• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Okay for the first time in 9 months I have a 77r that I did not get the email saying not disapproved in a week. Checked the licensing website and it says under review. It is day 7 and not not disapproved or any of the other things it says.

I wonder if they have shifted 77r review guys over to the HGP section, maybe thats their way of punishing us.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    You have your W&C permit so you are triple-checked. But you still have to wait lol.

Most likely yes, they have shifted the 77r people. The good news, FFL should release anyway. If there is doubt show them your W&C lmao.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I have an appointment at Heritage for fingerprinting today for my HQL. Never been there so I’m going to check out their guns as well.

Jake4now

Not Disapproved
    Jul 20, 2022
    Baltimore County MD
    You have your W&C permit so you are triple-checked. But you still have to wait lol.

Most likely yes, they have shifted the 77r people. The good news, FFL should release anyway. If there is doubt show them your W&C lmao.
    Will most FFLs release it? I have heard mixed things on this.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Will most FFLs release it? I have heard mixed things on this.
    Most will. To a customer who has a good history.

If not, stop doing business with them.

I can sort of see not releasing to a person who has not bought a gun in a few years or something.

but if they won't release to recently approved WC holder, out them.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Well I do have a good history with them, probably 6 transfers in the last few months, one as recently as a few weeks ago.

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD
    Okay for the first time in 9 months I have a 77r that I did not get the email saying not disapproved in a week. Checked the licensing website and it says under review. It is day 7 and not not disapproved or any of the other things it says.

I wonder if they have shifted 77r review guys over to the HGP section, maybe thats their way of punishing us.
    I had the same thing happen to me the other week. I was told that the MDSP server can only process x number of automated emails per day. The one I didn't get a email for was in the beginning of July when the mad rush was on so that made some sense. I think the not disapproved emails are hit and miss currently. As stated above my LGS released mine with no problem.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I had the same thing happen to me the other week. I was told that the MDSP server can only process x number of automated emails per day. The one I didn't get a email for was in the beginning of July when the mad rush was on so that made some sense. I think the not disapproved emails are hit and miss currently. As stated above my LGS released mine with no problem.
    If you don't get the email can you check the website to see if it's not disapproved? I have a couple to pick up Friday. Never had an issue before with this system.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    If you don't get the email can you check the website to see if it's not disapproved? I have a couple to pick up Friday. Never had an issue before with this system.
    It says under review on the dashboard. So I am attributing it to being very backed up.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I have an appointment at Heritage for fingerprinting today for my HQL. Never been there so I’m going to check out their guns as well.
    If willing to wait for W&C you won’t need prints or more $ for HQL, just your permit number and expiration date

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    Mine was sent back to the dealer on the 7th day because I apparently listed an industry instead of an occupation on it. No email about it, just saw it as a message on the portal. I had to resubmit it and start the 7 day wait again. Same info on it I had always used, most recently 4 months ago, we changed it for this resubmission.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    update I might have found the problem, I looked at the 77r and it has me as not a designated collector, I am. And I have bought a lower with in the last 30 days. I emailed the MSP with a copy of the 77r and the approved one from 3 weeks ago showing I am a designated collector.

I hope I dont have to redo the 7 day wait. Although the last release was the june 28th. So the wait for 30 days is only a few days. The only real issue is its south carroll and they are only open on wed nights.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    But designated collector status is on your licensing portal account. Isn't it? And your name is in the database.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    But designated collector status is on your licensing portal account. Isn't it? And your name is in the database.
    I would assume so, but under the current work load they may not dig too deep to look. It might just look over the form, check nics and go on to the next.

Also just looked the 77r is one I created last year, before I was a collector. ops, well at least its getting used. I normally keep 2 started and waiting.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I had one a few months ago that had to restart the 7 days because i put "self employed". They told the FFL that the application was incomplete and when I called MSP they said I had to be specific. I told her what I did and she made the change and told me the clock started again.

I went and looked at the last 3 (most recent was 2 moths before) and they all said "self employed"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom