• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    If I forget my reusables, I just put everything back in the cart, empty the cart into my car. I'm not giving them a penny for a bag. MoFo has been charging for bags for at least a couple years now.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    The real tragedy was having to actually buy my own trash bags for the small trash cans in my bathroom for the first time.
    I feel you. I have a bag dispenser in the pantry that is completely empty that used to be full of reusable bags that I used for other things. Dirty diapers, kids barf, wet clothes, dead rodent disposal, you name it. I'll miss the free grocery bags. The paper ones suck, no handles, and they can't handle wet things well.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I went to Amazon and bought plastic bags for stores and stuff . Easy to carry on pockets and i can re-use them in my smaller trash cans i have.
    They can win the battle but i will win the war.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Went to McDonalds and saw on the receipt they charged me for the carryout bag. Next time will say eating in restaurant and walk out with tray instead ;)

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Went to McDonalds and saw on the receipt they charged me for the carryout bag. Next time will say eating in restaurant and walk out with tray instead ;)
    They aren't required to charge you for the bag, that I know of. Restaurants are exempt (from the mandatory .10c charge, they still need to use paper.)

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    They aren't required to charge you for the bag, that I know of. Restaurants are exempt (from the mandatory .10c charge, they still need to use paper.)
    Correct. Chick fil a did the same thing. The CVS pharmacy still uses the plastic bags. They told me they haven't run out of them yet but they charge you if you take one.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    The real tragedy was having to actually buy my own trash bags for the small trash cans in my bathroom for the first time.
    PG county has the new law too, but I live near the border with Charles County and now shop there often enough to replenish the small trash bag supply.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    You better believe that if I'm ever out of town when I am shopping I'll be stocking up as well.
    Probably not the effect the County Executive was looking for: send some of their county's business to a different county that hasn't drank the plastic bag cool-aid.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Wal Mart by the BW Parkway oh you should hear the people really complain. The cashers are not happy as well and they tell people give AA county console a phone call or send them a nasty gram email letting them know about it. It could result in a lawsuite also called discrimination as Annapolis does not have to pay attention to this stupid law

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    You better believe that if I'm ever out of town when I am shopping I'll be stocking up as well.

Plenty of free plastic bags in the produce section. Also large plastic bags for meat packages available in the meat department at Costco.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Wal Mart by the BW Parkway oh you should hear the people really complain. The cashers are not happy as well and they tell people give AA county console a phone call or send them a nasty gram email letting them know about it. It could result in a lawsuite also called discrimination as Annapolis does not have to pay attention to this stupid law
    Let them try to find a WalMart in Annapolis!!

;)

Seriously, though, it seems like the city has made a considered point to let businesses know whether they are inside the city limits, or not.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    The Joint Base Andrews Base Exchange, Commissary and Package Store in PG county ain't playing the PG County Executive's game. Glad for that.

Not sure about other bases (e.g. Bollings) but would guess the same.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    time to write the AA Guberment a nasty gram and or phone call and complain. hmm mabe a lawsuit for discrimination or for the injury a person with a bad back having to make more trips up steps carrying fewer grocery paper bags instead of plastic for about 15 to 20 million ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom