• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Your best deal on Berry's is going to be setting up a dealer account with Grafs with your C&R and ordering them. You get a nice discount vs ordering them from Powder Valley or Berry's direct.

What am I missing? Graf's dealer account page says you have to have an 01 or provide other proof that you are in the shooting sports industry.

"If you possess an FFL (other than Class 01), Tax ID, Seller's Permit or Resale License that indicates you are in the shooting sports industry, please send us a copy of your FFL, Tax ID, Seller's Permit or Resale License. You must put "Attn: Internet Dealer Accounts" (please include your e-mail address and/or phone number) on your document."

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I've been using PPU in my P-64, CZ82 and my Mak. It has been 100% reliable, and extremely accurate in my P-64. The other 2 seem to naturally shoot high.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    What am I missing? Graf's dealer account page says you have to have an 01 or provide other proof that you are in the shooting sports industry.

"If you possess an FFL (other than Class 01), Tax ID, Seller's Permit or Resale License that indicates you are in the shooting sports industry, please send us a copy of your FFL, Tax ID, Seller's Permit or Resale License. You must put "Attn: Internet Dealer Accounts" (please include your e-mail address and/or phone number) on your document."
    A C&R (03 FFL) will do. I've had my dealer account with them since 2012. You have to spend 2K a year, though. They didn't used to enforce it, but the panic changed that. But 2K is easy once you get your friends to order through you, which they will want to do once they see the discount.

The Berry's bullets by the 1,000 are 17 bucks cheaper with the dealer discount, that's pretty good. Not like Midways old dealer "discount" was, where you were lucky to save a percent or two...

It really adds up if you buy a lot of ammo and components.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Here she is.

9125aa4a8649de3a27284c1a311f70a1.jpg

910d9129f66b1dba8aa10d62dafeda1f.jpg

bb5c50f99bf009f1835183fbeb6e8bfb.jpg

genexd

Mar 18, 2014
    A friend of mine sprays a thin coat of neon green spray paint on his primers while they are still in the tray. Makes it easier to distinguish between his 9x19 and 9x18.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    A friend of mine sprays a thin coat of neon green spray paint on his primers while they are still in the tray. Makes it easier to distinguish between his 9x19 and 9x18.

That's a great idea. Several years ago, I read about using some kind of metal dye to tint the cases, but haven't seen anything lately.

JoeR

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

It would have to be a really thin coat, and probably some sort of thin primer would be better than paint, since it would bond better. There used to be some very effective zinc chromate spray primer that would bind to metal exceptionally well, and was water-thin (not the sand-able stuff), but I think the EPA stepped on that stuff.

That's a great idea. Several years ago, I read about using some kind of metal dye to tint the cases, but haven't seen anything lately.

I spent a fair amount of time looking into metal dyes, but couldn't find anything that looked like it would a) work, b) be affordable, and, c) not weaken the metal.

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Personally
    I would not like paint on my firing pin.
    I just run a thick shipping box sharpie across the bottom after I place 50 I'm a box

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Personally
    I would not like paint on my firing pin.
    I just run a thick shipping box sharpie across the bottom after I place 50 I'm a box

I use a "fat" marker, too, but I could see using a light spray of a metal treatment, applied after cleaning and without primers installed. The marker works well enough, though, and I've started using nickel cases for my 9x18 and .380 reloads ... and usually don't shoot them at the same time.

genexd

Mar 18, 2014
    It would have to be a really thin coat, and probably some sort of thin primer would be better than paint, since it would bond better. There used to be some very effective zinc chromate spray primer that would bind to metal exceptionally well, and was water-thin, but I think the EPA stepped on that stuff.

I spent a fair amount of time looking into metal dies, but couldn't find anything that looked like it would a) work, b) be affordable, and, c) not weaken the metal.

There was very little effort involved. All he did was spray them in the tray the primers come in and loaded them as normal. Pretty sure he used the cheap Rustoleum metal paint from Home Depot. No problems with light primer strikes of any kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom