• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    curious why Mechanics 4473 passed fine with previous purchases, and now this purchase is denied, even with using his full SSN?

Is there a link to the FBI rap sheet request??
    I NEVER put my SSN on any form that doesn't require it. Never.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    You could always try---
    lucy-advice-booth-4112904749.jpeg
    th-3145968929.jpeg

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The UPIN has been a big help for me. There's someone in Maryland with my same first and last name (middle name is different)
    about my same age with page after page on Md Case Search. Used to be delayed all the time. Now I might get a five minute delay.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I had a false Denial the other week with a regular, called my ATF field agent and they sorted it right out in 2 days for me.

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    Talked to FFL this morning, their computer went down so all of their 77r’s got dumped. They got it “fixed” yesterday (6 days later) and resubmitted. Now wait another 7 days to see. I got a “sorry bout that” and coupon for 10% off next purchase.

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    Talked to FFL this morning, their computer went down so all of their 77r’s got dumped. They got it “fixed” yesterday (6 days later) and resubmitted. Now wait another 7 days to see. I got a “sorry bout that” and coupon for 10% off next purchase.
    Resubmitted (again) on 5/8/23 after 4pm. Tonight’s status is under review my MSP. Since it was submitted after 4 I’m guessing they’ll wait until tomorrow evening to approve.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Resubmitted (again) on 5/8/23 after 4pm. Tonight’s status is under review my MSP. Since it was submitted after 4 I’m guessing they’ll wait until tomorrow evening to approve.
    That's bulshit

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    It'll likely be in the AM tomorrow, 77r approvals go out at 6AM.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    My own 77R (voluntary registration of all my handguns as a new MD resident) was apparently flagged with the following message:

THIS APPLICATION HAS BEEN SENT BACK TO YOUR DEALER. REASON: MUST BE MORE SPECIFIC REGARDING OCCUPATION. WHAT BRANCH OR DEPARTMENT IN THE GOV'T

Status, however, is still showing as "Submitted to Application Pool." I'm also annoyed because I received no email alert, so I didn't realize that I had received this message on 5 MAY (and it's now 17 MAY).

What should I do? Am I supposed to re-submit? (Which will be a pain, given that I have 13 pistols that need to be registered.)

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    My own 77R (voluntary registration of all my handguns as a new MD resident) was apparently flagged with the following message:

THIS APPLICATION HAS BEEN SENT BACK TO YOUR DEALER. REASON: MUST BE MORE SPECIFIC REGARDING OCCUPATION. WHAT BRANCH OR DEPARTMENT IN THE GOV'T

Status, however, is still showing as "Submitted to Application Pool." I'm also annoyed because I received no email alert, so I didn't realize that I had received this message on 5 MAY (and it's now 17 MAY).

What should I do? Am I supposed to re-submit? (Which will be a pain, given that I have 13 pistols that need to be registered.)

MSP has a hard on for occupation info.
    I know it’s in the law but it’s bullsh*t.
    I know you can’t list self employed, it will get rejected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA

So what does this mean? I don't see a way to amend a previous 77R submission, so do I have to re-do my 77R completely?

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    So what does this mean? I don't see a way to amend a previous 77R submission, so do I have to re-do my 77R completely?

Sounds like a canned response since you’re self registering.

I would call the licensing division and give them a more specific occupation. They should be able to update it on their side.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    Sounds like a canned response since you’re self registering.

I would call the licensing division and give them a more specific occupation. They should be able to update it on their side.

They actually already responded to me by email asking for that info. I gave them a response back. Thanks!

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    It'll likely be in the AM tomorrow, 77r approvals go out at 6AM.
    77R not disapprovals, actually did get one this AM.

Government agencies love to collect personal info then conveniently lose it. Notice how getting a Md realID required all the same stuff from when you initially applied?

Needed to get a new military retiree ID. Security couldnt accept my old Id as one of the 2 they require, even though they issued it to me. :lol2:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    77R not disapprovals, actually did get one this AM.

Government agencies love to collect personal info then conveniently lose it. Notice how getting a Md realID required all the same stuff from when you initially applied?

Needed to get a new military retiree ID. Security couldnt accept my old Id as one of the 2 they require, even though they issued it to me. :lol2:

Lol, that definitely sounds like a government operation

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom