• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    hey, I am happy to be proven wrong. I was just trying to inform my friends of a potential loss of a well loved caliber. I got screwed on .22 and 7.62x25, I'll be damned if I'll get screwed on 7.62x54. It seems gun owners [including myself] are quick to try to beat the next panic [which seem to happen every year].

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    hey, I am happy to be proven wrong. I was just trying to inform my friends of a potential loss of a well loved caliber. I got screwed on .22 and 7.62x25, I'll be damned if I'll get screwed on 7.62x54. It seems gun owners [including myself] are quick to try to beat the next panic [which seem to happen every year].
    If it weren't for people stirring the pot the sh## wouldn't stink. Just sayin

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    fair enough, but I sure wish someone had told me what was gonna happen to .22, sure would have been nice to get that heads up. Also, 7.62x25 dried up almost overnight. Surplus stopped, prices flew through the roof and never came down. I remember less than .10 cents a round, now it's around .35

I saw alot of US sellers that keep large stockpiles of 7.62x54 in stock running out. This ammo is exclusively imported and is relatively cheap. It would not take much for ammo hoarders and resellers to scoop up the available supply.

It is not so much the actual cause of the stampede that matters, if the bulls start running, you still better run too.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Sorry if this was already mentioned, but I heard that 7.62x25 dried up so fast because the AR x25 uppers came out and a bunch of the big security contractor firms bought the stuff in massive quantities for cheap training (think of how much cheaper 7.62x25 was vs .223/5.56 at the time)

Could be BS, but seems plausible to me....

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Bring the zombies

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      100.2 KB · Views: 233

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts