3-22 Carry Introduced for 2016 Legislative Session!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The whole point of the legislature moving this bill along quickly this year was in case the Governor vetoed again.
    They have over a week to override, so I'm not really concerned. I don't know the exact procedures but hopefully the speakers can't pocket veto or anything like that.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    The whole point of the legislature moving this bill along quickly this year was in case the Governor vetoed again.
    They have over a week to override, so I'm not really concerned. I don't know the exact procedures but hopefully the speakers can't pocket veto or anything like that.

I'm hearing it could be overridden as soon as tomorrow.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I lived in WV my whole life until 4 years ago. I miss it there. I agree with constitutional carry, but my question is this. Isn't this a double edged sword? Great that everyone can carry without a permit, but then won't you lose reciprocity with other states who recognized the WV permit? Getting a cc permit is not hard in WV and not expensive(people spend more on fast food, drinks, etc in a month or two than the cost of a 5 year permit). And this is my opinion and my opinion only...I think regardless that anyone who wishes to carry should have at least a basic safety course. I know some of you will flame me, but hear me out. I've encountered 3 people who I grew up with in WV. They decided that they're going to carry if this passes. None of them had any idea how to safely and properly load, unload, and clear the gun that they planned to carry. None of them knew anything about ammo...two of them had magazines that were mixed with different brands/types of ammo(Blazer FMJ, Winchester Hollow points, etc). And all 3 of them looked at me like I had lost my mind when I told them that if they shot someone in self defense, that they maybe arrested and gun confiscated until the details were worked out. I'm Pro 2nd Amendment and Pro constitution and for anyone being able to protect themselves, but I believe anyone who hasn't had formal training should at least have to prove safe handling and basic knowledge of handguns.
    Flame suit on...start torchin'

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    In answer they can at this time open carry. The only difference ls if you put a coat on. As for reciprocity you will still need a carry permit issued by the sheriff's department and its 100 bucks. The CDC information has not born out the fears of the democrats. Of course this does not include the 6 other states that passed this. I believe there are 7 now but I'm not quite sure, ours would be 8. This survey was done with 4.
    http://www.gunfacts.info/blog/permitless-carry/

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    I lived in WV my whole life until 4 years ago. I miss it there. I agree with constitutional carry, but my question is this. Isn't this a double edged sword? Great that everyone can carry without a permit, but then won't you lose reciprocity with other states who recognized the WV permit? Getting a cc permit is not hard in WV and not expensive(people spend more on fast food, drinks, etc in a month or two than the cost of a 5 year permit). And this is my opinion and my opinion only...I think regardless that anyone who wishes to carry should have at least a basic safety course. I know some of you will flame me, but hear me out. I've encountered 3 people who I grew up with in WV. They decided that they're going to carry if this passes. None of them had any idea how to safely and properly load, unload, and clear the gun that they planned to carry. None of them knew anything about ammo...two of them had magazines that were mixed with different brands/types of ammo(Blazer FMJ, Winchester Hollow points, etc). And all 3 of them looked at me like I had lost my mind when I told them that if they shot someone in self defense, that they maybe arrested and gun confiscated until the details were worked out. I'm Pro 2nd Amendment and Pro constitution and for anyone being able to protect themselves, but I believe anyone who hasn't had formal training should at least have to prove safe handling and basic knowledge of handguns.
    Flame suit on...start torchin'

The current permitting process remains in place for those who want to pursue a permit and take advantage of reciprocity beyond the borders of WV. Reciprocity is not at risk.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Tagging.

Does the ConCarry also apply to out of state residents, so that they may carry with out a permit in WV?

Yes. Attempts were made to make it WV residents only, but they were squashed citing the equal protection clause. This bill will apply to anyone legally allowed to possess a firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The house just overrode The governors veto and sent to the senate.looks like the Senate will be in session tomorrow at 9am.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yes. Attempts were made to make it WV residents only, but they were squashed citing the equal protection clause. This bill will apply to anyone legally allowed to possess a firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank god. How will this affect carrying during hunting, if the jacket or vest partially covers the sidearm, by accident (movement, walking, etc...)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom