• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    I think if someone had a bunch of land we could get together once a week for some physical training with no firearms and create some political man power.

Nicholas A.

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery county
    Maryland does have one it is called Maryland Defense Force, their website and information can be found http://mddf.maryland.gov/
    I forget the exact number but many states do in fact have a militia most are in fact unarmed, and depending on the state they do help in the support role of the National guard, just a little side information.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    Maryland does have one it is called Maryland Defense Force, their website and information can be found http://mddf.maryland.gov/ I forget the exact number but many states do in fact have a militia most are in fact unarmed, and depending on the state they do help in the support role of the National guard, just a little side information.

MDDF is an unarmed auxiliary admin assistance ...

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    ...I'm sure the threat of the "Western Maryland Militia" would at least give the idea some credibility and turn some heads even if actual violence was never used.

Best idea for this plan is, DROP IT!

In the event you don't, that's a phrase you may very well hear in the near future.:cool:

The word "militia" does not have the same (good) connotations it did in the days of our founding. Today it is aligned with domestic terrorism by LE and the media. All the classical and legal definitions be damned. Using the word "militia," to describe yourself or your organization today will get you instant suspicion if not investigation! ...just don't do it.:sad20:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Best idea for this plan is, DROP IT!

In the event you don't, that's a phrase you may very well hear in the near future.:cool:

The word "militia" does not have the same (good) connotations it did in the days of our founding. Today it is aligned with domestic terrorism by LE and the media. All the classical and legal definitions be damned. Using the word "militia," to describe yourself or your organization today will get you instant suspicion if not investigation! ...just don't do it.:sad20:

Just call yourselves the Hillery in 2016 Drill Team and you will be golden.:lol2:

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Militia's are illegal under MD law, which prevents "armed assembly".

Damn communists figured out how to stay corrupt and in power indefinitely. That was their whole plan under banning a militia group in the state.

When it all comes crumbling down on those who supported the regime .... I shall turn away and watch them fall as supporters of oppression.

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    The Maryland Militia is under the control of the governor and was called out as coast watchers in 1942. Unarmed of course. Interestingly, in Virginia, gun bills are heard in the Police and Militia committee IIRC.

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    I think we just need someone with 100 acres of private property.

any attempt to stop a peaceful militia on private property would be a political disaster for the state.

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I think we just need someone with 100 acres of private property.

any attempt to stop a peaceful militia on private property would be a political disaster for the state.
    Except that you won't be a peaceful militia on private property, you'll be a right-wing extremist terrorist organization. Each of you will be arrested individually, whisked off to God knows where and if you are lucky, charged at some point in time before you are old enough to collect Social Security.

There are other ways to skin a cat and I'd follow the previous poster's advice and drop the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom