• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    To those who keep saying we shot ourselves in the foot when it comes to HBAR's by talking about them...

HOGWASH!!!!!

This ain't a FUC*** game of Checkers. It's Chess and the FUC*** Liberals are running the board on us.

You act like they didn't know about HBAR's prior to all of this and you act like they had no intention of taking them from us in the not so distant future had we just kept our mouths shut.

WAKE UP CALL: They are better at this game than we are.

I hope all you Liberal Gunowners choke on a Unicorn Horn. We are here because of you. YES!!!! YOU!!!

Even with all of this going on, I fully expect you to vote LIBERAL once again in 2014 and 2016. Don't forget to bitch about your gun rights when you pull the Liberal Lever.

dejacks

Apr 23, 2013
    I like a post with some passion. I would add that the AVERAGE CONSERVATIVE American sits back, doesn't get involved in politics and cries about how my vote doesn't count so why bother. I hope this is a wakeup call and people get off the butts because cussing at the TV doesn't work.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I like a post with some passion. I would add that the AVERAGE CONSERVATIVE American sits back, doesn't get involved in politics and cries about how my vote doesn't count so why bother. I hope this is a wakeup call and people get off the butts because cussing at the TV doesn't work.

To all those who say it is not worth getting involved or is a waste of time that you deserve what you get and you are only worth what you put in.

Bulvan1

Jun 4, 2013
    Re: Zoostations post on 9/10/13 (p. 2) "I just checked the FAQ page about SB281 on the MSP website and I swear this question and answer has changed very, very recently."
    I know this thread is a little old, (though not very), have you ever heard of the "Way back machine"? You can Google, or I believe it's archive.org, it's a site that indexes all websites/pages. Not sure it'll be there, but you just might find on there where it shows the original answer, (also cool at looking at how websites evolved).

Last edited:

FoxFirearms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    All Heavy Barrel ARs are legal in MD. At the dealer's orientation to the new laws, there were several troopers present and the question was asked directly. The response was, "All heavy barrel ARs are legal in MD, except Bushmaster. I also emailed one of the troopers and asked if hbars were legal (except Bushmaster), and the response was yes. I carry a copy of that email with me. The law can't be changed in mid-stream once it's been enacted...that would be ex post facto, and even the government can't get around it. I sell a lot of HBAR ARs, and they don't have to be stamped HBAR - that is a copywritten name owned by Colt. It doesn't even have to say "heavy barrel" or something similar. The true definition of a heavy barrel is if the portion under the handguard is thicker than the rest of the barrel, it's heavy. If it's thinner than any other part of the barrel, it's a light barrel. The only exception to that rule is if it's a heavy barrel but has a groove for a flare/grenade launcher, it's not legal. Email the licensing division and ask this question DIRECTLY, "Are heavy barrel ARs legal in MD, as long as it's not a bushmaster?" when you get your reply, print and save the email, and keep the printed copy with you.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    "The response was, "All heavy barrel ARs are legal in MD, except Bushmaster."
    I just LOVE this state...... Why the frack are all HBARS- except Bushmasters legal? Just because its a Bushmaster is it more likely to jump up and kill random people?????? God the STUPIDITY...........

FYI - The FAQ page for the MSP is currently stating only Colt HBARS are still legal to sell in Martyland.......

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    "The response was, "All heavy barrel ARs are legal in MD, except Bushmaster."
    I just LOVE this state...... Why the frack are all HBARS- except Bushmasters legal? Just because its a Bushmaster is it more likely to jump up and kill random people?????? God the STUPIDITY...........

FYI - The FAQ page for the MSP is currently stating only Colt HBARS are still legal to sell in Martyland.......

They are wrong about the law.. period.. when the time comes we may be able to prove it.. meanwhile its not a priority.

Bushmasters are not banned by name its just one model that was called the Bushmaster Semiautomatic rifle

NO!!!--- DO NOT REHASH THIS ISSUE :) -- only the courts opinion matters anyway --- and no I am not going to test it myself -- but perhaps it will be done someday..

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    They are wrong about the law.. period.. when the time comes we may be able to prove it.. meanwhile its not a priority.

Bushmasters are not banned by name its just one model that was called the Bushmaster Semiautomatic rifle

NO!!!--- DO NOT REHASH THIS ISSUE :) -- only the courts opinion matters anyway --- and no I am not going to test it myself -- but perhaps it will be done someday..

I would agree as long as it is an AR15 HBAR copy.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The law can't be changed in mid-stream once it's been enacted...that would be ex post facto, and even the government can't get around it.

The law doesn't change, but the INTERPRETATION and ENFORCEMENT of a law can change.

The whole Bushmaster thing changed. Early meeting the MSP seemed to understand that the Bushmaster on the list was NOT the current production products. But they changed the INTERPRETATION, and now if it says Bushmaster, it is banned. Even though the current Bushmaster company did NOT EXIST when the list was created.

The Colt HBAR versus any copy HBAR is another area where the interpretation has changed.

And sorry, but if you have an email from a trooper saying X, if you get arrested, that will make a nice wall hanging, and may mitigate your sentence, but that is not binding. Especially if the MSP website says something different. Now, contact the AGs office and get an interpretation, that will be worth something. Not much, but something.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    The law doesn't change, but the INTERPRETATION and ENFORCEMENT of a law can change.

The whole Bushmaster thing changed. Early meeting the MSP seemed to understand that the Bushmaster on the list was NOT the current production products. But they changed the INTERPRETATION, and now if it says Bushmaster, it is banned. Even though the current Bushmaster company did NOT EXIST when the list was created.

The Colt HBAR versus any copy HBAR is another area where the interpretation has changed.

And sorry, but if you have an email from a trooper saying X, if you get arrested, that will make a nice wall hanging, and may mitigate your sentence, but that is not binding. Especially if the MSP website says something different. Now, contact the AGs office and get an interpretation, that will be worth something. Not much, but something.

FF is making an assumption that the government has an intention of following the laws. If they did we would not have gotten past 'shall not be infringed'.

And it is probably just a coincidence that all the new interpretations expand the scope of what is considered banned/regulated. I'm shocked.:rolleyes:

GUNFUN

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2013
    Are we really talking about this again? Just go buy one from an FFL that isn't afraid.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Shall not infringe is not the law.

It is the constitution.

Yes, the constitution over rides laws, but only if the courts agree.

Basic civics, legislatures can pass any law they want. Then if someone disagrees, they go to court and the judicial branch determines if the law can stand or not.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Are we really talking about this again? Just go buy one from an FFL that isn't afraid.

This is not the real point of this discussion. The Bushmaster that is on the old list was a different rifle from a different company. For the MSP to now say ALL Bushmasters are banned is incorrect and some poor fracker is going to have to go thru hell to , hopefuly anyway, get this straight. It's not just a matter to find a shop thats not affraid to sell you a NON Colt Hbar, the current direction and info comming from the MSP needs to get fixed. I may need to find a Bushmaster Upper to put on one of my pre 10/1/13 lowers.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Shall not infringe is not the law.

It is the constitution.

Yes, the constitution over rides laws, but only if the courts agree.

Basic civics, legislatures can pass any law they want. Then if someone disagrees, they go to court and the judicial branch determines if the law can stand or not.

Seriously!?:sad20:

The Constitution (and ratified amendments) is the supreme Law of the Land. It says so right in it and the Md Constitution also acknowledges it. If a law is passed that does not follow the Constitution then that legislation is unenforceable according to the Law of the Land. Read it for yourself:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Art. 2 VI. The Constitution of the United States, and the Laws made, or which shall be made, in pursuance thereof, and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, are, and shall be the Supreme Law of the State; and the Judges of this State, and all the People of this State, are, and shall be bound thereby; anything in the Constitution or Law of this State to the contrary notwithstanding.

Now I realize that this may not be how things work nowadays, but then you have to ask who is really breaking the law?

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof

As this shows, the Constitution and the Laws made in Pursuance of the Constitution are DIFFERENT THINGS.

That is why they are listed separately.

Constitution is not the Law. It is the basis for the Laws.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    As this shows, the Constitution and the Laws made in Pursuance of the Constitution are DIFFERENT THINGS.

That is why they are listed separately.

Constitution is not the Law. It is the basis for the Laws.

Do you understand grammar? We could take this:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land;

Do this:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land;

And this would be the end result:

This Constitution shall be the supreme Law of the Land;

The Constitution is the supreme law that allows for other inferior laws to be made so long as they don't contradict the Constitution. The part allowing for other laws and treaties is present because if it wasn't then the Constitution (and amendments) would be the only law(s). The more I see how the modern oligarchs are bastardizing our Republic I think it may have been a good thing to leave that middle section out.

I understand liberty can be scary but it sure beats anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom