• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    This is not the real point of this discussion. The Bushmaster that is on the old list was a different rifle from a different company.

Right. It doesn't even look the same.

For the MSP to now say ALL Bushmasters are banned is incorrect and some poor fracker is going to have to go thru hell to , hopefuly anyway, get this straight.

They know this. They're not stupid. But like was mentioned earlier they are under orders to proceed with the narrowest i.e. stupidest possible interpretation of the law.

It's not just a matter to find a shop thats not affraid to sell you a NON Colt Hbar, the current direction and info comming from the MSP needs to get fixed. I may need to find a Bushmaster Upper to put on one of my pre 10/1/13 lowers.

The thing is, where is the MSP getting their orders. Can we say "No Guns" Gansler? This is HIS doing.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Actually you are quoting Article IV, not Article II.

Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_the_land

Law of the Land is not the same thing as laws.

Also, if you read the Constitution, there are specific differences in how it is changed (Amendments) versus promulgating laws.

If the Constitution was a law, it could be voted on my Congress.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Read here:

Also, if you read the Constitution, there are specific differences in how it is changed (Amendments) versus promulgating laws.

And you confuse legislation with law. Congress votes on legislation it has no force of law unless enforced by the Executive branch as provided by the judicial process.

Congress does not make law. It takes all three branches of government to that. and even then there are limits.

Now please you are killing me. :lol2:

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

Read here:

Actually I was quoting Article VI not IV or II.;)

I would rather quote the Constitution than wiki.

I agree the supreme Law of the Land is not the same thing as laws. The supreme Law of the Land is just that SUPREME. Any other subordinate law that is made that does not follow the Constitution doesn't carry the weight of law - "...to the Contrary notwithstanding". Sure some will still choose to enforce them and can still make your life hell but that doesn't make the law or the enforcement any more 'legal'.

Just an FYI - the Constitution was what set up our three branches or government, including Congress, and it was ratified by the states. How in the world is the Congress that is spelled out in the Constitution supposed to be able to vote on that Constitution when that was the very document that created their existence?

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    And you confuse legislation with law. Congress votes on legislation it has no force of law unless enforced by the Executive branch as provided by the judicial process.

Congress does not make law. It takes all three branches of government to that. and even then there are limits.

Now please you are killing me. :lol2:

Actually it takes the 'fourth' branch of our government to enforce the law.;)

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    They didn't touch the "Regulated list" since it's inception. In fact at least two guns are on it that were never actually made.

No reason to believe they will update the "Assault list" at all...hence the copy cat part of it. Maybe update the copy cat list to ban more but that's about all you will see. If that much.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    They didn't touch the "Regulated list" since it's inception. In fact at least two guns are on it that were never actually made.

No reason to believe they will update the "Assault list" at all...hence the copy cat part of it. Maybe update the copy cat list to ban more but that's about all you will see. If that much.

I predict there will be another false flag operation tragedy that will occur that will be the catalyst for more gun rights infringements.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    How much do you want to bet that an "Assault Weapons List Revision" bill will come up in the MDGA this year, despite Frosh's "no new gun laws" statement?

They will look at it as "loophole-closing". You guys are living in a fantasy if you don't think the thugs in Annapolis don't know about all of the firearms that the FSA2013 conveniently misses.

Everyone thought they were clever when they said, "that's OK, I can still get my <insert name of non-banned mil-pattern firearm here> so it's not a big deal."

No, it's NOT OK...no they will NOT let you continue to be able to get your conveniently unlisted firear...and YES, it IS a big deal.

And if DINO-2014 fails to make a necessary change, then it will continue to get worse.
    ^^ THIS.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I predict there will be another false flag operation tragedy that will occur that will be the catalyst for more gun rights infringements.

On what level? On the federal level they are useless. The majority of states do not react to them. The states that do knee jerk laws because of school shootings, mall shootings, or bombings would have got the laws past anyway.

I just don't really buy into the false flag stuff on gun rights. Maybe I'm a bit naive.

As far as fed's go they had a lot of "ammo" (pun intended) this year and NOTHING got passed.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    On what level? On the federal level they are useless. The majority of states do not react to them. The states that do knee jerk laws because of school shootings, mall shootings, or bombings would have got the laws past anyway.

I just don't really buy into the false flag stuff on gun rights. Maybe I'm a bit naive.

As far as fed's go they had a lot of "ammo" (pun intended) this year and NOTHING got passed.

You do know it was an AKAR1547 that caused the navy base shootings earlier this year?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

I prefer the knee jerk reaction to school shootings as practiced by SD or UT (I forget which one).

But their reaction was to pass emergency legislation to allow any person working in a school, that had a valid carry permit, to carry while at work. :)

One of them already had this, the other one passed it after Newtown.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

Awesome! So you are saying the NFA, GCA 68, Hughes amendment, AWB, etc. are just figments of everyone's imagination that can be ignored.

You are very naïve - Fast and Furious ring a bell?

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I prefer the knee jerk reaction to school shootings as practiced by SD or UT (I forget which one).

But their reaction was to pass emergency legislation to allow any person working in a school, that had a valid carry permit, to carry while at work. :)

One of them already had this, the other one passed it after Newtown.

If they would not have been infringing on the right to keep and bear arms to start with they wouldn't have needed to pass a law to stop the infringement. They took something that wasn't theirs and then gave it back and the giving back is a good thing? How about just not taking it to start with?:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom