it was a bad move, strategically. I tend to agree. By their own argument, BILLIONS of rounds were sold commercially, so in essence they're making the "common use" argument for us. However, facts won't get in the way of emotion.

In the same way "assault rifle" and "Saturday-night special" were two terms that were coopted to sound nefarious, the newest phrase among the anti-gun crowd is "military-grade". The firearms-ignorant, which includes most of the left-wing, swallow it hook, line and sinker.

JoeR

BINGO! EXACTLY this!

The super killiest, of all of.the super killy ammos ever made?

"Military grade".

No doubt.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I've only seen LC ammunition being sold at gun shows. I've walked off the range with ammunition I didn't burn off on marksmanship teams. No one would allow us to turn it back in, so it was given to us for practice. Some of this ammo gets sold at some point, but is it that big of an issue, or is this another attempt at stirring up crap?
    To turn in ammo requires paper work. Easier to dump it on the side of a tank trail.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    It's cute that you think that the US will open another civilian ammunition plant. You don't think they'll attempt to legislate that away?
    Palmetto State Armory opened one last year (AAC). I don't think they're operating at full capacity yet, but they're open and producing some ammo.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    To turn in ammo requires paper work. Easier to dump it on the side of a tank trail.
    Or just burn it up on full auto, like we did after qual at Ft. Hood, because the CO didn't want to do the paperwork. Pretty sure I destroyed the barrel on that M16.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    "“Facilities tasked by our government with producing military-grade ammunition for our armed forces, in defense of this nation, should not also be supplying civilians who are committing tragic mass shootings in our communities.”"

Sounds like to me, any manufacturer who's ever supplied ammo to .gov .

The overwhelming majority of what they're calling "mass shootings" (to pad their statistics) are gang-banger shootouts and drive-bys. The gangstas usually use non-matching crappy old whatever they can find ammo.

Check out the Baltimore Police Confiscated Gun thread for many examples.

Of course, that blows up their lying "narrative."

Last edited:

Sirex