• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I'll name names. Cop shop in Baltimore city says seven business days not counting weekends and holidays. Then they say they are required by law to sell you a omega lock. Then they'll lose your gun / pre order, and make you wait some more.

Ah I feel much better

And that is the "Store Policy"... Not the Law... And if you're getting a good price on your pistol... one or two extra days is worth the wait. IPs here have Store Policies too... And I have no issue with them being smart about protecting their place of business. That is their livelihood and they must do what is prudent for them. The Cop Shop is only one of 2 GS and 1 Pawnshop FFL that I know of inside of the City limits of Baltimore. The owners must go to great lengths to protect that business from the anti gunners who are constantly trying to find reason excuses to put them out of business. Don't get mad at them for taking what they see as reasonable precautions to stay alive in a city where there are so many folks trying to kick them out.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    thank you for clarifying RD.

The business days thing is the main thing I was pointing out. There is no mention of business days.

Since every week has a Sunday... They can not exclude all Sunday's. To do so would be to force an eight day wait on every sale. So if one is not wishing to wait eight days... Buy Tuesday through Saturday and be mindful of where the seventh day may fall on a holiday.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The 77r says even after 7 days, you can't actually pick up until 7 days have elapsed, so pickup on the 8th day. I know some shops will allow pickup on the 7th day, but as you point out, it's up to the FFL.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    That 2013 crap drove me permanently out of two gun shops that I was a regular at.... had one purchase locked up for 111 days, and couldn't talk them into an early release despite having done thousands of dollars of repeat business with them (and it was a very scary .32 colt derringer.... obviously putting thousands of lives at risk). I have not been back to either of those shops since. I give all of my business to MDS Industry Partners now, and so it shall always be.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    the problem is it wasn't an "early release", as MSP finally admitted to after being challenged.

It was a "legal release" irregardless of MSP's opinion at the time. My LGS (Engage) always did the right thing and that's where by business goes.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    That 2013 crap drove me permanently out of two gun shops that I was a regular at.... had one purchase locked up for 111 days, and couldn't talk them into an early release despite having done thousands of dollars of repeat business with them (and it was a very scary .32 colt derringer.... obviously putting thousands of lives at risk). I have not been back to either of those shops since. I give all of my business to MDS Industry Partners now, and so it shall always be.

Exact same experience but only at 1 shop. Been buying there for years and then in January of '13 actually went back to the store on the 8th day and was told about the back up.

Picked up my purchase about six weeks later and haven't darkened the door since.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom