• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I have no idea. Didn't know paperwork was needed for you to produce an 80% but it makes sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    The ATF per my phone call a while back designates a "firearm" to be able to accept a trigger group. With that said, I get what you are saying.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Yes, if you manufacturer and sell 80% receivers, the ATF will come to the place of manufacture and give you its blessing. They inspect the receiver to make sure it is only finished to a certain amount. I don't believe it's exactly 80% as that saying was just made up somewhere along the line. There are a few things the ATF doesn't like when it comes to 80% receivers and pre-marked holes for the fire control group is one of them. I was told this information by someone who manufacturers 80% receivers and has the letter of approval from the ATF.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Percent isn't a concept the ATF has. It's either a firearm or not a firearm.

Yea, there is no set percentage the ATF deems nessesary in order to consider an 80% receiver a paper weight. They just make sure the remaining amount of machining requires a certain degree of difficulty. Marking the FCG holes removes some degree of this difficulty.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom